It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just voted Gary Johnson for POTUS. 5% is all we need.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just got back from the polling booth and voted for Gary Johnson.

I'm not a fan of Hillary nor Trump though if I was forced to choose one, I would probably have chosen Trump.

But a vote for Trump in my state would have been pointless. I live in a Blue state so Hillary will be getting all of our electoral votes regardless.

I am hopeful that this will be the year of the 3rd Party.

If the Libertarians can get 5% of the vote this year, it means that we will receive matching funds and a national stage in the next election.

An important step in breaking the 2 Party stranglehold on our nation.

I did my part in advancing the freedom agenda.

Good luck to us all.

edit on 8-11-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Let me know how that works out for you

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That must be disappointing to live in a state where your vote is basically thrown out. They say every vote matters but in reality it isn't true.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thank you for not voting for the witch.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I do hope for matching funds in 2020. I couldn't vot for him, after going over his policies, but thanks for taking the plunge for everyone!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I also live in a state where even if votes were accurately counted, the electoral college system effectively would throw it out.

I'm not a fan of any of these clowns- but I also voted third party. Would be nice to see the third parties get some real attention next cycle, if we're still around.
edit on 8-11-2016 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

And you too. It might help in 2020.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
That's why I moved to a red state. I lived in a blue one that was awful. No jobs, poor city services, no street lights. They didn't even maintain median and common areas even though taxes were sky high.

Now I'm in a red state and the exact opposite. And my vote counts.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Congratulations for not being a party sheep.

link   
a reply to: reldra

love me some gary but as a libertarian shouldn't he be against any funds being allotted to candidates? messed up when you have to play by their corrupt rules to play the game.

link   

Glad- I was going to vote for Johnson and not anyone that acts like a 'Johnson' but I also think it is high time to have a Lady as POTUS so w/a 'clear conscience' I voted for Jill Stein. I hope We both 'win'.

link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

Donald's is many things, but he's not a witch!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am voting for a true lady for president, not a greedy power hungry warmongering witch.

I hope we see a few non D & R's make the 5%!

F- the DeRps!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Congratulations for not being a party sheep.

Said the Conservative voter.

I know, I know, it's all about the local M.P and their impact on local issues.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: BlueShaman

Donald's is many things, but he's not a witch!

And neither is Hillary.

She is no woman!!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I am an hour away from going to vote. I *think* I am going to vote for Johnson because it is the only way to make my vote count.

I live in a state that is solidly Trump...so my vote is not going to count, in any way, that I can see. IOW, if I voted for Trump or Hillary...my state is still going to Trump.

Therefore, I am going to vote for Johnson -- *I think* -- because he is polling so close to 5% -- Jill Stein is further behind. It would be meaningful to me if the Libertarian Party had equal ballot access and public funding.

That's where I am at the moment, anyway.
edit on 8-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
in 1992 Ross Perot got %19 of the votes, those matching funds didn`t seem to help much in the next election though.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Another vote here for Johnson. The bonus here in MI is that there were Libertarians all over the ballot, so that excited me. The more we can get in other areas of government, the better. I just wish we had more time.

Just mentioning that even though my greatest hopes would be that a 3rd party would get voted in this time, I'm pretty sure they'd be assassinated fairly quickly. Just something that's been in the back of my mind with how bad things are.

And for the influx of 3rd party naysayers likely to flood this post:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
Just got back from the polling booth and voted for Gary Johnson.

I'm not a fan of Hillary nor Trump though if I was forced to choose one, I would probably have chosen Trump.

But a vote for Trump in my state would have been pointless. I live in a Blue state so Hillary will be getting all of our electoral votes regardless.

I am hopeful that this will be the year of the 3rd Party.

If the Libertarians can get 5% of the vote this year, it means that we will receive matching funds and a national stage in the next election.

An important step in breaking the 2 Party stranglehold on our nation.

I did my part in advancing the freedom agenda.

Good luck to us all.

I hope the Libertarian ticket can keep growing and growing. Such a great political ideology that most of the country would be for if they weren't so blinded by the 2 party system. I supported most Libertarians on the ticket today.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Would be nice to see the third parties get some real attention next cycle, if we're still around.

That's what I said about the Tea Party (and I voted for one of them today). Unfortunately both the Republicans and the Democrats saw to it that they were kicked to the curb ...

... and by the frikkin' IRS ... which was illegal as f#ck ... and no charges brought against Lois Lerner.

Sorry 'bout that ... but it still burns my buns to this very day. And she still collects a pension check every month ...thanks a lot 0bama.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join