It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a musician and I hope you like my sound

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hello ATS

I do music as a hobby; not a professional. Have been recording at home for 15 years alone now. I play electric guitar, bass and the keys and I am the main vocals; like a one man band lets say. So I almost never experienced them being played live. Here is my favourite. Many not in English btw. I call the sound Rock basically. I don't mind sharing my name and surname here as I see you as friends. This is not a Counter-Strike:Source forum
. I had some bands in the early days playing cover songs.

Cheers - Link
edit on 8-11-2016 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

I enjoyed your song.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Jdennis10

Thanks for your time and comment

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I see other tracks too. I will listen. Thank you for the great music!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: belkide
Hello ATS

I do music as a hobby; not a professional. Have been recording at home for 15 years alone now. I play electric guitar, bass and the keys and I am the main vocals; like a one man band lets say. So I almost never experienced them being played live. Here is my favourite. Many not in English btw. I call the sound Rock basically. I don't mind sharing my name and surname here as I see you as friends. This is not a Counter-Strike:Source forum
. I had some bands in the early days playing cover songs.

Cheers - Link

Here's one track,

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thanks for the Album cover mate

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Wow dude, I'm impressed by your production! I've been home recording for a lot of years too. Good job, the vocals pop and the whole mix sounds nice and full.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I don;t understand the language, but was good to listen to.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Cool man!
I haven't a chance to listen as I am at work.. I'm in pretty much the same boat as you though.. guitar, bass, limited keys, limited drums.. home recordings.

Some questions ..

What daw do you use?
Do you program your own drums? If so, with what?

I have friends that are amazing at the frooty loops thing and build great beats.. but so far it just makes me head hurt.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I very much enjoyed your sound. A translation of the lyrics would be be a plus, but the feel of the tune is pretty powerful.

Just a constructive criticism -- I would like to hear a heavier bass line behine you. Your vocals sound awesome, and the three or four tracks on your youtube site seem to show your guitar work.

I very much like the track "You". That really seems to hit it and hit it hard. Again, and not to be a snit, but that track could use more forward bass lines. The harmonies could possibly be a little bit louder also. Your guitar work is raw and lovely.

Really good work!!!! I would buy your album man. I think you are on your way.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

Just an SM 58 microphone and a firewire solo/t.c. desktop 6/ then focusrite 24 dsp . Nothing else then guitar to plug in... =)
Its just amazing how you can record in high quality at home.

Sorry: I started with Sound Blaster 16

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'm a little "older school" - I don't use computers to record. All the same, you're are correct. We amateur songwriters live in good times.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

I always used Cakewalk DAWs starting from Audio Pro 9 I think. Now I only use Cakewalk Sonar 8.5, Guitar Rig and Addictive drums. Not even an external plugin, I like to work raw like the old times.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

You are exactly right with your comments man. I am aware of those. These are probably 6 to 4 years old. New stuff are going to sound just like you asked my customer. Thank you! LOL

Btw, really appreciate your detailed comment.

So; what do you think about my accent in the song "You" ?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: belkide

Thanks for the Album cover mate

That's one of your tracks??

Anyway, the sound is good and crisp, otherwise needs more on the bass line, and harmony, arguably drums too.
One thing I find excellent is mini-disc for recording, and incredibly reliable. Modules are pretty cheap now, so much so that one module can be used as a channel, and a multi bank of them to cover whatever channels you have, and the recorded sound is warm, plus the use of compression in mini-discs makes for a first class vocal sound, a decent Shure stage mic being all you need.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Yes one of the tracks.

The importing of the sound file would be via CD? Or mini-disc can record to a memory card etc? It has to be convenient you know.

Yes; I didn't not pay too much attention to bass lines in those years. Now I really enjoy playing bass at home; some Jamiroquai stuff and it is just amazing how it feels.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

LOVE this!

Ooooh, LOVE this too!

Still listening! Good job!!!!!!!

edit on 8-11-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Clicked Your link and left a comment at YouTube for You! Very Nicely done, as are the other Tracks I listened to there!! Very nice work!!
Let Us know when You come out with an album/CD!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

WOW!!!!!!!!! Loving this!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I could not perceive an "accent" in your HIT! "You". I mean, I listen to a lot of world music, and various artists singing in English.

I don't want to insult you. I'm a musician also, and when I play one of my own cuts, people will attempt to identify with it, and they'll say: "Wow! That sounds JUST like Tool, or SOAD, etc." ............... and they mean well, but as an artist, I don't want to be compared to other bands. I want people to feel that it's fresh and powerful and that they like it. So it goes. Selah.

That said, "You" has the power of Avenged Sevenfold, the heart of Five Finger Death Punch. Your works are unique and therefore wonderful. Seriously, if you offer an album, I will buy it. I like fresh. I think you could beef up your guitar work -- not necessarily different licks and cuts, but more punch with palm-muting. I'd like the background harmonies to be louder, so as to support your vocals, and as mentioned, a more forward bass line. That is merely my humble opinion as a fellow musician who greatly respects your work.

ROCK ON!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join