It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reminder: You Can Still Vote Third Party

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: WeowWix

The only reason to vote for a 3rd party is to get them matching funds in 2020 and that will not happen. So voting for a 3rd party this time, is a throw away.

That is always the lame excuse.

And why your countrys government is broken.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Stein's taking votes away from HRC? good grief Charlie Brown

Just like 2012, voting Nader took away votes from Romney.
So if you hate Trump sure vote third party and elect Killary.

Commenting on someone else's voting system in their country with your snide innuendo while it pertains zero to you places you on a pedestal. When you fall off the pedestal I sure hope someone's around to pick you up and dust you off. Next time you catch an American overly concerned about someone else's country, get back to me!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: reldra

The only reason to vote for a 3rd party is to get them matching funds in 2020 and that will not happen. So voting for a 3rd party this time, is a throw away.

That is always the lame excuse.

And why your countrys government is broken.

Well , you know , if Mr. Trump becomes the next President , I would not put it passed him to make a Few Bucks to reduce the Deficit by Calling in some Old Markers from you Chaps across the Pond . He could start with NATO , then move onto England , France , and Germany with his Hat in Hand . We Could Use the Money .

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What a stupid comment. Why? It has nothing to do with my comment.

First the UK paid its debt off to the USA about a decade ago. Most of our debt is owned by our own bank of England.

Plus why piss off and wreck one of the only reliable ally the USA has left?
What would be the point?

As for NATO go ahead , screw it.
edit on 7-11-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: KarmasBiatch

I'm sorry but i must... congratulate you on your anti 3rd party non vote.
3rd party votes coming back as numero uno retardo thread of 2016 if you think 3rd party will win

Really... omg Really? .... Come On.....

Do you use your own intellect when determining what you feel .. at all? all you people who Vote 3rd Party.... you scare us.

Crap.... this world is farked..........

You are 90% of what's wrong with the electorate.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

3rd party votes coming back as numero uno retardo thread of 2016 if you think 3rd party will win

Do you use your own intellect when determining what you feel .. at all? all you people who Vote 3rd Party.... you scare us.

Wow arent we humble ...

I could say the excact same thing about you. Would it matter? No, Would you care? No, So the next time you decide to insult another member of ATS with derogatory terminology, maybe try using your noggin first eh?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Trump will be the next President!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Wow arent we humble ...

I could say the excact same thing about you. Would it matter? No, Would you care? No, So the next time you decide to insult another member of ATS with derogatory terminology, maybe try using your noggin first eh?

Lol. Did you forget what you posted or do you just purposely act this way?

But I'm the derogatory one, right?
edit on 11/7/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: KarmasBiatch

So rather than build momentum to eventually rid the country of the RepDem criminal 'biopoly' and the stranglehold that the corporate elite have increasingly shackled us with, your advice is to keep on doing the same thing that has steadily driven us into the ground? Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome is what exactly?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
yeah you can vote 3rd,,,but youll be wasting time out of your day,,and honestly that sucks because I like them but ATS isn't enough.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Firstly, thank you OP for trying and getting the word out. Please don't be completely regretful for posting it due to the ignorant responses seen all around this site and country. This needs to be seen and it's one of the few things that have made me smile with pride today.

And secondly, I've been hearing this tiresome and ridiculous phrase regarding 3rd party votes as throwaways my entire adult life for over 20 years now. It's more than old. It's more than incorrect. It's outright ignorant.
And these days, whenever I hear that kind of statement, it makes me clear that the person stating it is either hopelessly lost with their heads in the sands of propaganda or they are simply too pompous or intellectually-challenged to do at least a modest amount of research.

Numbers MEAN things. When votes are calculated in numbers, they add up to reflect what the majority of voters prefer. So, in our already two-party system (actually one, but I digress) if you have a large number of people voting in a 3rd party for example, it's going to reflect that the 3rd party is what the people want.

The greater amounts of votes that the 3rd party receives also depicts the levels of displeasure that the voters have regarding the two candidates offered. There's absolutely no such thing as a wasted vote.

See? It's easy to understand numbers in voting! Try it!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The amount of people on this thread who claim that voting 3rd party is such a waste cannot see the irony in their comments at all--it's amazing.

Here's the reality of the round-robin of cognitive dissonance that is going on:

You: A third-party has no chance of winning, so why vote for them? It's a waste.

Me: Well, if you would vote for them, they'd have a chance and it wouldn't be such a waste.

You: But they'll never win, so I'm not going to vote for them.

Me: Nevermind--this is a pointless conversation.

Critical-thinking skills, where have you gone? Why have you forsaken us?

THEY'RE ALL WASTED VOTES ANYHOW--THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE VOTES IN THE PRESIDENT!!!
(yes, I know that some electoral votes are tied to how the popular vote goes, but not all)

The least we could do is try and vote in a way that gives us better options instead of candidates who have favorability ratings that rival those of, say, Nick Cage's acting range, or Tay Zonday's singing and producing skills.

Yeah, I went there.

110-million views can't be wrong--well, at least that's similar logic being used by many railing against third-party votes on this thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The least we could do is try and vote in a way that gives us better options

You just said they're all wasted votes because of the electoral college, so what good does more options provide?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Encouraging the third-party vote is a strategy used by both major parties to sabotage their rivals campaigns. Our system is "first pass the post / winner-take-all." Voting third party ALWAYS ensures the candidate you like the least receives an extra vote from you.

This is basic math. Google "alternative vote." The electoral system needs fundamental reform before there will ever be a viable third-party.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Voting third party does not make you moral. It falsely clears your conscience, but the reality is you did nothing to stop corruption from entering the White House and permitted the elite establishment to continue their reign through the face of Hillary R. Clinton.

You're assuming that the voting system has integrity and efficacy here. It does not.

It has been demonstrated many times by different parties including HBO, that hacking of the new voting machines is very easy if a person knows what he is doing.

Voting third party is simply a protest vote, and it allows me to wake up the next day knowing I did not go to the sewer in voting Donkey or Elephant.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Because the electoral votes are still tied to the candidates that we have, regardless if some of them have relative freedom to vote for whichever one they choose.

It's more for those electoral votes that ARE tied to the majority of a state's voters where it really matters.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: KarmasBiatch

It's hard for people who are past sheeple to understand this terminology.

LOL you're one to talk...
Just based on your posts in this thread I can already tell you're no more "awake" than a supporter of Hillary.

Edit;

The fact that your opening post bashes those who attempt not to get sucked into the giant propaganda machine that is the media. This same media every four years and 24/7 in America suggests,very strongly that you vote one of the two major political parties. These two parties who's core is so corrupt they pretty much admit their corruptness knowing that their base just doesn't give a #. And yet "third-partiers" are the sheep.
Cut the crap man,how much are you being paid...?
edit on 11am30America/Chicago3010America/Chicagoam1138 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join