It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First anniversary of Nov 7, 2015 'California Missile UFO' -- lessons learned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
One year ago, a spectacular twilight apparition startled and scared thousands of viewers in southern California and nearby areas. A hundred youtube videos and thousands of comments described how people perceived [and misperceived] what turned out to be a military missile launch over the open ocean, that had been warned about days in advance.

What lessons can UFO investigators take from analysis of those reports compared to the documentable actual apparition, in one of the greatest accidental double-blind witness calibration experiments in the history of ufology?

satobs.org...

[repaired]
edit on 6-11-2016 by JimOberg because: fix url

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

The link is not working for me, possible error in the tag?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

The link is not working for me, possible error in the tag?
thanks let me fix it...

ADD -- done satobs.org...

edit on 6-11-2016 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Thank you. It's an excellent read and a welcome change over the political threads lately. S&F.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Good read. I saw one of these while sitting on the roof of my apartment building in east Hollywood looking towards downtown L.A. in about 2008 or 2009.

From out of nowhere there was a giant blue streak directly in front of me in the sky that looked like it was traveling towards downtown. I thought, uh oh, here we go and I waited for a blast wave that (thankfully) never came haha. Freaked me out for a second thinking someone had launched a nuke on Los Angeles.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I lived in So Calif for over 60 years,as kids we grew up watching missle launches etc,even when we were 8 or 9,experimental airplanes,jets,I don't remember us calling them UFO's ,the UFO's we did see were classic saucer ,near Catalina Island,we learned about aviation early as Mc Donnel Douglas was a big employer at the time,maybe some who moved here from south or other states,but we knew difference

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Nice thread Jim, I love these ones where we do have an explanation. They can certainly help put the rest into perspective (possibly explaining some while possibly ruling out the same explanation for others.) Will be checking out the link.

On a lesser scale, I saw my first Chinese lantern UFO before ever having seen a Chinese lantern. Figured it out just in time to avoid an excited thread post to ATS with no useful pictures lol. Since then, I've seen several, and was able to quickly identify and dismiss it as a UFO, while enjoying the sight and wondering how many others were thinking UFO.

I'm still waiting to see a known hobby drone with red lights to confirm if what we saw this 4th of July was that or...[X-Files Music] ... something else...

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

..... They can certainly help put the rest into perspective (possibly explaining some while possibly ruling out the same explanation for others.) ...

Thanks for the kind words, that is my intent -- getting mathematical criteria to either strengthen or rule out candidate explanations allowing genuine anomalies [and I have no reason to doubt such events could exist] to stand out.

Spaceflight cases have distinct advantages for investigation since usually -- but not always -- the initiating event can be documented.

I'm probably going to collect earlier stuff I've written along these lines into a special section on my home page called 'Rocket Spotting', it has significance far beyond the UFO question -- although I've long suspected US intelligence agencies were intensely interested in UFO reports from 'denied' areas of the world because such reports could provide usable data on secret missile and space events in those countries -- but if so, the US agencies would NOT want the target nations to realize how useful the published 'UFO sightings' actually were to their enemies.

top topics

join