It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has no solutions for bringing down the debt. Only talk and ZERO substance.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
You know I thought I'd switch over to Trump's campaign and once again attempt to listen to whether he has anything of substance to say, any REAL solutions. Once again I was disappointed. He's yapping about how the military is too small. Mr "I was against the Iraq war". What is with this guy? Is there anything of real substance he can come up with that will address America's problems? We continue to hear the cries about how we're in debt on here, but you want to bring in a guy that has no other real plan aside from more spending?

BUT BUT HILLARY EMAILS HILLARY SHE'S A DEMON!

Trump has a list of specific increases he’d make to military force structure. According to his website, he’d “increase the size of the U.S. Army to 540,000 active duty soldiers,” “rebuild the U.S. Navy toward a goal of 350 ships,” “provide the U.S. Air Force with the 1,200 fighter aircraft they need,” and “grow the U.S. Marine Corps to 36 battalions.”

The National Taxpayer’s Union has estimated that Trump’s proposals would cost at least $16 billion a year in additional spending.

about.bgov.com...

Currently the US military budget sits at around $598 billion. That's nearly half of the total global military budget. Military spending already accounted for around 54% of total government spending in 2015:
www.nationalpriorities.org...

Fun fact, Military spending has increased by more than $1 trillion since the Bush administration in 2001. Go check it out. That's a very conservative estimate.

You want to go on about the black projects? Standard military projects? They're out of control.

How much money was spent on the F35 progam alone? A projected lifetime cost of $1.5 trillion, and they're asking for another $500 million?
www.rt.com...

The F22 program? Fortunately the total program cost was at $62 billion, but they're expected to run up afew more billion over the next few years as more jets are produced and maintained: www.historyinorbit.com...

The problem with the military isn't spending, obviously. The problem is the evident misuse of tax payer money. Have any of the politicians actually introduced a bill to audit the military? How many members here have called for it? I haven't seen anything. BUT HILLARY, BUT OBAMA. BUT THE FED!

It shouldn't be a surprise that experts are pointing to the fact Donald Trump will run of debt by $ trillions more:

1. The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget projects:
Trump will add $5.3 trillion to the debt in the next decade.

2. The Tax Policy Center projects:
Trump's tax plan alone will add at least $7 trillion in the next decade.

money.cnn.com...

I don't expect Trumps supporters to care though. Support for Trump has little to do with actual policies and solutions. I'm more than happy to point out the facts however. This guy has no REAL solutions. Only talk. It's very telling how many of his supporters are just eating it up though. It's going to be interesting looking back at this election year in the future.

edit on 5-11-2016 by Southern Guardian because: 2001, NOT 2000 for Bush.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

she kinda is bro

(A demon) At least she acts like one. That'd be a deal breaker for me.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

funny you say that, i watched his speech today and realized i couldn't remember one word he's said on debt..

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What's new, all politicians seem to say they have the answers and they don't do anything when they get in. They try to make us believe they are going to accomplish things that are so out of wack that nobody can fix them.

It is sad, but I know we need the Military. I would rather pay soldiers though than buy expensive toys that make big corporations rich.
edit on 5-11-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I dont support either one. Don cant chill, and keep his mouth shut when he is angry. As for her, she is a career criminal, and puts her persuit of money before all else. Alot of people around her have had suicides too. I dont like him much, cant stand her

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Substance? Policy?

SHOW me the BEEF!

$marter $pending is what the US Military really needs...and I DONT see it with Trump's plan.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

His tax plan would also increase the deficit by a few billion, last I checked, which was confirmed by some conservative economics group as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

funny you say that, i watched his speech today and realized i couldn't remember one word he's said on debt..

I didn't say he spoke about debt (yes I KNOW that's the thread title but it's just the title).

Trump WAS speaking about military spending today when he was in Nevada. He spoke about how the military has been it's smallest since 1940. That's what I referred to in the OP.

Now do you have anything to add in relation to trump's policies?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
A very valid point. I don't think I've ever felt so helpless or powerless. I just want to sit on the couch and re-watch episodes of West Wing and pretend that none of this is happening. Maybe I'll write Jed Bartlett in on Tuesday... sigh.
What have we come to???

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ravenshadow13

His tax plan would also increase the deficit by a few billion, last I checked, which was confirmed by some conservative economics group as well.

This is TRUE. It is NOT sustainable. NOT a way to improve. As you said, even OTHER conservatives have pointed it out.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
At least Trump talks about the issues...Hillary does not . She follows the Alinsky tactics only . Deflect , Defer , Deride , and Divide. Otherwise , Hillary is totally worthless as a human...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
A person with no plans to reduce the debt is a good vote versus someone with a plan to raise it!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

At least Trump talks about the issues...

Yes he talks alot. But that's enough for you, just to hear him talking, apparently.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Who has he picked for the cabinet slot?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Hopefully his military increase rhetoric is just that, its easy red meat to throw at certain groups of people.
He plans to shrink government through a hiring freeze thus shrinkage through attrition.
I am sure a war a with Russia will be cheaper though

I can't tell you what needs to be done, its been 50 years of government mismanaging the money the taxpayers gave them. One of the few things I can tell you is if ACA rate increases continue at this rate in 5 years it will eat through everyone's after tax income. bc of the penalty it will become a form of slavery.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Rand Paul had substance. Nobody voted for him. Americans arent into substance, for the most part.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Ramp up the economy. Do anything and everything to generate tax dollars. Fix the trade deals. He talks about it all the time. Stop the corporate raiding and mass exodus of companies. We have a horrible problem right now with corporate raiding. Our economy is a busted fish tank.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
At least Trump talks about the issues...Hillary does not . She follows the Alinsky tactics only . Deflect , Defer , Deride , and Divide. Otherwise , Hillary is totally worthless as a human...

One bad thing about the Trump tactic of run in and make up lies about Hillary. They like Donnie are easily proven wrong.
This site lists the issues she has been talking about and when.
Hillary Clinton On the issues

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ravenshadow13

Yeah but he is also not going to send Isreal and other countries billions in aid for nothing. So lets call that a wash.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
Yeah but he is also not going to send Isreal and other countries billions in aid for nothing. So lets call that a wash.

It's really not a wash.

First of all, the percent of our budget that the US spends on foreign aid is extremely tiny, it's well under 1% of total spending.

Second of all, foreign aid spending is really just a form of corporate subsidy for domestic businesses. We give Israel money, but what do you think they do with that money? They don't pocket it, they spend it with our companies, which creates work at home and ultimately brings that money back. Cutting foreign aid just puts Americans out of work.

Third, by CBO scoring (which rates the costs of things over a decade) has proposed $20 TRILLION in new spending. All while decreasing tax revenues. Even Bernie Sanders only proposed $18 Trillion, and Bernie had a plan to raise the revenue.

Trumps rhetoric is fiscally irresponsible. He's either going to bankrupt the nation, or he's lying about what he's going to do. It's one or the other. I would lean towards lying, because historically Trump has never been a low tax person. He likes high taxes, and he likes being the provider of things to people.
edit on 6-11-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join