It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lords, slaves, the divine rights of kings, and the real reason why Jesus was crucified

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Since the beginning of ancient times kings and priests have used religion as way of governing the masses. With religion people are conditioned to behave according to certain dictates. There is a right way to behave according to the temple priests. And there is a wrong way to behave. What is right and what is wrong as dictated by the temple priests is irrelevant. What is important is training the masses how to be reverent to authority.

The told purpose of religion is to achieve salvation. But the real purpose of religion is to train or condition the masses to follow authority. Religion is just one of the king's tools for keeping order and preserving the monarch's power. Reverence for God is equal to reference for the king. Even further, for thousands of years, the king is so revered that the king was thought to be a God on Earth. Eventually, the king just became only God's spokesman on Earth.

Another conditioning tactic incorporated into religion is the idea of a divine or "chosen" people. All kings lust for increasing amounts of power. So to accumulate more power the king must build armies, invade other territories, and enslave other people. Normally, people just want to live in peace and raise their children. So how does the king motivate his people to join the army and kill other peaceful people raising their children. First, the king must
demonize the other people with labels. The king uses the priests to convince the masses that enemies of the "chosen" people exist. Once the enemies are labeled, they are considered to be godless sub-humans that can be killed, slaughtered, and enslaved without any moral implications.

The king then arranges a false flag attack by the very people the king has demonized. False flag attacks have been apart of history since the times of ancient kings. A false flag attack proves that the demonization of the people to be conquered was justified. People will volunteer to join the army and the king will have the force he needs to expand his power. Once the army is formed the king can invade and more power is accumulated.

Since ancient times a king needs huge amounts of labor to preserve his power. Labor is needed to build fortifications, grow food, make roads, build temples, and make weapons of war. Labor is also used by the kings and priests for living a life of luxury and privilege. So slavery became an essential part of the king's religion. The king needs slaves. Being a slave, how to behave as a slave, is an essential part of the religion:

"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel." (1 Peter 2:18)

Since the time of ancient kings people lived their lives with temples, priests, armies, enemies, war, and slaves. This is the context in which Jesus came to power. Judea was under Roman occupation. The Pharisees and temple leaders wanted to restore a Jewish king. So what was Jesus's true crimes against the Jewish temples and the Pharisees that made Caiaphas go to the Romans to seek the execution of Jesus? What was Jesus saying or teaching that was so popular at the time and also thought to be an existential threat to the power of the Pharisees? If you research this there is one idea that I believe has the spirit and nature of what Jesus had done: "They charged him with blasphemy because he alluded to God as his Father."

I believe Jesus taught a philosophy that was the opposite of divine monarchy. Jesus taught there was no king, there are no slaves, and that each person is divine and equal in the eyes of the same God and Father. This idea completely destroys the power of the temple. This completely destroys the religion of slavery and reverence for a central authority. What Jesus was teaching destroyed religious monarchy. I believe Jesus told the people they do not have to buy their salvation from the temple. He told the people that each of them can attain salvation not from behavior, but by a way of being in the world. I believe Jesus taught salvation is freely available to anyone who chooses to have it. This idea that everyone is equally divine as the king in the eyes of God was wildly popular with the people at the time.

Under Roman occupation, Jesus was destroying the very fabric of power the Jewish leaders needed to take back Judea from the Romans. It was completely unacceptable. So the Pharisees had Jesus murdered for his blasphemies against the authority of the religion.

After thousands of years of king based authority worship monarchy type religion along comes Jesus and his teachings. The teachings of Jesus were threat to every monarchy at the time. So from the beginning, the teachings of Jesus were altered and rewritten. It is no coincidence that the Bible and the currently known teachings of Jesus are almost exactly the same as they were all along. The current teachings of Jesus are written so monarchy and authority worship are as they have always been.

Which brings us to King James. The writings of King James are very telling. In his book "The True Law of Free Monarchies", King James argues for the absolute divine right of the king. He claims the king is the absolute spokesman for God. And the king has the final and absolute authority over all his subjects. King James believes the will of the king is the will of God.

So with this in mind, I believe the teachings of Jesus were rewritten to change the philosophy of Jesus back to one that worshiped authority, monarchy, and the divine rights of the king above all else. Every important passage and teaching of Christ was rewritten and flipped around. Jesus taught we are all sons and daughters of the same God. Jesus taught we are equally divine to the king in the eyes of God was twisted around to be Jesus was the only divine son of God. This would be a complete return to a single divine religious monarchy. A single divine monarchy is exact what King James wanted.

So which is it? Did Jesus represent divine monarchy? Or did Jesus end slavery to the monarchy? You can't have the word "lord" have any meaning unless you have "slaves". I think Jesus destroyed the religious authority of the monarchy. And that is why the Pharisees arranged for Christ to be crucified.
edit on 5-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

There are many people who think Jesus was influence by teachings from eastern religions. I think this is a very interpreting idea. It is a powerful idea that we do not have to buy our salvation from the church. And that each of us is fully capable of attaining salvation by being responsible for our way of being in the world. There's a really interesting saying in Buddhism: "If you meet a buddha on the road kill him." This if often interpreted to mean if you look for Buddha outside of yourself you cannot realize your own Buddha nature. I wonder if Jesus popularized this idea in Judea. The idea is the king is not the only one that is divine. The idea is that each of us is equally divine. And that absolute authority comes from within. Authority does not come from temple priests and not from central monarchy.

It's hard to know if the following is real but I found this interesting comparison of teachings:

JESUS: "A foolish man, which built his house on sand."
BUDDHA: "Perishable is a city built on sand."
JESUS: "Therefore confess your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed."
BUDDHA: "Confess before the world the sins you have committed."
JESUS: "In him we have redemption through his blood, the foregiveness of sins."
BUDDHA: "Let all sins that were committed in this world fall on me, that the world may be delivered."
JESUS: "Do to others as you would have them do to you."
BUDDHA: "Consider others as yourself."
JESUS: "If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also."
BUDDHA: "If anyone should give you a blow with his hand, with a stick, or with a knife, you should abandon all desires and utter no evil words."
JESUS: "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you."
BUDDHA: "Hatreds do not cease in this world by hating, but by love: this is an eternal truth. Overcome anger by love, overcome evil by good."
JESUS: "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."
BUDDHA: "Let your thoughts of boundless love pervade the whole world."
JESUS: "Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to cast a stone at her."
BUDDHA: "Do not look at the faults of others or what others have done or not done; observe what you yourself have done and have not done."
JESUS: "You father in heaven makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous."
BUDDHA: "The light of the sun and the moon illuminates the whole world, both him who does well and him who does ill, both him who stands high and him who stands low."
JESUS: "If you wish to be perfect, go sell your possessions, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven."
BUDDHA: "The avaricious do not go to heaven, the foolish do not extol charity. The wise one, however, rejoicing in charity, becomes thereby happy in the beyond."

edit on 5-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

If you go back to the early american challenge to the idea of Divine Right of Kings was challenged from a religious direction, not a tool of the royal establishment here in US. LOL

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Jesus most definitely was against the hierarchy. His entire mission was to expose the principalities and powers as weak and powerless. We give them their power. Their power is our power, which is the divine life within us all.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Jesus is just alright with me.

Good Post!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

good tune

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Indeed it is!

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I enjoyed reading your post. S&F

BUT........

I want to make clear that Jesus was murdered because of blasphemy. He spoke out against the religious rulers not the kings and queens. Remember when one of the Pharisee's tried to trick Jesus when he asked Christ:

Paying Taxes to Caesar:

Mark Chapter 12.....

…15. But Jesus saw through their hypocrisy and said, “Why are you testing Me? Bring Me a denarius to inspect.” 16. So they brought it, and He asked them, “Whose likeness is this?” And whose inscription? “Caesar’s,” they answered. 17. Then Jesus told them, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.” And they marveled at Him.…

After Jesus ascended to his father what was specifically told to his followers:

Obey Your Government Rulers

Romans Chapter 13

13 All of you must obey the government rulers. Everyone who rules was given the power to rule by God. And all those who rule now were given that power by God. 2 So anyone who is against the government is really against something God has commanded. Those who are against the government bring punishment on themselves. 3 People who do right don’t have to fear the rulers. But those who do wrong must fear them. Do you want to be free from fearing them? Then do only what is right, and they will praise you.

4 Rulers are God’s servants to help you. But if you do wrong, you have reason to be afraid. They have the power to punish, and they will use it. They are God’s servants to punish those who do wrong. 5 So you must obey the government, not just because you might be punished, but because you know it is the right thing to do.

6 And this is why you pay taxes too. Those rulers are working for God, and they give all their time to the work of ruling. 7 Give everyone what you owe them. If you owe them any kind of tax, then pay it. Show respect to those you should respect. And show honor to those you should honor.

You speak of slavery.... we still have that today don't we?

BUT back in the days of Christ and even earlier it was a crime to mistreat your slaves. If you murdered a slave you were also killed. If you had slaves you were required BY LAW to clothe and feed them, to put a roof over their heads, give them livestock for their families, etc.... JUST like today at your job.......slaving for your employer and your government.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Jesus taught that anybody could commune with God.
PTB in those times held that only religious leaders
could do this , and their kings were of divine order.
The sacrifice of a perfect individual served to remove those
ideas from the unwashed masses .

www.templeinstitute.org...

Jesus has promised His own revolution after His second coming
instituting a new form of government , of inspirational proportions.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

I agree with what you are saying, until I looked at the link, now I'm a bit confused. Why did you post that link? That is speaking of bringing back the temple sacrifices, and building a new stone temple. That is the exact opposite of what he was saying.

I'd go a step further than he was saying anyone could commune with God. He was saying that everyone is God (the expression of). Or that we are the living tabernacle of God. The breath of God lightens every man. We would not exist without the upholding power of his LOGOS.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

what was flipped around that he said? Everything in the gospels is exactly what you are proposing.

He said that he would tear down the temple and rebuild it. But he meant the living temple.

He said I and the Father are One. Oh and you all are one with me, which is one with the Father.

He said the kingdom (the actual word is reign) of heaven is inside.

He said the law? what law? "you have heard it said(in the law of moses/aka the divine monarchy) and eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, but I tell you love one another and do good to one another SO THAT YOU WILL BE LIKE YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN" this was a direct affront to the power of the hierarchy. By claiming that he was the only one to know the Father, and God did not say those things, he is nullifying their rule. He is proclaiming a very different High God. One who is love, only, all the time. Not destructive, retributive, jealous, petty, as MEN had proclaimed (your doctrines of men make the scriptures of no effect). He was saying I am God, God is me, we look and act the same. IF you have seen me you have seen the Father.

He was basically calling their God false. Or at least saying they had a false vision of who God is. An angry vengeful god that would damn you to hell. Come and destroy mankind (again). He was tearing down their vision of who the messiah was. They were waiting for their warrior king messiah (and still are, along with the supposed second coming in wrath of many christians). Thats why they killed him, he was claiming to be the one sent to them, but he was not coming to create a Jewish world empire, as they so very much hoped. He was coming to bring the new creation which is inside us all. It is not a new literal temple, and literal priesthood. It is that we each bear the image of God, and are his offspring. He came to set the captives free from their bondage to religion, and the false ideas that keep us bound in chains. Those false ideas include the entire structure of world empires. "The world" that he wants to keep us from is the mindset of the empire. The mindset of dominion of one man/people over another. At any level.

When he said render to Caesar, he was subverting the rule of Caesar by saying "no sorry you don't own everything, yes you have your money and power (taxation, subjugation) but you don't own my mind, my inner most being, which is heaven"

This very thought is the basis of all revolutionary thought. The powers that be cannot dictate my will, my thoughts, my loves. If we don't give them the power they have none.

His message throughout was entirely anti-hierarchical. Religious, Cultural, Political.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: zardust

Excellent posts.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

If you go back to the early american challenge to the idea of Divine Right of Kings was challenged from a religious direction

They didn't challenge it because their religion opposed monarchy, but because the monarchy opposed their particular religion.

It was the elightenment/scientific movement of the 1700's and 1800's that really gave rise to the idea of ending monarchy, not religion. Religion is usually a tool of the state, or vice versa. Our current American perception of religion and government being against each other is a modern idea.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: zardust

what was flipped around that he said? Everything in the gospels is exactly what you are proposing.

He said that he would tear down the temple and rebuild it. But he meant the living temple.

He said I and the Father are One. Oh and you all are one with me, which is one with the Father.

He said the kingdom (the actual word is reign) of heaven is inside.

He said the law? what law? "you have heard it said(in the law of moses/aka the divine monarchy) and eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, but I tell you love one another and do good to one another SO THAT YOU WILL BE LIKE YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN" this was a direct affront to the power of the hierarchy. By claiming that he was the only one to know the Father, and God did not say those things, he is nullifying their rule. He is proclaiming a very different High God. One who is love, only, all the time. Not destructive, retributive, jealous, petty, as MEN had proclaimed (your doctrines of men make the scriptures of no effect). He was saying I am God, God is me, we look and act the same. IF you have seen me you have seen the Father.

He was basically calling their God false. Or at least saying they had a false vision of who God is. An angry vengeful god that would damn you to hell. Come and destroy mankind (again). He was tearing down their vision of who the messiah was. They were waiting for their warrior king messiah (and still are, along with the supposed second coming in wrath of many christians). Thats why they killed him, he was claiming to be the one sent to them, but he was not coming to create a Jewish world empire, as they so very much hoped. He was coming to bring the new creation which is inside us all. It is not a new literal temple, and literal priesthood. It is that we each bear the image of God, and are his offspring. He came to set the captives free from their bondage to religion, and the false ideas that keep us bound in chains. Those false ideas include the entire structure of world empires. "The world" that he wants to keep us from is the mindset of the empire. The mindset of dominion of one man/people over another. At any level.

When he said render to Caesar, he was subverting the rule of Caesar by saying "no sorry you don't own everything, yes you have your money and power (taxation, subjugation) but you don't own my mind, my inner most being, which is heaven"

This very thought is the basis of all revolutionary thought. The powers that be cannot dictate my will, my thoughts, my loves. If we don't give them the power they have none.

His message throughout was entirely anti-hierarchical. Religious, Cultural, Political.

This may be the very best post I've ever read on any of the forums. Very good thank you. And I do agree with many of your observations.

I think this was flipped, "He was saying I am God, God is me, we look and act the same. IF you have seen me you have seen the Father. "

I don't think Jesus was teaching he was a superior son of God and that Jesus himself was to be worshiped. I don't think Jesus was teaching he was God or he was the Father. Or that Jesus was the only path to salvation. I think that is the King James version of the gospel trying to establish the divine right of the king. The idea of worshiping Christ as God was written so that the king would be worshiped as God. Christ is the king of kings. And if you worship the king you are worshiping Christ. I think the whole King James version of the Bible was written to get people to worship the King as equal to Jesus, and therefore, equal to God himself.

I think the idea of "worship me, worship me, worship me" was not part of teachings of Jesus. I think Jesus was teaching something very different that had nothing to do with worshiping Lords. Jesus was teaching a way for how people should be spiritually that would allow them to attain salvation. I think his teachings are probably lost at this point. But I do think you have captured some of the spirit of what he was teaching in your observations.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

If you go back to the early american challenge to the idea of Divine Right of Kings was challenged from a religious direction

They didn't challenge it because their religion opposed monarchy, but because the monarchy opposed their particular religion.

It was the elightenment/scientific movement of the 1700's and 1800's that really gave rise to the idea of ending monarchy, not religion. Religion is usually a tool of the state, or vice versa. Our current American perception of religion and government being against each other is a modern idea.

Not modern enough. There are too many people who unable to see any distinction between the two types of law.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matrixsurvivor
a reply to: zardust

Excellent posts.

I agree. Zardust did a good job.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Jesus most definitely was against the hierarchy. His entire mission was to expose the principalities and powers as weak and powerless. We give them their power. Their power is our power, which is the divine life within us all.

There was really no need to expose the Sadducee Herodian Roman puppet government, they were already despised by Jews like the Sicari and even the Pharisees who were actually seperatists, and not the villains of the story.

The villains are the Romans, and the Romans made Christianity a world power. Pilate allowed the Sadducee priesthood to persuade him.

His stated mission was to make available to all the Kingdom of God and teach people how to live on earth as it's done in heaven.

His teachings and the allegory of ressurection are what I feel is important. Being born again, given a fresh start and the blessings of the Holy Spirit at baptism, one is ''ressurrected" and all that is left is Ascension.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I have to say, the Romans principalities were not weak and powerless but strong and mighty.

They conquered most of the ancient world including Israel.

Then they forever changed their religion, taking their Holy Books, claiming the Messiah was God, and that instead of glorifying Israel he denounced them and the goyim were now the chosen ones of the Jewish God.

And they wiped out every competing version of Messianic Judaism or Christianity, claimed and hold on to the myth of apostolic succession.

No, the Romans were far from weak and powerless, but they were the enemy of most Jews, I think Jesus message was more like don't rock the boat because they are mighty.

The boat was rocked, and so was Judea until the Jews were evicted from Jerusalem. Jesus was killed. The Temple demolished.

He more warned about the power of the Caesars than anything.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Jesus was crucified because he was stirring up the locals when the Jewish leadership was trying to get along with the Romans.

Jesus thought he was a rightful heir to the Jewish throne, following the lineage of Solomon. With the help of his cousin Salome, he got his other cousin, John the Baptist, beheaded and took over his following (and cribbed a lot of his teachings). Then he settled into a pattern of using sorcery and necromancy to support his growing number of followers, which resulted in him raising Lazarus from the dead, which -- after the man had been dead for three days -- even his followers didn't think was a good idea. That brought him to the attention of the Jewish leadership.

The final straw was when Jesus chased the moneylenders out of Solomon's Temple (which Jesus considered his own, being the successor to Solomon and all).

What you basically had was a guy who may or may not have had a legitimate claim to the Jewish throne, and who was skilled in the same "dark arts" as King Solomon. And he failed. He got contaminated by the very demons he was using to do his "miracles," and it ended up costing him in the end. Then the Apostle Peter took the failure and turned it into a victory (sort of).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join