It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Enquirer Shielded Donald Trump From Playboy Model’s Affair Allegation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The company that owns the National Enquirer, a backer of Donald Trump, agreed to pay $150,000 to a former Playboy centerfold model for her story of an affair a decade ago with the Republican presidential nominee, but then didn’t publish it, according to documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal and people familiar with the matter.

The tabloid-newspaper publisher reached an agreement in early August with Karen McDougal, the 1998 Playmate of the Year. American Media Inc., which owns the Enquirer, hasn’t published anything about what she has told friends was a consensual romantic relationship she had with Mr. Trump in 2006. At the time, Mr. Trump was married to his current wife, Melania.

Quashing stories that way is known in the tabloid world as “catch and kill.”

[Edit for brevity. --DJW001]

Mr. Trump and American Media Chairman and Chief Executive Officer David J. Pecker are longtime friends. Since last year, the Enquirer has supported Mr. Trump’s presidential bid, endorsing him and publishing negative articles about some of his opponents.

In a written statement, Mr. Pecker said that it is no secret that he and Mr. Trump are friends and that he greatly admires him. However, he said, the Enquirer under his management “set the agenda” on Mr. Trump’s affair with Marla Maples when he was married to his first wife. “That in itself speaks volumes about our commitment to investigative reporting,” he said.

A contract reviewed by the Journal gave American Media exclusive rights to Ms. McDougal’s story forever, but didn’t obligate the company to publish it and allowed the company to transfer those rights. It barred her from telling her story elsewhere.

Lying media? [Emphasis mine. --DJW001]

Now we know why Trump holds the opinion of the media that he does. He manipulates it himself.
edit on 5-11-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The strawsssssss.... the strawsssss.....

let me be the first to say...

No one cares.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness

No one cares.

Except Melania and his children? Trump really could stand on a street corner and shoot people, and his supporters would say "who cares?"

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
lol, msnbc shields everything NEGATIVE ABOUT hILLARY FROM THE PUBLIC,,,this is peanuts compared

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Tabloid BS = murder in the street

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
One reason why they wouldn't post this story is because it was so much bullshhht they couldn't even pretend that it's even 1% truthful

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

If the National Enquirer payed $150,000 for the rights to the story. Can't the National Enquirer now sue these other news outlets for carrying this story? Seems strange

edit on 5-11-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Did he rape her?

If not, the score remains:

Bill Clinton [violent rapes] rapes : at least 3 probably more like 300

Bill Clinton workplace predation: incalculable but at least 1 girl a few years out of high school while he was president...

Bill Clinton flights on Lolita express: he and Dershowitz(Epsteins eventual attorney) flew more than 5 times on it to both the island and the high desert "ranch"

I could go on but u get the picture...

-Chris

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Isn't Chelsea like, Hubbles kid?

Doesn't Bill have a half black son?

Why no mention of that?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

The straws, the crying baby, the glass the stones, snivel snivel waaaah wahhhhhh waaah.Vote Trump Nov 8th and put these tools to bed(with no supper) the eloi children need our help

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The company that owns the National Enquirer, a backer of Donald Trump, agreed to pay $150,000 to a former Playboy centerfold model for her story of an affair a decade ago with the Republican presidential nominee, but then didn’t publish it, according to documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal and people familiar with the matter.

The tabloid-newspaper publisher reached an agreement in early August with Karen McDougal, the 1998 Playmate of the Year. American Media Inc., which owns the Enquirer, hasn’t published anything about what she has told friends was a consensual romantic relationship she had with Mr. Trump in 2006. At the time, Mr. Trump was married to his current wife, Melania.

Quashing stories that way is known in the tabloid world as “catch and kill.”

[Edit for brevity. --DJW001]

Mr. Trump and American Media Chairman and Chief Executive Officer David J. Pecker are longtime friends. Since last year, the Enquirer has supported Mr. Trump’s presidential bid, endorsing him and publishing negative articles about some of his opponents.

In a written statement, Mr. Pecker said that it is no secret that he and Mr. Trump are friends and that he greatly admires him. However, he said, the Enquirer under his management “set the agenda” on Mr. Trump’s affair with Marla Maples when he was married to his first wife. “That in itself speaks volumes about our commitment to investigative reporting,” he said.

A contract reviewed by the Journal gave American Media exclusive rights to Ms. McDougal’s story forever, but didn’t obligate the company to publish it and allowed the company to transfer those rights. It barred her from telling her story elsewhere.

Lying media? [Emphasis mine. --DJW001]

Now we know why Trump holds the opinion of the media that he does. He manipulates it himself.
Trump allegedly has an affair and Hillary sells State secrets to our enemies...Really...Get a life!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

I bet Melania does.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

The National Enquirer was started and is run by the State Department,I'm sure if they overlooked anything it was a gross error

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: beeeyotch

Really?
You sure you want to stick with that claim?
Don't be ridiculous. Wiki leaks published every day, emails from every corner . Sure they don't report anything negative about her.

Wake up. That's the lamest thing ever claimed here.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Ummm I don't think so. Talk about total bullshlt.

(post by Sillyolme removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Did he rape her?

If not, the score remains:

Bill Clinton [violent rapes] rapes : at least 3 probably more like 300

Bill Clinton workplace predation: incalculable but at least 1 girl a few years out of high school while he was president...

Bill Clinton flights on Lolita express: he and Dershowitz(Epsteins eventual attorney) flew more than 5 times on it to both the island and the high desert "ranch"

I could go on but u get the picture...

-Chris

Oh I think we got the picture. We got a picture that shows you'll put the blinders on for one side while not upholding the same standards for the another side. It's called a lack of moral compass.

Your guy Trump is on team Epstein, Trump has been accused and settled with numerous women on sex assault charges just like Clinton, Trump has cheated on his wife just like Clinton, and taken advantage of women just like Clinton. We get what you're about. Shielding your pervert Republican friends at cost of the respect the world tries to give you.

Or none of this crap is true...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Darkmadness

No one cares.

Except Melania and his children? Trump really could stand on a street corner and shoot people, and his supporters would say "who cares?"

Its true, and half the stuff Trump supporters post about Hilary come from sketchy sources, but they run with it to no end!! Its a fact!!!

Our nukes are on high alert, there is no way in hell I want Donald anywhere near those codes!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join