It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the Red Cross Check on Assange?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
So here is the form:

www.redcross.org...

Seems like his family or someone who cares about him could see if they would get involved. Probably a futile effort but you never know unless you try right?

I'm actually somewhat shocked no organization or anyone is able to update his status. Love or hate him it just seems criminal to me that something this basic can't be confirmed. Even US Iranian prisoners and terrorists at GITMO get more respect.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Julian Assange is in a place of safety , why would the Red Cross need to be involved ?
I'm sure his family are in contact with him as they know where he is , he is not technically a prisoner as he is in a place of refuge.

I am an Assange supporter.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He is a digital prisoner right now. Locked up digitally.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Usually , that site is reserved for service member's families that havent heard from them in a while. They will actually MAKE the soldier either write or call home. They do this via the commanding officer. I guess they could check on Assange via the embassy staff . though.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I just assumed there was an organization that performed a service similar to the Red Cross for those held in an embassy. It certainly is not the first time this has happened. Contacting the embassy is one thing but an independent organization that works to verify it.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Problem is he can leave when ever he wants. He just does not want to because he does not want to face questioning in Sweden for possible sexual misconduct/rape.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Why would the Red Cross want to get involved in a deeply political issue? Assange has access to good doctors, if not via his own arrangements then via the Ecuadoreans. Assange is not a prisoner. Assange is wanted in Sweden for questioning about some serious sex crimes.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Assange is wanted in Sweden for questioning about some serious sex crimes.

Assange is wanted for questioning in Sweden about allegations of sex crimes , the alleged sex crimes are not serious but technical revolving around the use (or not) of a condom.

edit on 5-11-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
I just assumed there was an organization that performed a service similar to the Red Cross for those held in an embassy. It certainly is not the first time this has happened. Contacting the embassy is one thing but an independent organization that works to verify it.

He's less a political prisoner than someone seeking asylum in the embassy. As far as I know, he has access to everything the embassy staff has access to. This means he can order Nando's or have 5 star food delivered. He's got full internet etc.

He'd be in trouble if he had a health scare that required hospital staff and equipment. He'd be on the first flight back to Sweden in no time.

Lots of details in here.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
... the alleged sex crimes are not serious but technical revolving around the use (or not) of a condom.

With the greatest respect Swedish law is Swedish law.

Besides, I take issue with people diminishing the the impact and seriousness of any unwanted sex act made on women by men. You may think it is OK, but the two women did not. He's wanted for questioning over rape, sexual coercion and sexual molestation. You may think this is trivial, but the women involved and the Swedish judiciary would disagree with you.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Besides, I take issue with people diminishing the the impact and seriousness of any unwanted sex act made on women by men. You may think it is OK, but the two women did not.

I refer you to the link posted by Kandinsky.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Its well estalbsihed that he has consensual sex with both women at different times. One of them stated soon afterwards that he definitely did not assault them and they only went to the police station because they did not know where else to go to make an enquiry about some issue related to the sex but which had nothing to do with the issue of consent.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No the red cross doesn't care about whether criminals outside the country are alive or not.
Much like the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

And physically. He's not going anywhere.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Right because this situation is just Sooooooo common there should be an advocacy group.

Get a grip.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I guess f it's ok for a nominee it's going to be ok across the board.

Be afraid ladies.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

They prob. have...and they are not legally bound to say anything if he doesnt want them to. Someone...even family prob. knows for sure, but the general public wouldnt HAVE to be told.

Maybe they were told NOT to?

top topics

join