It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Ready to Hit Back If Russia Tries to Hack Election

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Thoren

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

I think the hidden gov will attack the electrical grid in america. Its a false flag, watch come election day the electrical grid go down. It will be blamed on russia and a war will start remember an act of cyber terrorism is considered to be an act of war. With the internet down they will say hitlery won the election based off electoral college votes and the popular vote wont be taken into account.

question does anyone know the places they started fixing the electrical grid in case of a massive solar flare it was talked about recently. I bet its for their info-structure to remain up while everyone elses is down.

Wow....you have no idea just how much I'm hoping you're far off base with that one. That would be catastrophic. Sincerely, that simply cannot happen.

Actually it can and cyber warfare is a big thing. Think reactor sites going offline and using back up generators to cool cores if electrical grid goes out so do streetlights and gaspumps. Fires unattented to no phone no news no running water in your house i would advise everyone to stock up on food and water if it happens and maybe invest in a geiger counter while your at it just in case.obviously i would say keep a gun with plenty of ammo to protect your self.

Dude...you're thinking the same thing I am. I just saw your post from earlier, and while I hope that's not what's happening, I'm worried about it.

They've been blocking off entire streets here, right in the middle of rush hour, throwing down road flares and have cops guarding while they are doing something to the power lines. They've been doing this for the past few weeks, but they've got workers out there at night now, too. They're saying it's to update the hardware on the lines...at least that's what they've told the business owners. Having the police out there is very strange too...that is not a common practice in this city.

I've never seen nor heard of cops guarding line workers while they work. Sounds fishy.

I've never seen it either, and our whole neighborhood is talking about it...it's definitely not normal at all. Neither is the night work...they only do that if there's an outage at night. It's also not our local power company trucks, either. The trucks are white and unmarked, and the uniforms are gray with no patches or anything. We have been told by the apartment complex that they are contractors.

Just as a point of interest, in NJ and NY (my part of the world here) the Cops are actually required to be on-site for any road repairs, line maintenance, etc....for various reasons, but mostly for insurance purposes.

It was like that when I lived in VA, too. But here, the only time the police are there is if it's on the highways, and even then it's the state police, not our city guys. And they don't close off the highway to do it either, just where they're working. I don't know...it's very odd, and then seeing this whole cyber threat thing just makes it even stranger.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

a reply to: tigertatzen

Can you get a look at the plates on those contractor trucks? Might be worth jotting it down and seeing what you can find later.

It should be pretty easy to find out who and where they are registered to.

I can certainly try!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

If you're not comfortable with it though that's ok, don't risk getting in any trouble with those police.
edit on 4-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

I dunno about that. Last I checked, motor vehicle records are pretty well guarded...not just anyone off the street can run tags without some connections and even then, the connection is putting their job in jeopardy in a lot of cases.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I think the hidden gov will attack the electrical grid in america. Its a false flag, watch come election day the electrical grid go down. It will be blamed on russia and a war will start remember an act of cyber terrorism is considered to be an act of war. With the internet down they will say hitlery won the election based off electoral college votes and the popular vote wont be taken into account.

question does anyone know the places they started fixing the electrical grid in case of a massive solar flare it was talked about recently. I bet its for their info-structure to remain up while everyone elses is down.

Wow....you have no idea just how much I'm hoping you're far off base with that one. That would be catastrophic. Sincerely, that simply cannot happen.

Actually it can and cyber warfare is a big thing. Think reactor sites going offline and using back up generators to cool cores if electrical grid goes out so do streetlights and gaspumps. Fires unattented to no phone no news no running water in your house i would advise everyone to stock up on food and water if it happens and maybe invest in a geiger counter while your at it just in case.obviously i would say keep a gun with plenty of ammo to protect your self.

Dude...you're thinking the same thing I am. I just saw your post from earlier, and while I hope that's not what's happening, I'm worried about it.

They've been blocking off entire streets here, right in the middle of rush hour, throwing down road flares and have cops guarding while they are doing something to the power lines. They've been doing this for the past few weeks, but they've got workers out there at night now, too. They're saying it's to update the hardware on the lines...at least that's what they've told the business owners. Having the police out there is very strange too...that is not a common practice in this city.

I've never seen nor heard of cops guarding line workers while they work. Sounds fishy.

I've never seen it either, and our whole neighborhood is talking about it...it's definitely not normal at all. Neither is the night work...they only do that if there's an outage at night. It's also not our local power company trucks, either. The trucks are white and unmarked, and the uniforms are gray with no patches or anything. We have been told by the apartment complex that they are contractors.

Just as a point of interest, in NJ and NY (my part of the world here) the Cops are actually required to be on-site for any road repairs, line maintenance, etc....for various reasons, but mostly for insurance purposes.

It was like that when I lived in VA, too. But here, the only time the police are there is if it's on the highways, and even then it's the state police, not our city guys. And they don't close off the highway to do it either, just where they're working. I don't know...it's very odd, and then seeing this whole cyber threat thing just makes it even stranger.

I will admit it's strange, especially if it not a part of the usual routine. I'm more curious to find out what the "upgrades" are for than who is performing them though.
edit on 4-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Don't panic. Not yet anyway. I'm not worried about (seriously) a war coming to fruition, I'm more worried about the implications of further deteriorating ties with Russia. You might ask why that is? Well if it were ONLY Russia I would almost ignore it completely.

But (and yes there had to be a but), We've got Iraq, we've got Syria, We've got Russia indelibly etched into Syria's infrastructure and Government, and we've got a razor thin UK who is battling with their own issues of (no I don't mean the Muslamic Ray Gun) but close, the BRexit referendum which if things go south real fast in the UK, could spell a lot of trouble economically here at home on top of all the aforementioned issues. Having Russia as a staunch ally during this time would definitely be advisable over the alternative to be honest.

I won't panic, but I will definitely be watching more closely. The power grid going down would be catastrophic, and that scares me, but I think they'd have to hack the state of Texas separately because I think we have our own grid. I'm not 100% on that...I'd have to look it up, but I think we do.

I've been trying to figure out why on earth any part of our government would want to start something with Russia for the very reasons you just stated. It would seem like that would be the very last country we'd want to alienate. Yet there's an obvious effort to blame them for everything lately...I know, because: Hillary. But starting a war just to get her in office? To what purpose?? There's got to be more to it than that. I've never paid attention to politics, never voted...now I wish I knew more about it so I could possibly figure out wtf is actually going on here.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I am probably out of my depth here with all you superior military minded folks who have already given your opinion ,to even reply to this post...but I think the simplest answer is right there in front of us all in the op's article posted

" but they do anticipate so-called cyber mischief, including the possible release of fake documents and the proliferation of bogus social media accounts designed to spread misinformation."

Think back real hard on all the rumors of whats suppose to be going on behind the scenes and likely playing out tonight.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I will admit it's strange, especially if it not a part of the usual routine. I'm more curious to find out what the "upgrades" are for than who is performing them though.

I'd like to know that myself. A few months ago, those same people suddenly showed up at a friend's apartment complex at seven in the morning and completely closed off the parking lot...which only has one entrance...and started digging up the concrete with a jackhammer.

The management doesn't get in until 9am, and when they showed up, they were unable to get in their own property gate. These people had been tearing up the parking lot by that time for two hours. Well, the manager approached them and demanded to know what they were doing, and they told her they were contracted to "replace outdated components on the lines". She called the utility company and they told her that it was out of their hands. She left her number for a supervisor to call her back, but they never did and basically she just gave up, but the whole thing was so strange.

Now those same people are showing up all over the place. And the explanation they give to people is the same. They're really rude about it, too, according to everyone I've spoken to about it. It's just really odd...so many odd things happening lately.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

here you go, look at the poles and see if you see any new boxes.

Law enforcement officials refuse to identify who installed 'mystery' cameras on utility poles throughout St. Lawrence County

and then came the explanation, i'm not sold on it.
'Mystery' cameras along North Country highways part of Border Task Force initiative to catch smugglers, aliens

here is the thread the links come from, not much to it though.
Law enforcement officials refuse to identify who installed 'mystery' cameras on utility poles thro

i've also read somewhere that there have been cable crews doing the same. but when i search here or the web i can't find one sources to back that up. funny thing when i do a web search on google or bing, i get mostly diy hits on running cable and wires in your home. no matter how i word it.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Don't panic. Not yet anyway. I'm not worried about (seriously) a war coming to fruition, I'm more worried about the implications of further deteriorating ties with Russia. You might ask why that is? Well if it were ONLY Russia I would almost ignore it completely.

But (and yes there had to be a but), We've got Iraq, we've got Syria, We've got Russia indelibly etched into Syria's infrastructure and Government, and we've got a razor thin UK who is battling with their own issues of (no I don't mean the Muslamic Ray Gun) but close, the BRexit referendum which if things go south real fast in the UK, could spell a lot of trouble economically here at home on top of all the aforementioned issues. Having Russia as a staunch ally during this time would definitely be advisable over the alternative to be honest.

I won't panic, but I will definitely be watching more closely. The power grid going down would be catastrophic, and that scares me, but I think they'd have to hack the state of Texas separately because I think we have our own grid. I'm not 100% on that...I'd have to look it up, but I think we do.

I've been trying to figure out why on earth any part of our government would want to start something with Russia for the very reasons you just stated. It would seem like that would be the very last country we'd want to alienate. Yet there's an obvious effort to blame them for everything lately...I know, because: Hillary. But starting a war just to get her in office? To what purpose?? There's got to be more to it than that. I've never paid attention to politics, never voted...now I wish I knew more about it so I could possibly figure out wtf is actually going on here.

Well, 2 things. You're right about Texas. Texas is the only state in the nation that supplies its own grid by way of ERCOT.

Secondly, and let's theorycraft here a bit, let's SAY that the no-fly zone in Syria is REAL REAL important to the Democratic party. Let's further assume that winning a freedom fighter war (after having spent so much in illicit funding towards the rebels) therefore is paramount to save face with the Democrats...that's a pretty persuasive case alone in wanting to maintain the status quo as one can assume a lot of the backdoor dealings that secured the funds for those freedom fighters may actually slip through into the press with Donnies big mouth. This is just one scenario that MAY or MAY NOT be true, however the stretch to see it isn't too far-fetched. Especially when they know Russia would never go to war over something they probably laugh about.
edit on 4-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Sorry trip post
edit on 5-11-2016 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I will admit it's strange, especially if it not a part of the usual routine. I'm more curious to find out what the "upgrades" are for than who is performing them

Double post
edit on 5-11-2016 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

link   

The only way to protect from a solor flare is a faraday cage to protect vital stuff maybe a casing over the electrical lines new transformers ect however if they did that it wouldn't protect agaisnt cyber attack. What you would be looking for is them making new elertical paths to bypass the existing ones while leaving the old ones up. My guess is they would run it under ground to avoid a possible break in the line. Easy way to do this would be to tap into an existing line so you have the ability to shift the power to a new line.They would most likely be a new analog line which cant be hacked aka old tech.

link   

originally posted by: SaloonSal
I am probably out of my depth here with all you superior military minded folks who have already given your opinion ,to even reply to this post...but I think the simplest answer is right there in front of us all in the op's article posted

" but they do anticipate so-called cyber mischief, including the possible release of fake documents and the proliferation of bogus social media accounts designed to spread misinformation."

Think back real hard on all the rumors of whats suppose to be going on behind the scenes and likely playing out tonight.

For those of us who aren't military minded, can you be a little less cryptic? Are you suggesting they're looking for a way to say any future "leaks" of information are bogus, having thrown that disclaimer out there, or am I off base?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaloonSal

Nope you're not out of your depth at all. And yes you're right to a degree, but the wording is far more dark (on the threats to Russia) than one warranted by mere mischief, you know what I mean?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

The only way to protect from a solor flare is a faraday cage to protect vital stuff maybe a casing over the electrical lines new transformers ect however if they did that it wouldn't protect agaisnt cyber attack. What you would be looking for is them making new elertical paths to bypass the existing ones while leaving the old ones up. My guess is they would run it under ground to avoid a possible break in the line. Easy way to do this would be to tap into an existing line so you have the ability to shift the power to a new line.They would most likely be a new analog line which cant be hacked aka old tech.

Ok, well they're opening up the ground and doing stuff in there, while the existing power lines are actually above ground, which is precisely what has all of us wondering what the hell they're doing out there. In fact, that's the reason I even started paying attention to them in the first place, because why are they digging up the pavement when the lines aren't under there in the first place?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
another story about dhs funded surveillance this one in seattle, three years ago.
You Are a Rogue Device

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I'd like to know that myself. A few months ago, those same people suddenly showed up at a friend's apartment complex at seven in the morning and completely closed off the parking lot...which only has one entrance...and started digging up the concrete with a jackhammer.

The management doesn't get in until 9am, and when they showed up, they were unable to get in their own property gate. These people had been tearing up the parking lot by that time for two hours. Well, the manager approached them and demanded to know what they were doing, and they told her they were contracted to "replace outdated components on the lines". She called the utility company and they told her that it was out of their hands. She left her number for a supervisor to call her back, but they never did and basically she just gave up, but the whole thing was so strange.

Now those same people are showing up all over the place. And the explanation they give to people is the same. They're really rude about it, too, according to everyone I've spoken to about it. It's just really odd...so many odd things happening lately.

There are multiple things that strike me odd about that.

For one, with only one entranceway to the parking lot, it's technically restricting the safe flow of traffic...one would think there some code violation there that the PD and FD might jump all over.

As far as "replace outdated components on the lines", I cant even process what that means....I can process faulty components on the lines but outdated components? I feel pretty safe in suggesting that the means by which cable junctioning is attained hasn't changed much over the last 100 years and likely wont for some time to come, so I find it hard to believe they're outdated.

As far as the rude behavior, it may be foreign to you, but let me tell ya, being a native New Jersey'ian, people from this area tend to EXPECT rude, and a lot of them get testy when someone is too nice, so I'm sure a bit of a paradigm shift from what you'd be used to....which is my long-winded way of saying, I simply cant talk intelligently about it lol

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
another story about dhs funded surveillance this one in seattle, three years ago.
You Are a Rogue Device

I'm gonna take a stab and say "facial recognition"

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

no, tracking and mapping of cell phones.

edit on 5-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join