It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans End Doctor's Life-Saving Research:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
In what ought to be a thread in the medical or science forum unfortunately have to be in a political forum because anti-science politicians with their bull&@t insist on taking us back to the dark ages.

How House Republicans Derailed A Scientist
Whose Research Could Save Lives

Gu, who was awarded a prestigious Howard Hughes Medical Research Fellowship when he was 25, says his ultimate goal is to transplant healthy fetal organs in utero to babies with fatal congenital diseases, so they can survive to adulthood with fully functioning hearts and kidneys. He also hopes to grow human organs in animals that biomedical researchers could then use to develop cures for heart disease, the leading cause of death in the world, and end-stage renal failure, the No. 1 reason patients are on transplant waiting lists. “I want to someday end the organ donor shortage,” he said. But Gu’s research hit a snag in April of this year when two armed United States marshals banged on the door of his studio apartment. It was 10 a.m, and Gu had been sleeping off an all-night trauma surgery shift at Vanderbilt hospital. He had no idea why the police would be at his house and he was afraid to let the marshals in. “I know my rights,” Gu told the marshals. “I’m not going to open the door unless you have a warrant.” “We don’t need a warrant,” one of the men replied. “This is a congressional subpoena.” The subpoena had come from the House of Representatives’ Select Investigative Panel On Infants’ Lives, led by Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.). Gu’s start-up research company, Ganogen, is one of more than 30 organizations being investigated by House Republicans over the use of fetal tissue from abortion clinics.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Pls klik the link for more if you hate TYT editorial, even so there is way more info in the link than I am allowed to post, if America is not so great as some politicians maintained, it is this kind of sht that is making much of the up and coming superpowers bypassing us, for all we are great at right now is the arms industry, we hate investing in infrastructure,we do fkall about the battling climate change , we would rather fk with native American water supplies by forcing them to accept oil pip line under their water supply, as if those things don't rupture, because alternate sources of energy is not to their liking.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Another glorified headline brought to you by the Rothschild's Arianna Huffington. Of course , no where in the article does it state any such about Republicans nor terminating the research. A Congressional subpoena is just that . They probably want more information on the Dr's research to make sure it is on the up and up.

Click bait title , and you fell for it (face first in a pile of poo)

edit on 11/4/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
While the Democrats objected to the very creation of the panel—all but two voted against it.

broadly.vice.com...#

Democrats supported it as well.

If it were me I would change the title and add Democrats.
edit on 4-11-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Your link gave me a 404..

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It's against the law to purchase baby body parts. This law was implemented so abortion clinics would not become parts factories that harvested baby parts for medical purposes and turn a profit. Abortion clinics (Planned Parenthood in particular) were accused of selling baby body parts for profit, and the good doctor was allegedly on the receiving end of that transaction. If the doctor knew the source of the baby body parts that he was using for medical research and money was at any point exchanged, it's a violation of FEDERAL LAW.

Donate baby body parts for research is not a crime, but if money exchanges hands at any point it's a felony, and he would lose his medical license and face jail time. Problem is Planned Parenthood was selling them for money to research companies, and that is a crime for both the group selling and the group buying.

While he may be doing ground breaking/life saving research. Buying baby organs is considered organ trafficking and will get you serious, serious, jail time.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Another glorified headline brought to you by the Rothschild's Arianna Huffington. Of course , no where in the article does it state any such about Republicans nor terminating the research. A Congressional subpoena is just that . They probably want more information on the Dr's research to make sure it is on the up and up.

Click bait title , and you fell for it (face first in a pile of poo)

They are doing a replay of that bull#$t discredited fetal selling thing of a year and plus ago.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBRiddle
It's against the law to purchase baby body parts. This law was implemented so abortion clinics would not become parts factories that harvested baby parts for medical purposes and turn a profit. Abortion clinics (Planned Parenthood in particular) were accused of selling baby body parts for profit, and the good doctor was allegedly on the receiving end of that transaction. If the doctor knew the source of the baby body parts that he was using for medical research and money was at any point exchanged, it's a violation of FEDERAL LAW.

Donate baby body parts for research is not a crime, but if money exchanges hands at any point it's a felony, and he would lose his medical license and face jail time. Problem is Planned Parenthood was selling them for money to research companies, and that is a crime for both the group selling and the group buying.

While he may be doing ground breaking/life saving research. Buying baby organs is considered organ trafficking and will get you serious, serious, jail time.

No they were not! it was Bull#@T and discredited , but they still hang on to it like a pit bull to a bone.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Article by Gabby Bess in Broadly (whatever that is)

The 'House Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives'—A Steaming Pile of #?
Gabby Bess
by Gabby Bess
May 31 2016 9:10 PM

While the Democrats objected to the very creation of the panel—all but two voted against it—Schakowsky says it was important for the party to be involved. "We made a decision that we needed to participate in order to protect women's lives and protect scientific research. It was better to be in the room than not be in the room, because [the Republicans] were going to go through with this anyway," she says.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

Gabby Bess
by Gabby Bess

While the Democrats objected to the very creation of the panel—all but two voted against it—Schakowsky says it was important for the party to be involved. "We made a decision that we needed to participate in order to protect women's lives and protect scientific research. It was better to be in the room than not be in the room, because [the Republicans] were going to go through with this anyway," she says.

Thanks, Dems are such weak asses at times, I want to puke , hopefully we can get some third party with energy like the Greens in position.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Thanks, Dems are such weak asses at times, I want to puke , hopefully we can get some third party with energy like the Greens in position.

Good luck with that....

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Good luck with that....

Won't happen this election cycle it will take time to build, but it will never happen if no one laid the ground work so yes we will do with more than luck.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Just some run of the mill human organ traffickers.

Nothing to see here.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Good luck with that....

Won't happen this election cycle it will take time to build, but it will never happen if no one laid the ground work so yes we will do with more than luck.

Well leftists own the media, education and the white house...you are on your way to total domination.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Just some run of the mill human organ traffickers.

Nothing to see here.

No they are not trafficking in organs stop it, donated fetal tissues is not for pay ,but the blatant lies must continue regardless.
And the left owns the media?? coulda fooled me, they gave Da Donald sooo much love until lately even camping out to an empty podium.
edit on 4-11-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Gabby Bess
by Gabby Bess

I don't know...I'm not pro life but the late term abortions are disturbing if it's a healthy baby which I am sure a lot of these are. I would be fine without that kind of research.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Gabby Bess
by Gabby Bess

I don't know...I'm not pro life but the late term abortions are disturbing if it's a healthy baby which I am sure a lot of these are. I would be fine without that kind of research.

The above is not about harvesting babies for their organs these are tissues bound for the fire if nothing else.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
How is it "life saving" if someone has to die first?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
How is it "life saving" if someone has to die first?

Because they are not killing to make it so.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

On one hand, surely I can see the usefulness here. Similar to organ donations upon the deceased, taking an aborted fetus' tissue to be used for good.

On the other, where there is profit to be made, there will be people there and ready to exploit it. Human organ trafficking and robbery are very real things that exist.

Could you imagine women being impregnated only to be harvested for a fetus' organs? It's not pleasant to think about nor talk about so I applaud you for that. However, surely you can see the very slippery slope here.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Have a little faith.

A little goes a long way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join