It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait...what? I thought Baghdadi was about to be caught?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Now is he there or not? He is stating to wreak havoc and expects to win....

Have there been any updates on this from anywhere lately? Is this happening like what Trump said was going to happen? We announce we are going in a month ahead of time and the leaders slip away....again.

This is getting ridiculous really.

The head of the Islamic State released a message encouraging forces in the fight for Mosul, which they are defending against Iraqi forces, according to a U.S. organization that monitors militant activity online said Thursday.

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi spoke in a more than half an hour long audio recording released on Wednesday. According to Reuters, the recording showed his confidence in a victory.

The city of more than one million people and surrounding territory fell to ISIS fighters during a surprise attack in June 2014. Al-Baghdadi visited the city after the takeover, and from inside Mosul, declared an Islamic caliphate that at one point covered nearly a third of Iraq and Syria.

So he apparently just stopped by for a nice visit and stroll through town....guess he just walked right in and walked right out.

Source
edit on 11/3/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I was taken aback as well when I saw the news that he's calling for more attacks. I specifically remember the news announcing that he was assassinated 2 weeks ago. This isn't some sore of Mandela Effect bs and I am certain that he was pronounced dead as he has such an unusual name.

This must be a case of mistaken ID when they thought he was terminated

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
I was taken aback as well when I saw the news that he's calling for more attacks. I specifically remember the news announcing that he was assassinated 2 weeks ago. This isn't some sore of Mandela Effect bs and I am certain that he was pronounced dead as he has such an unusual name.

This must be a case of mistaken ID when they thought he was terminated

His cousin and a top adviser were killed, but I don't remember reports of him being killed. Just that he was holed up in Mosul and they were closing in. Funny that he has the ability to film a 30 minute speech and release it to the world.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well, seems as if all the military intelligence we have heard, stating that he is either dead or close to being captured, is about as oxymoronic as the phrase "military intelligence" itself.

Honestly, are we really surprised though?

Given that Mosul is in a theater in which the Russians (the only force which have proven actually effective against IS in any significant regard, or with any rigor at all) have no active role at the moment, it should be no wonder that the arch bastard Baghdadi remains at large.

It serves no purpose for the owners of IS, for him to be taken out of service just at this point. Besides, the CIA hate paying death benefits.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I did a quick news search:

Islamic State Leader Al Bagdadhi DEAD 1 week after US airstrike

ISIS Leader Dead? Al Bagdadhi sick after being poisoned

Seems like he's been mispronounced dead several times. Dammit why won't he die??

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

We announce we are going in a month ahead of time and the leaders slip away....again.

Their Muslim brother at work......
Need I say more ?
"Nuff Said"

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I haven't translated it, but apparently it urges his men to launch attacks in Saudi and Turkey.

Which stood out to me because those are the 2 exact countries the most involved in arming and transporting ISIS.

Seems to me, there's going to be big attacks inside these 2 countries.... Turkey and Saudi attack Iraq, Kurdistan and Syria in response

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

He may have actually died or run away a long time ago. But as long as his "presence" is needed to justify something, they'll continue to parade tapes or clips of him. The same thing happened with Bin Laden, the Taliban's leader Mullah Omar, and several others.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Seeing as it's just an audio recording that was released, it could be anyone on that tape. Audio editing has come a long way.

In other words, I think those 2 countries were mentioned specifically so their corrupt powerbrokers can point out that they're actually opponents of ISIS, too (now). And going along w/what you said, it can then be used as an excuse to officially invade the areas that their "rebels/mercenaries" failed to take.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Given that Mosul is in a theater in which the Russians (the only force which have proven actually effective against IS in any significant regard, or with any rigor at all) have no active role at the moment, it should be no wonder that the arch bastard Baghdadi remains at large.

Go Russia.. The Kurdish have the better record against Daesh. Your Russians have the best record against Assad opposition Civilians in Syria but they don't matter do they.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Baghdadi is probably a CIA agent, so yeah, we gotta make sure our boy doesn't become collateral damage.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
if your waiting for the West
(USA & coalition) to do a bin Laden to the Caliph al Baghdadi... think again... the evil Deep-State-Leaders of the USA are on the side of the Jihadists...
if Baghdadi gets ousted, it will only be because Erdogan himself declares that IS & ISIS are now His Caliphate Army

if you listen and interpret the USA leadership statements carefully... they will not eradicate the Jihadist Army, but there might be a few units that get bombed---but that's for show and possibly the shadow-government 'spanking' the Jihadists who don't follow directions to the letter.

you will notice that the public leadership always says 'ISIL' and 'we' will attack 'Daesh'... that's because those two are Not the Jihad Army... but are instead components of the Caliphate, Daesh has the propaganda & recruitment arm

and ISIL is some ethereal entity that Barry has created as the boogy-man/straw-man to waste our resources attacking
i.e.: sand-ghosts living on vacant sand dunes in the desert, not the mercenary army in Mosul or Alleppo who get to retire in the EU or the USA as their retirement reward for doing the Deep-State biddings for the USA command.

Oh, you all thought that the flood of 'Syrian-Refugees' was a humanitarian effort by kind hearted Democrat President Obama ?
He might think so... but the open immigration... is leaving a vacuum of IS fighters in the M.E.... Put 2 + 2 together,....
the Jihad Army of Sunni Jihadists might very well need to either ship in African Muslims or East Asia Muslims into the Syria fray to maintain a fighting force that will attract counter attacks by Russia/Syria/Iran & Iraq Shia fighters along with Hezbollah men

when the EMP goes off in the EU & N America.... the 'refugees' will get arms from the Mosques & become an insurgency in both NA & EU

sleep well my friend
edit on rd30147818111703512016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on rd30147818151203582016 by St Udio because: blah-blah

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

i saw on a news report that they have tunnels dug everywhere. it's possible that he went out one.
or maybe he took off when the civilians that could flee did.

it's hard to say. one thing is for sure so long as they still have Raqqa, Syria isis well still be a threat to the world.
and if iraq hasn't gotten any better as a fighting force and all other countries that have troops there start their pull out it may happen again.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Oh, and I suppose that differs extensively from the record of western forces, including IS, against civilian populations?

Given that both "sides" in the War on Terror, have been western controlled, be they the military of western nations or the unofficial assets of those nations, like AQ, Al Nusra, IS and others, I fail to see how you can ignore the FACT that western interference in the region since the beginning of the War on Terror has been FAR more costly to civilian life than Russia has any hope of being in the near future.

new topics

top topics

join