It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phillip's Milk of Magnesia Chewable Off the Shelves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
My bottle of chewable milk of magnesia ran out. It's a stimulant free chewable laxative.

It appears to be gone from store shelves, and not available for ordering online unless I want to pay $88 to some third party Amazon seller.

I saw in a comment on Amazon someone who said Bayer stopped distribution of these back in March.

Googling this issue brings up nothing related to distribution being stopped. I went through pages of results. I also got no results on Duck Duck Go.

Does anyone know why this was pulled? It's been around for decades, lots of people rely on this.
edit on 11/2/16 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
And I thought I had troubles...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

if true, maybe they quit making it so they could make more money off the new one they will be coming out with shortly.
just like Mylan did with epipens, raised the price sky high and then started selling their own generic brand at a cheaper price.

edit on 2-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The EU pulled it because it had too much sulphate, like 3 years ago.

Maybe we are slow to adjust here?

edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

if true, they quit making it so they could make more money off the new one they will be coming out with shortly.
just like Mylan did with epipens, raised the price sky high and then started selling their own generic brand at a cheaper price.

That's what I'm worried about. I can spend about $10 a month on this and not have migraine headaches. If I have migraines, the drugs I require to treat them cost $200+/month. That's quite a big difference.

What I need has to be milk of magnesia which is magnesium. I can't just go grab some other laxative. The other laxatives are stimulant (ie make you go) and that doesn't serve my purpose which is chewable magnesium.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Here's a contact page.
Bayer

Hope that helps
Good luck!

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What you're looking for that's in milk of magnesia is magnesium hydroxide. Extra strength rolaids have it and several other antacids. I had no idea magnesium helped migraines.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia
My bottle of chewable milk of magnesia ran out. It's a stimulant free chewable laxative.

It appears to be gone from store shelves, and not available for ordering online unless I want to pay $88 to some third party Amazon seller.

Walmarts Canada seems to have it online for $7.18
www.walmart.ca...

Oh, they do not ship to USA, so unless you find someone in Canada...

edit on 3-11-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
What you're looking for that's in milk of magnesia is magnesium hydroxide. Extra strength rolaids have it and several other antacids. I had no idea magnesium helped migraines.

Thank you I will look into that right away. I had no idea it was also in Rolaids.

If you or someone around you has migraines, please research or have them research magnesium and migraines. With daily magnesium I reduced migraines from 100+/year to around 20/year. I spent thousands on testing and medications before discovering the magnesium connection.

A person who wants to supplement magnesium to reduce migraines does not have to choose Phillip's milk of magnesia chewables. Other magnesium supplementation can work as well, this is just the way I personally got the most success, with the chewable product. I also take whole food multivitamins because you have to have some other vitamins in you to get the magnesium to absorb.

Edit: @hellobruce Walmart Canada will not ship to my US address.

edit on 11/3/16 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Why do you need chewable magnesium?

I take magnesium daily to relax nerves/muscles from exercise and they're very cheap, easy to take and available at any health store.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There are many brands of OTC chewable magnesium out there. Just Google chewable magnesium.

i found at least five alternatives on the first page of hits.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaHere
There are many brands of OTC chewable magnesium out there. Just Google chewable magnesium.

i found at least five alternatives on the first page of hits.

Lots of those have other stuff in them. Like Rolaids, I just checked, is full of calcium. Most chewables seem to be CalMag and I'd like just the magnesium. I appears there is a children's chewable Pedialax (watermelon flavor ugh) with just the magnesium at a higher amount. It has taken me about 3 hours to discover a single chewable magnesium product with just magnesium.

Hopefully this thread will become Googleable for others searching for alternatives.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I just looked up the Pedialax watermelon flavor and the inactive ingredients have crap like red#40, aluminum lake and "flavor" which can be just about anything(trivia, did you know natural strawberry flavoring many times is taken from beaver anus? True!).

Something like Nature's Life magnesium has less crap in it and stuff like red#40 is pure toxicity which is banned in numerous countries.

edit on 3-11-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

I just looked up the Pedialax watermelon flavor and the inactive ingredients have crap like red#40, aluminum lake and "flavor" which can be just about anything(trivia, did you know natural strawberry flavoring many times is taken from beaver anus? True!).

Something like Nature's Life magnesium has less crap in it and stuff like red#40 is pure toxicity which is banned in numerous countries.

Is Red40 really that bad?

The Nature's Life chewable has Zinc (a plus for me) but again, 1000mg (an entire GRAM) of calcium. Ugh.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
And I thought I had troubles...

Well between baseball and laxatives, there is a fine line I guess..

lol

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

A person who wants to supplement magnesium to reduce migraines does not have to choose Phillip's milk of magnesia chewables. Other magnesium supplementation can work as well, this is just the way I personally got the most success, with the chewable product.

Did you ever try ZMA or magnesium orotate? They're cheap and absorb well without giving you the green apple quickstep.

Also looks like plenty of generic MOM liquid everywhere.

eta: it also looks like there are still supplies available on Amazon, I'm sure they'll reissue the thing eventually, in the meantime stock up!

edit on 3-11-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Why does it have to be chewables?
And why take something that may have other ingredients?

I used to take a magnesium supplement...well, let's jsut say you get what you pay for....and I got migraines ....took me awhile to figure it out.....and I was having leg cramps as well as migraines.

Starting taking this
Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium Dietary Supplement, 200 mg per 2 tablets
I take two-three a day.

I also use this every day....about 8-9 pumps a day...and it lasted about 10 months....about 100 mg of magnesium.
An cient Minerals
I rub it into my legs and arms.....and do not rinse it off.

No more migraines....no more leg cramps.
Also, the older we get, the more likely we need magnesium supplements.
Most foods come from soils that are mineral deficient.

I also take this most evening......in a small glass of water....this form of magnesium needs care.....too much causes stomach distress.....it's the citrate binder.
NOW magnesium powder
edit on Thu Nov 3 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

My God man. I ate this stuff. 2 of them. Now there is a horrible rash on my forearms like I've never seen before! This is not a joke!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

have you tried throwing a handful of epsom salts in your tub epsom salts is magnesium sulfate and your body will absorb it while you are soaking

sounds like you had an allergic reaction to something in the new watermelon flavored chewable you just tried...try an antihisimine

new topics

top topics

join