It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice world with insane 20,000-year orbit discovered in solar system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

An icy planet with a staggering 20,000-year orbit has been discovered passing through our solar system, leading to the re-emergence of theories touting the existence of the fabled and mystical Planet 9.

So exciting!! Unfortunately they can't determine the size of the object at this time but believe that it is being influenced by Neptune. However, others believe that it could be influenced by the hypothetical Planet 9.

L91 is believed to have been born with a far less exotic orbit, but current knowledge of Neptune’s trajectory, when taken together with L91’s, shows the orbit might have evolved over time to pass through the Oort cloud, then change again from interacting with something in our galaxy at large. This over time nudged L91 into its current orbit, the Neptune theory goes. Other scientists from places as prestigious as Caltech still insist on a more mysterious explanation, but one they maintain is no less plausible than Neptune. Konstantin Batygin believes the Neptune analogy “is not needed,” and points to the arcane Planet 9 – a supposed ice giant with an orbit far more distant than Neptune’s.

More and more of these are out there, just lurking and waiting to be discovered. Most of you know of Planet X, aka Nibiru, and while I do believe in Nibiru, I do not believe in the orbital path of such and that it will bring destruction to Earth. I think it will be found one day!

www.rt.com...
edit on 2-11-2016 by HawkeyeNation because: added link

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thank you for a non political post! Cool find!

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

OMG!! I used to come on here several times day and then in the last month it's been once a day, if that. Check out the latest/newest threads and see all political. Then swiftly get angry and leave lol.
edit on 2-11-2016 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Not to disappoint you, this ice planet must be as cold as Hillary's heart.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

lol, the BERN!!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

lol, the BERN!!!!!

To be fair, his joke TRUMPed yours.

I would not be at all shocked to find there were hundreds of planets out there [nearby] that we just don't have the capability of detecting definitively right now.

-Alee

edit on 11/2/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/2/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

I think the simplest explanation that no one wants to look at but is secretly known, is a dark star. Likely with planets. Sister to our sun.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
In before Nibiru and Planet X posts.

It's pretty amazing how we are still in the process of discovering things in our own cosmic hood.
edit on 2-11-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

top topics

join