It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEVER-EVER Talk To The Police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

High lighted is "If you are talking to the police, other than saying a passing hi, there is a (no) reason." Basically what you said.

I Grew up in a home where my dad was a police officer 17 years detective 10, and his dad was a police officer for 31 years. I (and my sisters and brother) have first hand experience with the interrogation skills that can be employed to find out who scratched the car. If you are talking to the police, other than saying a passing hi, there is a reason.
Remember the police do this for a living, they aren't your friend, they aren't nervous, they aren't late for work, they aren't worried about the police deciding their guilt or innocence. The best thing to do is ask if you are free to leave and then DO IT.

Live to fight another day, be a short but respectful and say NOTHING, get an attorney if it is serious. The police have great power, and skill. But they don't have the power to make you talk.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

So, if you don't mind me asking, and i don't blame you if you do, what is it you hold a record for? Am i wrong to assume you think it unjust?

I must be in the silent minority who have only had good experiences with police. Well, the odd traffic violation that annoyed me, but blame no one but myself for.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

My dad was a police office, I lifted weights in the basement of the police dept with a group of different police officers during high school.
No record. I just have a healthy respect for law and order, and also have a healthy internal push to question everything and that included authority.
I don't like the amount of power police have, but I understand it. There are laws, and they are there to keep the peace.

I don't dislike police officers and I would imagine there are the normal 3-6% rotten apples that spoil the bunch. But the police aren't car sales men, they have a bad day and people get hurt and got to prison.

The short of it is I would like to avoid the drama by keeping any interaction respectful and brief.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
As a rule I have two things I say when dealing with officers: Nothing and I don't know. This is of course dependent upon the nature of the conversation taking place. In some cases it is best to just tell them what they want to hear.

You must have a lot of dealings with police if you've made rules for yourself!

Seems odd so many here have put this much thought into it. How many of you are questioned by cops on a regular basis?

Try living outdoors...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
But if I am being pulled over for a tail light, I am not going to act like an ass over it.

Please do, and remember to video tape it and post it to youtube for everyone to laugh at it!

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

when I was arrested years ago the judge didn't even care the cop forgot to tell me my rights.

Isn't that sweet that your civil rights were violated by a police officer, and the judge just let it go.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

As a rule I have two things I say when dealing with officers: Nothing and I don't know. This is of course dependent upon the nature of the conversation taking place. In some cases it is best to just tell them what they want to hear.

Seems odd so many here have put this much thought into it. How many of you are questioned by cops on a regular basis?

Try living outdoors...

Why would i love outdoors when i can live in my house?
edit on 2-11-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Here is my advice as a former cop.

1) IF you have not committed any crime at all, then feel free to answer the questions to the best of your ability. I actually recommend this because it will get them 'out of your hair' that much faster as well as keep them from having to hang around the area asking questions to everyone else.

2) If you are guilty of something unrelated, then I also recommend cooperating. But, and this is a big but, be as short and concise as possible. Again it will get the cops away from snooping about around you much quicker.

3) If they seem like they are just fishing, then be polite and ask if you are free to go AND GO. This does not really work if you are aggressive, politeness goes a looong way. . . cops tend to be paranoid these days.

4) If you are guilty of said crime, or others, or may potentially be in the future, then ask if you are free to go and go if allowed, ask for attorney if not. This would be the case if either they have evidence on you or if they feel you are obstructing the investigation (which is typically what some cops [I have dealt with some idiots like this personally] use to detain you when you are aggressive).

5) NEVER volunteer information that is not asked for unless you want them to have the information. It can all be used in court against you unless you sign official documentation signed off by either a judge or the DA etc.. saying that it will not be used. The only time a cop is required to read you your rights is when they BOTH are detaining you AND questioning you. If they are just asking questions, they don't read Miranda. Same goes if they detain you and don't ask you anything (other than personal identification questions, which dependent upon the state you may or may not have to answer).

That being said . . . - typically if you did nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear (especially with a good lawyer). - At any point in which you are detained, ask for a lawyer. - Especially if you live in a small town or an area where you deal with specific cops on a regular basis, always ask for a lawyer. That way they will get used to that being your typical response and not automatically associate guilt with it.

So be polite and respectful, and remember that you do not have to tell them anything.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Try living outdoors...

You asked , snark...

How many of you are questioned by cops on a regular basis?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Try living outdoors...

You asked , snark...

How many of you are questioned by cops on a regular basis?

Well, if i was living on the streets, i would most likely have mental issues making it much more likely for me to commit crimes, intentional or not.
edit on 2-11-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

1) IF you have not committed any crime at all, then feel free to answer the questions to the best of your ability. I actually recommend this because it will get them 'out of your hair' that much faster as well as keep them from having to hang around the area asking questions to everyone else.

No if you have committed no crime ask if you can leave and LEAVE . If they won't let you, you are screwed, lawyer time. No Talking.

Nothing good can come out of talking to the police, you don't know what they are looking for or for who. That who may look alot like you.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

"NEVER-EVER Talk To The Police"

Should be instilled into every child at an early age.

Short of murder or sexual assault there really is no need to talk to these fools who have there own agenda at play and generally don't even fully understand the laws they are supposedly trying to uphold.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Found it...if you haven't seen it watch it from the horse's mouth...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wow, how misguided. This is a big reason there is still so much gang-related violence. People won't give information to the police.

If you are guilty, ask for an attorney to be present. If you are a witness, or if you are innocent, do your civic duty and talk to them. Anything else is just absurd.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Wow, how misguided. This is a big reason there is still so much gang-related violence. People won't give information to the police.

Oh I am a big reason there is so much gang violence. Wow the work week, family and side business I run. Not logical. And the reason people don't "snitch" on the gangs is because of an ineffective police dept.

Spoken like someone who has never been stomped by a gang.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Did you watch the video I linked...if not take the 45min and educate yourself

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Did you watch the video I linked...if not take the 45min and educate yourself

Agreed, watch the video, you don't know what you don't know.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

This is pathetic ... sorry for the one line response but this is just stupid

Is it pathetic because you don't agree, or is it pathetic because it is wrong?
edit on 2-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
This is pathetic ... sorry for the one line response but this is just stupid

Well something here is definitely pathetic and stupid - no doubt.

I wonder what it is?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

No if you have committed no crime ask if you can leave and LEAVE . If they won't let you, you are screwed, lawyer time. No Talking. Nothing good can come out of talking to the police, you don't know what they are looking for or for who. That who may look alot like you.

Spoken like someone whom has done something for which he or she is afraid to busted for. As stated before; if you committed no crime, feel free to talk. The cops are more than likely there to help you, are are you one of them people who instill in everyone who will listen that a world without laws is a better one? A one where the strongest person rules by force. A one where you must fear for your wife, sister, daughter, and mother to be raped because you were not stronger than the other guy. You know an Anarchist world. Because without someone doing the thankless job of enforcing the laws that are on the books, your life truly begins to suck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join