It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn’s North Pole Just Changed Color And Nobody Knows Why

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Based on images beamed back from Cassini, the hexagonal pole was blue back in 2012; since then it’s progressed into bright gold. Based on the images, which were released by the Cassini Imaging Team last week, scientists theorize that accumulating haze particles could be sparking this startling change. While it may seem bizarre for a vast swath of a planet to change colors so rapidly, there was a time between 1995 and 2009 when Saturn’s north pole grew increasingly dark. This, scientists deduced, was a result of diminishing photochemical reactions (i.e., less sunlight reached the planet to react with the atmosphere’s molecular components).

As if the hexagonal storm (technically a six-sided jet stream) circling Saturn's North Pole wasn't fascinating enough it goes and changed colour on us. First discovered in 1988 by NASA scientists analyzing data from Voyager's 1980 & '81 flybys. In November 2012 the gas giant's North Pole was blue/black in colour but since then it started changind tone until it was Gold in Spetember of this year. It is thought that this is a photochemical reaction linked to the planet's seasons but the jury is still out on the exact cause.

I've always found things like this fascinating, i was 11 or 12 when we first saw Saturn's Hexagon, by that time I already had a healthy interest in all things space, this really egged that on.

Here's the link for the article I discovered.
edit on 1/11/16 by djz3ro because: because i forgot pics and links...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Pic? Link?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant
Space.com

Here it is , Well It's strange indeed . I don't dare to spell it but could it be that beeeep caused this?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: In4ormant
Space.com

Here it is , Well It's strange indeed . I don't dare to spell it but could it be that beeeep caused this?

Thanks.

Why is space so cloudy? I wish NASA could afford some hi-res cameras. Sigh

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
LINK

You're welcome.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The Reptilians are Terra-forming it as a base for their pending invasion!

Seriously though, that's pretty cool. Space is awesome and we don't even have to look past our own solar system.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
did anyone say aliens yet?

because aliens.

might have to do with the baffling ring anomalies in 2014

lringu

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Pic? Link?

Doh! I can't believe i forgot to include them...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
The Reptilians are Terra-forming it as a base for their pending invasion!

Seriously though, that's pretty cool. Space is awesome and we don't even have to look past our own solar system.

Thanks for sharing

Agreed, it would be amazing to be alive in a time where we can traverse the cosmos

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

No claims to truth or accuracy, but here it goes: the world known as Agartha or Asgard is located where Saturn is but is out of phase from our universe by virtue of technology to mask its presence. At the moment the hidden world is moving closer to revealing itself within the bounds of our universe. This is part of the End of Days or the Consummation of the Age. It is a good thing for some, but for most it is a very bad thing.

Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I remember something I read awhile ago. The Bermuda Triangle and many disappearing vehicles could be something have to do with strong hexagonal streams and clouds with windspeed way above two hundred miles or so trapping or destroying everything in its path.

Now what's the correlation between the Bermuda and Saturn beats me, but if the story about a crystal pyramid in the center of the Bermuda one day fits this story than it would make my theory, like just a theory that it also might be possible on Saturn ..

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

And then the thirteen judges will look into the world and see who is worthy?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
did anyone say aliens yet?

because aliens.

No, but someone said 'beeep'

Op, S&F. Beautiful and mysterious.
edit on 1-11-2016 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

And then the thirteen judges will look into the world and see who is worthy?

Something along those lines indeed.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The blue colour of Saturn's hexagon comes from the scattering of sunlight in Saturn's atmosphere of hydrogen (similar to our blue atmosphere of nitrogen and oxygen), whereas the yellowish colouration over the rest of Saturn comes from complex chemicals like hydrocarbons and ammonia, formed under the effect of solar radiation.

As this NASA article from 2005 explained,

Saturn's northern hemisphere is presently relatively cloud-free, and rays of sunlight take a long path through the atmosphere. This results in sunlight being scattered at shorter (bluer) wavelengths, thus giving the northernmost latitudes their bluish appearance at visible wavelengths.

www.nasa.gov...

I guess that since 2005 there was a more active formation of those yellow clouds, and thus even the hexagon got affected.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It must be...

Anthropogenic Galactic Warming!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
dam anthrapods

a reply to: Deny Arrogance

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
The blue colour of Saturn's hexagon comes from the scattering of sunlight in Saturn's atmosphere of hydrogen (similar to our blue atmosphere of nitrogen and oxygen), whereas the yellowish colouration over the rest of Saturn comes from complex chemicals like hydrocarbons and ammonia, formed under the effect of solar radiation.

Thank you, I published this thread last night when I waa tired, my intention was to get up this morning and look onto this to try and find the why of it all.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
Well, the colour change is still remarkable, but at least folk know now what gave the hexagon its blue colour in the first place.

Jupiter's poles are also blue, for the same reason:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I thought Agartha was a hidden place in the Himalayas?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join