It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If an Astronaut Dies, What Happens? Seed of Life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

President Nixon initiated the proposal that once Neil armstrong and other fellow Apollo 11 astronauts travelled to the moon, what would happen if they sadly died in the process?

Nixon stated that;

Fate has ordained that the men who went to the moon to explore in peace will stay on the moon to rest in peace.
link

Thankfully they did not need to ponder this argument in regards to this mission. Funny enough the UN agreement states this.

It turns out that one of the weird international rules that govern the cosmos prohibits this. A UN agreement says you can't litter in space, and that includes dumping bodies.
link

Although this maybe true, this does not stop some interesting ideas sparking interest. Which brings me to the following.

The overall point of this post is to bring about the idea of panspermia and ideas that have been put in place by NASA and other organisations. The initial idea is to allow an astronaut/body to float through space, to then collide with another planet (permitting the suit protected the body before impact, buring up and so forth) and effectively colonising the plant with the remains and thus bacteria and other alien organisms that may already be present on an alien planet.

Panspermia may not be a new idea, granted. However the talks about using Astronauts as seed is beginning to take effect.

Could an astronaut’s corpse bring new life to another world?

Another point to take note would be, would the microbes within the body survive the trip. Seemingly so, due to the following quote.

“We've pulled microbes out of permafrost, and there we're talking about organisms surviving around one million years in suspended animation. Especially if the trip is somewhere close, like to Mars, bacterial spores in the human body will survive for sure,” says Gary King, a microbial biologist at Louisiana State University who studies microbes that survive in extreme environments.
link

I wonder what others thought of this idea, would you deem it ethical? a good idea? plausible?

To add to this post, the following clip from the film Prometheus which many of you may have already seen would be worth the watch again in regards to this topic.

Skip to 44 seconds in.

Maybe we already did seed this planet in our past from another planet?

Maybe we are a product of other achieved life elsewhere that we colonised?

Maybe a being already sacrificed itself on our planet in our past to bring us to our current state? (hence the biblical texts mentioning about sacrifice.)

edit on 1-11-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject A UN agreement that you can't litter in space? I nearly fell of my chair through laughing. Just what about all the MILLIONS of pieces of"litter" that floating about in space now. All the bits that have fallen off satellites, the tools that the ISS have dropped.etc.
It is well known all these pieces of "litter" are very dangerous to future spaceflight and the authorities do not know what to do about them.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Pretty sure they mean "purposely."

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: BlackProject A UN agreement that you can't litter in space? I nearly fell of my chair through laughing. Just what about all the MILLIONS of pieces of"litter" that floating about in space now. All the bits that have fallen off satellites, the tools that the ISS have dropped.etc.
It is well known all these pieces of "litter" are very dangerous to future spaceflight and the authorities do not know what to do about them.

Well I agree hence reason I said 'Funny enough' as it is funny. What are they talking about.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
...there are no astronauts in the first place
all lies... common sense needed x

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

luckily for modern science and against all odds and dangers in outer space, not a single fatality. in fact more astronauts die on the way to space here on earth, than in the vacuum and radiation filled, and meteorites, particles whizzing by at incredible speed. we managed to send men to the moon willy nilly in the 70s without a hitch, what so ever. we even took a few cars up there with no issues or explosions, or leaks, or severe malfunctions which we couldnt miraculously remedy in outer space.

so we don have to worry about astronaut dying in space in 2016 and beyond. because cell phones didnt exist when we were going up there , and now i can start my car via bluetooth or wifi, so im sure our space tech has grown exponentially as well. so radiation shouldnt be an issue or whizzing by particles.

new topics

top topics

join