It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google has power to control elections, can shift millions of votes to Clinton - RT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
" People trust the “unbiased” internet search giant Google so much it can actually influence up to 10 million undecided voters to choose Hillary Clinton for president, prominent US psychologist and author Robert Epstein told RT following years of research.

Despite being a supporter of the Democratic presidential nominee, Dr. Epstein believes Google’s unchecked algorithm of placing one candidate over the other in search results constitutes a “threat to democracy.”

RT:Robert, how did you find that out Google is probably in cahoots with the Clinton campaign?

RE: Well I didn’t find out that they were necessarily supporting Hillary Clinton, that’s not what I found at first. First through several years of research, I found that they had the power to control elections, the power to shift the votes. So, that was more than four years of experimental research with more than 10,000 people in 39 countries.

So, we established through some very careful experiments that by favoring one candidate in search rankings Google can shift a lot of votes. More than 20 percent of undecided voters overall, and in some demographic groups up to 80 percent of undecided voters. People trust search rankings so much that if one candidate is favored in search rankings that shifts peoples’ votes. "
source

Not something people are really thinking about - considering we have a biased MSM, globalists and corporations pouring money into campaigns, and electronic voting machines this is just what we need - another threat to democracy.
edit on 1-11-2016 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Amagnon

And the sheeple will continue to graze.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Biggest Trolls ever the Russians I can just see all of them giggling like schoolchildren.
Have to say though never met a Russian I didn't get on with.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

So, we established through some very careful experiments that by favoring one candidate in search rankings Google can shift a lot of votes. More than 20 percent of undecided voters overall, and in some demographic groups up to 80 percent of undecided voters. People trust search rankings so much that if one candidate is favored in search rankings that shifts peoples’ votes. " source

but... hey it's the russian's it's always the russian's

Serious Google HAS to make it's page ranking algorithm open source in order to save democracy... that HAS to be a law or else well... eventually Google,FB and friends will control the people....

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Biggest Trolls ever the Russian

and so we continue... how to control the people give the people an a enemy... sheeple.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Didn't call them the enemy and I don't see them as mine...
Every news media corp has an agenda RS are attempting to sway towards Trump which is their countries view the best choice for Russia....I agree with them.
I don't blame them for that the BBC does the same.
To call people sheeple isn't on really.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Biggest Trolls ever the Russians I can just see all of them giggling like schoolchildren.
Have to say though never met a Russian I didn't get on with.

are you calling all russians trolls?

the guy did research in numerous countries over four years and he supports Clinton, so how should his research not be at least somewhat credible, especially after what we learned about how FB was rigging their trending news. These media giants absolutely do pick sides and its pretty obvious which one.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Yes and I hear and see the jerks on CNN,trying to make Trump out as some traitor because he wants to make sure no cheating was done,I would expect the same,nothing unusual

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Every news broadcaster trolls to suit their agenda.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

The video says even if Clinton loses she will win due to fraud and fractional vote counting.... Pretty damn sick if true..
youtu.be...

youtu.be...

There may be a case for getting her (HRC) into office so she can be impeached and her vice presidential choice becomes president.. He is just like her as far as status quo and NWO kinda guy. If that scenario goes down, you gotta wonder how the citizens will feel after their new president pardons the biggest political crook in most people's life time ? Also if he becomes the next president there will be many other crooks sleep a whole lot better with one of their own in office.

If Trump wins I hope he burns the ship they rode in on and sends the whole lot to rot in a real prison. I have had to many friends who over the years worked around the Clinton's to ever think anything good about their vile existence.

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Didn't call them the enemy and I don't see them as mine...

sorry
... wasn't clear didn't mean you ... but the media.

Didn't call them the enemy and I don't see them as mine... Every news media corp has an agenda RS are attempting to sway towards Trump which is their countries view the best choice for Russia....I

well we all are humans , enemies are made by the media... Indeed RS is swaying towards Trump because Hillary is very bad news for the Russians. I can't blame them they're on her hitlist like everyone else. I hope that trump becomes POTUS because the alternative might lead to a world war within weeks... I don't like that guy either.

To call people sheeple isn't on really.

Well that's my opinion I know that that isn't nice but it's like it is.. by now the peeple should know that Hillary is bad news and they're manipulated by all the media... but most of them still don't.

edit on 1112016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

edit on 1112016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

RT is a hoax site now. Even more-so as evidenced by the title of this thread. Why anyone still uses them as a "credible" source is beyond me. The sooner they go out of business, the sooner people will stop using them as a source.

Although Google does have the power to influence search rankings, they wouldn't as the fallout from getting caught would be disastrous. A junk article from a junk news organization.

edit on 1-11-2016 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Make sense wasn't Google one of the biggest donors to the Clinton Campaign?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Two points..

1. RT is a Russian state-controlled propaganda site. Everything and anything they say is has to be treated with a pinch of salt. It is a bit rich for such a well known propaganda site to be whining on about "influencing outcomes"!

2. Google's power on search results is a real worry. Google is driven by commercial exploitation of their search results and rankings, so if there is a conspiracy then it's down to this. I am not sure what Google would gain by political interference as that would be disastrous if it was uncovered.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

LOL RT! Not only is it ironic because of the Trump/Russian connections but RT is frowned upon by ATS staff.

Don't use RT as your source in the future.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It is a lot worse than that! Google is totally against freedom of speech and anything that they disagree WITH. Google wants to create a algo that can detect facts and demote the site if it agrees or disagrees with them.. some googlers wrote a massive paper about it somewhere.

Googlers actually patrol the internet getting rid of sites from google that they dont like. I once actually created a mini website with an article all about internet censorship including googles monopoly and destroying small buisnesses and google poofed it by deindexing it because it was "pure spam" apprently... and that was just a small blog!

Also check out how many all of the times that googlers have had meetings at the whitehouse and also the amount of government officials that have went on to get jobs at google and all the googlers have gone on to get jobs in the pentagon... its ALOT!

edit on 1-11-2016 by thejames because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2016 by thejames because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Black pigeon speaks has done a few good videos on this topic.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Yes, it is a threat to "democracy" or the processes thereof.

My guess however is that there's little to nothing that can be done about it. Regardless of the threat, the truth is that all will eventually become one with the Borg, the Borg in this case being the Globalist elites. They know whats best for the world (in their minds) and the result of the increasingly "Globalized" education systems is that it prepares young minds for intense and lifelong indoctrination rather than for independent thought. There's probably no going back at this point.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

1st. You dont decide what sources people can or will use.
'
2nd. What Russian ties ?

Here one from your own safe sources:

New York Times

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Oh I'm no deciding for you, just giving out some good advice. I think it was SO who wrote a thread about the awfulness RT is and I dunno know why ATS still allows it to be posted. So, I'm just educating you.

You aren't familiar with the Trump/Russian ties? Whether true or not it's made big news everywhere, even here.
edit on 1-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join