It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast: Isn't it obvious?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Assuming that religious texts speak of spiritual things, is it not perhaps plausible - if you're spiritually inclined - to see the mark of the beast as a spiritual mark - a mark on your consciousness, on your feeling relations, on your beliefs, on your views, on whom you trust and what you believe to be the case in any specific issue? When you think like this, then quite clearly, this is the mark of the beast:

Now, the above is assuming a 'gematria' format similar to Hebrew. But also in simple counting, F = 6, 0 = 15, X = 24. F = 6, O = 1 + 5 = 6, X = 2 + 4 = 6.

Yes, fox, not just fox news - but Fox. Think The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show - all played a part in pushing the human mind further and further into what we may call our contemporary, cynical, sensuous-seeking self.

Of all the T.V networks, has Fox not been at the forefront in creating a lowbrow, nihilistic culture? The above T.V shows - particularly the Seth Mcfarlene ones - have pushed our humor, albeit, it was started by The Simpsons, no? I remember an episode of the Simpsons (difficult to locate) where Lisa says something to the effect of "isn't it strange that Fox - the network - is so liberal, and Fox, the news channel, is so conservative"? Yes - there exists an obscene contradiction in Fox programming - as if deliberately designed to "act upon us" and place its 'mark'.

Now, I must admit to being a fan of Mcfarlenes T.V shows - I like the potty humor, I admit. Weirdness and randomness; that's typically funny to us. But my indulgence is subject to my adult capacity to contextualize what I see and control my behavior in other contexts.

That said, Fox News takes things to an extreme, and so the 666 quality of Fox - named after a wily and sneaky creature - is most obviously exhibited by its news dimension - and not so much its comedy sitcoms (which is to say, are not real, and not taken to be real) but a real life political news channel, one that has pushed the asinine views of anti-climate change and anti-social-support and generally speak to their audiences in an interrogative way - a way known to induce subtle feelings of intimidation in Humans, but to which Humans adapt by taking an obsequious relationship - and so coming to take on - the mark of the Beast.

You could consider this thread an addendum to my last thread Are we Finally here: Is 2020 the end?, in which I argue Donald Trump to be the quintessential depiction of the "antichrist" - literally, the opposite of the relational characteristics that describe Jesus in the Bible. If we simply take the term literally, Trump is an antichrist. However, as the THE antichrist, you'd expect that to be reserved for a public figurehead i.e. senor Trump.

Thus, the mark of the beast - or the condition that precedes the antichrist - seems to have been already fulfilled - under the noses of millions: look where Trump is today. How could he have gotten this far, to have done what for many seems unbelievable, if not through the "mark of the beast" i.e. the mark of the influence of Fox news, and more generally, Fox, in imprinting upon Human minds the ways of being which make Trump - and what Trump will do - an expressed reality.

Of course, as I say in my last thread, this may not be as it seems. Perhaps our world will relax? And maybe the election will go smoothly; Clinton (wins) and Trump concedes. But this, of course, does not seem probable in light of Trumps continuously inflammatory hate-mongering.

I guess, as they say, the future is not for us to see.

Yet the signs are many - almost too many.

edit on 31-10-2016 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte
When you think like this, then quite clearly, this is the mark of the beast:

No, that's quite clearly a bunch of numbers arbitrarily assigned to letters, ie. meaningless.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Even if that's the case, FOX = 666, if you like number games, and want to conceal your agenda in the 'inner meaning' (i.e. gematria) of your name.

The numbers may have no intrisnic relationship other than suggesting an opposite agenda - which - if you simply listen to FOX news anchors, is totally plausible.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Family guy is bad? I dunno about that tbh. Ive had a lot of laughs from it and im not exactly an evil self serving individual.
edit on 31-10-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

"K" should be 11, not 20. There is no apparent reason to skip numbers except to make things more likely to add up to 666. Is there any other reason?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: fractal5

"K" should be 11, not 20. There is no apparent reason to skip numbers except to make things more likely to add up to 666. Is there any other reason?

but then your numbers are 6,15,24.

15-6 = 9 24-15 = 9

9+9 = 18

18 is 3*6.

And everyone knows that three sixes are represented by 666.

Lol

P

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Wow, what a pile of poo.

Arbitrary numerical arrangement with a side of foolishness.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I personally don't think when the bible was written they were thinking of FOX news being around..... Therefore I always thought the mark was more of an actual mark or something more vane for appearance ....like Botox ......after all, vanity is a sin !?!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Fox News and fox tv programming are two different things apparently... their tv shows are liberal leaning at best.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
So in terms of Revelation 13:16, no one can buy or sell if they do not have either a hologram screen of FOX news projecting lies from their right hand or a augmented reality of FOX headlines beamed to their inner 3rd eye, 24/7.

Who would willingly live to have total #e rammed down their throat 24/7, or Pokemon Go demons jumping out of FOX shop brands saying 'pick me, eat me, let me feed your soul, muhahahahahaha?'

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Nope. Exactly as AdmireTheDistance said - you're looking for a supernatural explanation within a completely arbitrary system of values designed by humans. And you won't find it.

Now, if you were to throw a stone into a pool of water and every time you did, the face of the devil appeared - then I think you got something.

But this whole, finding supernatural clues or meanings in numbers or human systems is totally ridiculous. But then, so is astrology (shrug).

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Um, your table is inaccurate, S comes after R and before T, ...

Sorry, nothing else to add, i do not believe in a Mark of the Beast.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

But if he had them then he couldn't find what he wanted to see.

You're not helping, scubagravy!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Quit trying to tell ancient man what he meant.

He tries to tell you what he meant, not ask you. Which means he knew it. And you dont. Quit working backwards.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

OP. I suggest you read what the mark is. Its VISIBLE to ALL and normal humans cannot SEE YOUR SOUL. Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Except that you left out that one important detail about the "mark", saying that you cannot buy or sell anything without it.

Which brings me to the next error in your "calculation".... It has to be a visible mark, that can be checked to make sure that person is allowed to buy or sell.

I'm not religious, but my granddad was a reverend, so I've had my fair share of biblical reading.

You are way off on this one.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is hilarious. Thanks for posting.

The original text describing the Number of the Beast is nearly 2000 years old. English wasn't developed for another 400 years, so definitely, we should link up the numbers from the bible with a language that wasn't even around.

I love satire.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte

Yes, fox, not just fox news - but Fox. Think The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show - all played a part in pushing the human mind further and further into what we may call our contemporary, cynical, sensuous-seeking self.

Just look at Jimmy Johnson's hair. He's obviously hiding horns under there.
And don't get me started on Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long.

FOX's sister company -- The movie studio 20th Century Fox -- has given us the Omen movies (which included a child with the Number of the Beast), and they also gave us films such as Home Alone and Home Alone II, which idle our brains enough for demonic McCauley Caukin to seep in.

Demon spawn, I tell you.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
In Revelation, "the beast" is someone insisting that people should worship himself instead of the Biblical God, and his mark identifies those willing to do this.
Is there any sign that Fox are challenging the Biblical God and insisting that people should worship Fox instead?
Is there any sign that people are expected to take some identification mark from Fox, the alternative being imprisonment and execution?

If you want to identify "the Beast", it isn't enough to find a "666" somewhere. Enthusiasts can find "666" in about a million and a half places. You have to be able to match the essential characteristics as well.

edit on 1-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Ah...So behavior doesn't give away unconscious + reflexive interpretative mechanisms? Maybe it is "naked" in the same sense that self-aware people "see the soul" - whereas people who aren't self-aware, don't see it? Perhaps this is a brain-issue of the type "what fires together, wires together" i.e. if you do something over and over again, you become loyal to that which enlivens you.

I suppose the subtly of the issue - the simplicity of FOX and its number-word-games, and even more-so, what a "mark" really means when made by a spiritual-text: if people do not understand the level of reality 'above' the one we live, it can be hard to the plausible - integrative-meaning - effect of Fox's clever perversion of the minds of Humans.

While I do get that this thread is speculative, in light of Trump, and in light of the sheer non-sense of FOX news, it seems plausible that FOX deliberately does this, quite possibly because its owners, investors and management are of the "left hand path" occult-variety - ala, some of the crazed nonsense you can find right here on this website.

My more general point is: a mark is literally an effect. People take things too literally - because they do not get how the ancients (particularly, the mystic-philosopher-priests) conceived of words and things: they were 'energies' of dynamic patterns.

So fox news patterns you, doesn't it? Except what it patterns is your neurological wiring: how your 'feelings' i.e. subcortical processes, interact with world (or mental) object - the cortical mantle of your brain. Is 666 not able to be read into FOX, simply by taking the 3 letters and simply "reducing" them to a common element i.e. 6? And is FOX not getting into you in a way deeper than anyone here is apparently able to recognize? lol

Now, to address another issue raised by someone else: why would the bible be referring to Fox news? Well when you write predictions in a book, and people know of those predictions, it's really easy to think that Human appropriation of the prediction is arbitrary and without a basis - and that is truly sound thinking.

However, doesn't the universe take into account Human behavior? Are we not creatures "bound within the swirl" of organized matter? Ah. And here information helps: if you don't understand what is happening on planet Earth, and what Human beings appear to be living within (A very non-arbitrary existence), it becomes sensible thinking to see FOX news as 'encoding' their essence - their deliberative interest to confuse and undermine rational thought - in the numerology of its name.

Now, if numerology seems stupid to you - and thats the issue - that's understandable as well. Numerology can be regarded as an ancient practice, but one which doesn't make much sense. Hebrew gematria - or the numerical value of Hebrew words - is belived to be expressive of the mathematical nature of the expressed phenomenon. For instance, 666 comes from the Hebrew Bible, from the book of Kings in particular:

1 Kings 10:14: The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents,

Now two words in Hebrew have this gematria, tassur - תסור and סתור. Same letters, just re-arranged. The first word means "to depart", while the second one means "to keep secret". If you reflect on what these concepts mean, its easy to see how they connect: isn't lying, either to self or other, at the root of all evil? And, when a person lies, do they not keep their knowledge "hidden like a secret" inside them?

I believe myself to be a rational person, and with occams razor (which I take to be a legitimate heuristic for thinking) I don't think I'm making too many implausible assumptions. These are the assumptions:

-Do we live in a world of integrative meaning? I think we do. If we do, you have to conceptualize processes and interactions as entailing EVERYTHING - Humans, non-humans and non-living matter: were all "one".

-Satanists exist in this world? I think bohemian grove, corporatist evil(Citizens united) and Fox News gives that away. Trumps campaign has gotten me "more conspiratorial", however, no sane person could disagree with the claim that Fox news has "led the way" to the ascendance of Donald Trump. It could not have happened without his influence.

Whether or not numbers/words have any intrinsic mathematical relationship is besides the point. It could be non-sense, or it could be real. My sense is, Fox news "brainwashes people". 666 is actually and very visibly a reducible product of the 3 letters of its name. Ergo, Foxnews has essentially "made itself" into the mark of the beast.

Of course, and judging from the bad response this thread has gotten, I may be wrong. Lets hope Donald isn't the source of a future world catastrophe that resolves itself in the ways that the Bible predicted to happen i.e. the "end of the world" - which, of course, may ultimately be transformation of consciousness out of the condition we have been living within as a species for thousands of years.

edit on 1-11-2016 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join