It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about.....THIS, instead?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: tetra50

My opinion to you would be to vote third party. Overall it would have more of an impact than not voting. As I stated earlier and my thread, not voting would have zero consequence, even if you had half of the voting population with you. Given the way we are divided and distracted in todays America, I just can't fathom it. Maybe age has imparted some wisdom upon you that I am not yet privy to but that is my belief.

I can not pretend to know the vast dealings with the middle east over the decades, but I can sort of explain the working relationship between the ME and Clinton et al. Pay to play. I would suggest starting there and you will quickly discover exactly how a woman like Huma Abedin could get close to HRC and have influence.

Your becoming one of my favorite posters here btw! You bring your thoughts clearly to the table without reservation or judgment in the discussion.

Just an aside, you're so friggin sweet with that!! Thanks so much. I try to do that, while I have to say, there's always attendant punishment for what you've tried to stand for, but I think we all know that. Regardless, I'll still speak my mind, and if any one person remembers I tried to do just that, regardless of the price just to myself that I would willingly pay any day for others to have a better life, than I have fulfilled my mission....LOL

But, really, thank you, quite humbly and quite truthfully.
tetra

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman

You aren't alone in this thinking. I have wondered about it myself for many years, the "What if?"
I have also thought about it in terms of going to football games for example. Just the ticket to get in, not even including the price for a soda, hotdog, or beer. Hardly a price range anymore for a middle class family. What if everyone left those stadiums empty for a couple weekends? Because we are tired of being gouged. Bet that would change real quick.

It is pretty much the same idea. The power lies in the numbers, and the people have that power on their side.

Heck a quarter of the arguments you hear in these recent political post are people saying that TPTB have already picked their queen to win. The general consensus the winner is decided long before the elections. To me, that pretty much brings me back to why even bother and waste the gas and my day. I certainly feel no pride in voting for a lesser of evils. That's just dumb IMHO. It is also a sad state of affairs that we have reached the point to settle for that. Shame on us.

So, I guess you could say I have been doing exactly what your asking for years. I've stayed home.
Just for the record, I Would have voted for Ron Paul because I Beleived in Him to be a man that could have done a Good Job.

These two jokers? No thanks. I won't waste my precious vote on questionables....

hello there, one human. yes, absolutely I see all your points and totally agree. The fact is, I haven't really voted for years, though I'm quite patriotic, in a cetain sense, but this republic no longer represents anything I wish to be affiliated with or my life to stand for....just saying....

I wish, wholeheartedly, this wasn't a perspective to even consider. I've shut my mouth for many years over this, thinking this might be the only way to get the real point across that the public is completely disgusted and lacks faith in their representatives, and the representatives that are offered to them to, after all, represent them, as they never really seem to.....perhaps I've missed something all these years, but I don't think so.

Regardless of the way to get the situation in hand, and the continuing discussion about it, thanks for reading and replying. Sometimes, all we can do is continue to care, while we ponder the possible reactions and consequences....
regards,
tetra

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Your very welcome. When someone stands upon their beliefs and concede to let others do the same, that's something to surely compliment!

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Your very welcome. When someone stands upon their beliefs and concede to let others do the same, that's something to surely compliment!

LOL: I tried to friend you, went to your profile and everything, and still couldn't find the mechanism. Maybe this is symptomatic of my problem with the election as well....
tetra

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: tetra50

originally posted by: eNumbra
Nice try, but you'll never stop me from voting for Vermin Supreme.

well, eNumbra: thanks, as always for participating and reading, but....
if that's how you exercise your "democratic," never mind representative republic right in a representative replublic, then I guess you're happy voting for the best "vermin supreme," in your own words, to represent your own POV....as that's kind of what this is all about.....
regards,
tetra50

They're not my own words; that's the guys name. How dare you lecture me about the election when you don't even know all the candidates.

sry you took it that way, eNumbra: I'm not lecturing you about anything. I don't intend to "lecture", at all, at least. This is not at all my intent. I think many of us are frustrated, simply, with what choices we are given: hmmm. more or less poison is my choice; what do I make of that....for illustration purposes.

I didn't know there was a candidate named "vermin supreme." How many people that will actually be going to vote really know that, either? And how many people do you think would take that candidate seriously? Know what I mean? And yet you're all upset at me, when I think what's really going on with your reply is a simple set up to tell me I shouldn't be speaking about any of it simply because I'm not aware there is a candidate with that name....

Really, how many people do you actually know that know about a candidate running for president of the United States of America by that name? And though I appreciate you're taking the time to read my thread and reply, for these reasons, I won't any longer discuss this with you, as I consider it derailing the original intent of the OP, no offense.
Take care,
tetra

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's getting hot in here, whew.....(fanning myself.) What with all the allegations. Are Billary (my new word for Bill and Hillary, though I don't think she should be held responsible for whatever her hubby's done, without her blessing) linked with child pedophile rings, been seen on the "Lolita Express," travelling to "sex slave island?" Would I have even known about the proposed location of such places, (and must point out, still really don't) if it weren't for ATS, but perhaps I am sheltered by my choices in reading materials....lol, but not really funny, obviously.

No doubt, it's heating up. Some posters assert all who are in power, the "elite," are involved, anyhow. If that's true, it certainly doesn't get Trump off the hook.

Having said that, and this is why I wrote this thread, what are your choices, considering all that info: hmmmmm. With the choice of a candidate who is linked to pedophelia rings worldwide, and a guy who treats women like toys, objects for his pleasure, and asserts on tape that he can get away with just about anything, including grabbing them by their privates, whom do you vote for?

Horrible friggin choice is all I have to say. And neither, would have to be my answer.

Having said all that, there is the usual uproar for "truth," whilst each sides pretends to represent the ultimate and absolute truth (of course.) Perhaps we should just be having discussions about how difficult truth has become, to discern, ascertain, etc..... As I've already pointed out on another political thread, almost anyone can be made, today, to appear as just about anything, when it's convenient, and the "rightness" of that is called the "greater good," while nothing greater or even "gooder" ever comes about as a result.
regards,
tetra
edit on 3-11-2016 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
oh, i simply forgot there is an imminent election pending.....I used to remember and not post during that time for six months prior and six months after: another face palm.

Who can't stand the current SPCA commercials anymore, btw. I love animals more than anyone else, and have truly done my part with funds, rescue and sharing my home, as I could, for many years. But I can't take the pain anymore diplayed in these commercials.....

Nothing to do with thread content, but no one's reading and if I can't stray when I wrote it, well......

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I am bumping this old thread, as it was written during the last election, when Trump won, and the Hillary emails and pizza gate broke. I think rereading it may be interesting, given the current situation, impeachment, money laundering and all.

You see, I truly believe the Bidens and others prob did wrong things, utilizing their political positions at the time. But, regardless, you can't expose corruption by acting in a corrupt way, yourself. And I happen to think that's what's going on right now.

If Trump was so intent on "draining the swamp," why did he wait till an election cycle to take that on?
Regards,
tetra50

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

VS has been running for quote some time:

Vermin Love Supreme[1] (born c. 1961)[2] is an American performance artist and activist who has run as a candidate in various local, state, and national elections in the United States.[3][4][5] Supreme is known for wearing a boot as a hat and carrying a large toothbrush,[6] and has said that if elected President of the United States, he will pass a law requiring people to brush their teeth.[3][7][8][9] He has campaigned on a platform of zombie apocalypse awareness and time travel research,[10] and promised a free pony for every American.[11]

Wikipedia

If Trump really is draining the swamp, what makes you think it would be quick or easy?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

VS has been running for quote some time:

Vermin Love Supreme[1] (born c. 1961)[2] is an American performance artist and activist who has run as a candidate in various local, state, and national elections in the United States.[3][4][5] Supreme is known for wearing a boot as a hat and carrying a large toothbrush,[6] and has said that if elected President of the United States, he will pass a law requiring people to brush their teeth.[3][7][8][9] He has campaigned on a platform of zombie apocalypse awareness and time travel research,[10] and promised a free pony for every American.[11]

Wikipedia

If Trump really is draining the swamp, what makes you think it would be quick or easy?

I'm all about the free pony thing, though ponies are pretty mean, short complex and all.....
Thanks for educating me.
As for your last comment about draining the swamp: my point was, he didn't start attempting that till an election cycle, and focused on his main democratic opponent. No, it certainly wouldn't be quick nor easy. But I see his supposed effort in doing so as disingenuous, just by the timing and methodology. He's had three years to attempt draining that swamp. Frankly, I think he's part of that same swamp, and claiming to be draining it to benefit his campaign. Sorry, but it stands out that everyone around his campaign has been indicted, tried and convicted. Money laundering? Really? His inauguration involved the most funds ever, with lots of empty seats. IMHO, they are all the same. I am not defending republicans, democrats, or any of them. As far as I'm concerned, if you didn't get the point of this thread, they're all on the same side, and just playing to the masses as a distraction from our own enslavement to commodities and tech to entertain us.

How we fight that, I don't really know. But I do know it's a real thing...
thanks for your reading and input.
tetra

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join