It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emoluments Clause

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The subject of Qualifications came up concerning the legalities of Hillary Clinton running for office. It seems their is no one department or other agencies that makes this determination. It seems the founding fathers left the subject up to the people to decide.

Even if Hillary is convicted of a crime does not seem to be sufficient grounds to "Disqualify" her. And I don't know what entity would be called upon to do so, so...

In the Constitution Of the United States, it is stated:

" No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."
Article I, Section 9, Clause 8

DEFINITION of 'Emolument' Compensation for employment, services or holding office. Emolument is generally used in a legal context. Emolument can vary depending on the type and length of service being performed.

In my opinion as a American Citizen, I find Hillary Clinton disqualified from public service due to the fact that she, while in public office, took Emolument from the heads of foreign states to include Princes, Presidents, and Potentates. She took Emoluments from Governments and Kings Alike and placed them into the Clinton Foundation. And in the Constitution it clearly says "OF ANY KIND".

She is, Disqualified, in my humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wow.... ! Good point...however, the Clinton foundation will just shift into Chelsea's name ...problem solved for Hillary .

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1 That may be true in a legal sense, but Constitutionally, the damage is already done. It would do nothing to change her history. Taking ill gotten money and moving it after the fact, makes no difference, and can only show intent.

join