It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Destroys Clinton/Reid Narrative "Does Not Believe Comey Trying To Influence Election"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just when you thought the latest Clinton email scandal can't get more confusing.

Now it appears the White House itself is saying FBI Director James Comey didn't send that letter to Congress last week to influence the election !!!

The Clinton Campaign has been streamrolling since the Comey Letter was given to the public (not by Comey or the FBI however).

Obama Destroys Clinton/Reid Narrative "Does Not Believe Comey Trying To Influence Election"

With both Harry Reid and Hillary Clinton voicing extreme accusations of violating federal law against FBI Director Comey's decision to be transparent about his investigation into Clinton's emails, it appears President Obama is having none of it. As White House spokesman Josh Earnest stated: "President Obama doesn't think Comey is trying to influence the election."

Senate minority leader Harry Reid claiming Comey may have violated federal law...

“I am writing to inform you that my office has determined that these actions may violate the Hatch Act,” Reid wrote in a letter to Comey, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The Hatch act prohibits government officials from using their positions to influence an election.

“Through your partisan actions, you may have broken the law.”

“When Republicans filibustered your nomination and delayed your confirmation longer than any previous nominee to your position, I led the fight to get you confirmed because I believed you to be a principled public servant,” Reid wrote.

“With the deepest regret, I now see that I was wrong."

But, President Obama has now crushed that narrative

Published on Oct 31, 2016

Breaking News: The White House Addresses Controversy over FBI Email Review

Jesus !!

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm missing the part where Obama "destroys" the narrative?

The only thing that was stated was that Obama is not going to get politically involved in it.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
didnt obama say hilary should listen to her conscience and worry about her job later or so i think he knows she is going down soon
a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Politico is quoting the same thing.....

"The president's assessment of his integrity and his character has not changed," White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters during the daily briefing. "The president does not believe that Director Comey is intentionally trying to influence the outcome of an election. The president does not believe that he is secretly strategizing to benefit one candidate or one political party."

White House: Obama doesn't believe Comey is trying to influence the election

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

it's a 20 minute clip, and you think you have it all figured out in less than 5. You are amazing.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

1. It's not unprecedented. The same thing happed to Bush when he ran against Clinton. Secondly, this is Hilary's fault. Believe it or not, all the things involving Clinton have actually been her fault. The repeated investigations that found nothing because she obstructed justice and lied... all clearly documented in the FBI report. Everything. Everything coming to her she has earned.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I guess he found out that comey wasn`t the one who leaked that info to the public and it was probably a democrate senator who leaked it, so now he wants everyone to drop all the talk about the hatch act and criminal prosecution.
They can`t go putting one of their own in jail for breaking the law,can they?

Things must really be heating up, the lies,corruption and coverups are flying fast and furious now.
edit on 31-10-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

My guess is Elijah Cummings.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I would say that`s a pretty good guess

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
Everything. Everything coming to her she has earned.

100% agreed. She and Bill have enjoyed using the government as an unlimited ATM, and it sure looks like it's about to end here and now. Dare I say the "J" word aloud? JUSTICE.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Very good guess.

And I recall, Obama defended Comey before, so he really
has to stick to that same narrative, or else he looks foolish...?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

The only thing that was stated was that Obama is not going to get politically involved in it.

He's been campaigning for her, but he won't jump on board with Clinton, Reid, CNN et al to call out Comey.

You have to admit its a little strange, when he usually has no problem shooting his mouth off on just about any other thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

it's a 20 minute clip, and you think you have it all figured out in less than 5. You are amazing.

Because I had to watch the clip posted right?

I couldn't have...I don't know...watch it live?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

He's been campaigning for her, but he won't jump on board with Clinton, Reid, CNN et al to call out Comey.

You have to admit its a little strange, when he usually has no problem shooting his mouth off on just about any other thing.

No, because that would be possibly violating the Hatch Act...just like Comey is possibly violating the Hatch Act in sending the letter he did.

Obama is simply doing the right thing by not inserting himself politically.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

No, because that would be possibly violating the Hatch Act...just like Comey is possibly violating the Hatch Act in sending the letter he did.

Comey did not violate The Hatch Act, but Obama could be by
actively campaigning for Hillary while he is POTUS.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The Press Secretary on behalf of President Obama pulled the chair out from underneath the Hillary Clinton campaign narrative especially as enunciated by Sen. Harry Reid that a Hatch Act violation had occurred. President Obama has expressed his support for FBI Director Comey, and that guts all the efforts from Team Clinton to excoriate Comey and paint Clinton as a victim.

The interesting part is trying to puzzle out whether or not all of this is mere political calculation on the part of the Democrats, or is this a revelation of the Team Obama and Team Clinton internecine warfare going public.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Comey did not violate The Hatch Act, but Obama could be by
actively campaigning for Hillary while he is POTUS.

That is a very, very interesting question needing a great deal more attention.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Obama is simply doing the right thing by not inserting himself politically.

Ohhhh the irony.

The Hatch Act does not focus conduct, but the intent. If Comey did not intend to interfere with or affect the upcoming election through his letter to Congress, then he did not violate the letter of the Hatch Act.

As Gowdy put it:

if he is in violation, then how is Obama, a sitting President who is actively campaigning on behalf of Clinton on the "company clock" (and payroll) not also an effort to influence the outcome of this election, and thus a Hatch violation.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

exactly, his intent was to comply with instructions from congress to keep them updated on any significant changes in the investigation. His intent was to avoid being in contempt of congress and had nothing to do with politics.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Because I had to watch the clip posted right?

I couldn't have...I don't know...watch it live?

you could have, but I doubt it. But in the end, it doesn't matter. Your posts are pure entertainment. predictable, sad, but entertaining none the less.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join