It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your theory of everything? Survey

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well, I personally believe in Jesus Christ and his message of love. I am a Christian, although that terminology often comes with a heap of baggage, that I personally leave where it belongs, in the lost property box at the Station of life.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

There's no shame in being conservative. But does that imply to you these "the end is near" preachings are also true?
Hell and all that?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

From the eco-systems point of view if it had one, we'd be the percieved chaos. From ours I guess nature is chaotic. In reality the issue is a lack of understanding. Nature will learn to live with our destruction, history tells us this. Whether humans can learn to live with the apparant destructive ways of nature is yet to be seen I guess... We still have major cities on major faultlines after all.

Yeah

We've all grown up with the 'Evolution of Man' walking along and changing from apes to upright Man. It's now known to be a fiction and should really be reimagined as a group of roughly similar hominids walking, overlapping and dying on the way. We're all that's left and some of us are a legacy of those that went extinct anyway.

It's a picture of a story that hasn't ended yet and we might become one of the fallen in the future. Before we start glimpsing the ToE, we could become victims of our own success and fall to extinction. Let's hope not.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I am a person of older age and have dabbled in different religions and philosophies all my life. I finally gave up on organized religion for the truth. This is going to sound really silly, but the movie "Interstellar" touched something in me that seemed to ring true. Like how love may be an actual force, not entirely explainable like gravity. Our entire existence may depend on that force.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Yes. I know, from experience in fact, that the human mind (one which is powerful enough) can influence matter.

But the big question is, how? I've studied quantum theory and the answer isn't there; alot of New Agers have misunderstood the quantum model and actually quantum theory is surprisingly... mundane.

So Im thinking, maybe it's dark matter. Thik about it. If we're swimming in dark matter, and our brain leaves a mark on dark matter and interacts with it wherever we go, then perhaps some people have unconsciously learned to use dark matter as an extension of their brain. Enabling them to gain information from other locations (remote viewing), gain memory information of a past dark matter imprint (remembrance of past lives), even affect remote atomic state by shifting dark matter properties near the atoms (forms of telekinesis).

I think, maybe that is actually the answer behind mind-over-matter. And the science community should stop ignoring these possibilities.

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

-Nikola Tesla

edit on 29-10-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

TextPersonalities we create, because we tend to fabricate storylines?

well its much like dreaming, storylines appear like clouds in the sky. Along with clouds comes the rain/personalities.

How aware are you of the fact that every single person existing is just as complex as you are?

I am aware of potential and because of that I can see complexity can occur and is natural

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
lovely replya reply to: MOMof3

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That's an interesting take on it, i loved that movie.
Love IS an actual and powerful force. It could very well be keeping us here too.
Keep in mind Love is Evol backwards. Sigils are words and words are sigils. Like
the Gnostics always said about reality.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I personally am left leaning in nearly all my political beliefs.

I believe that there is a Heaven and a Hell. As for the end of days, and whether we are in them or not... I think it is important to note, that many eras before this one, were considered the end of days by the people living in them. The dark ages, the crusades, the world wars...

Against that back drop, I personally have not a clue. It would, perhaps, be wishful thinking to believe that it is upon us, and I say that because at least that would be a full stop at the end of the bitter sentence that is human existence.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I wasn't asking your political taste, but your personality.

But why do you consider this to be dark ages. I do see too and I really would want to know your reason?

Because we destroy the planet? What's your reason to think that?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I do not consider these the dark ages personally speaking, I was merely offering a slightly more rounded perspective on the matter of the end of days, than some have been touting lately.

As I said, I do not know if these are the end of days, and am unsure how I would feel about it, were it shown that they are. The obvious reaction would be dismay, but that would imply that I thought there was something to lose. That point is very much in question.

You see, I believe that a life lived without freedom is not a life, just an existence. If all I may do is exist, then do I really want to continue with that? What is it really worth? There are many deep and complicated questions bound up in the subject matter of this thread, and most of them are of the sort that require a lifetime to come to a competent answer for.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

End times?? You never know. We've not got the luxury of broad perspective and have to go off intuition and limited info.

We're in the early years of a mass extinction that promises to be historical in scale. Then there's the changing climate and the unknowns it will bring with it. Rising conflicts on the planet, ignorance becoming a valid 'opinion' and populations growing by millions a year and all wanting to move.

Not to mention Kim Kardashian losing her bling and X-Factor's next series under jeopardy!!

Looks pretty endy to me

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The thing is (you didn't ask, but I still want to share my perspective) what if there's some truth to all of that? But hidden behind all spiritual "message record" lies some truth.
I mean all.
The mayan calendar ended, the thing with hell is not part of the original story line, Dante invented that. What if everything ends just is a paradigm shift?
"I'll be back." is what Jesus said. Hope you don't mind me paraphrasing. And then he'll be the opposite of what he was before. The Antichrist.

edit on 29-10-2016 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
A collective consciousness in a waveform bouncing out of peoples heads stuck in jars echoing past in the present and using that as a location to move to towards the future like bats in the belfry or on the ceiling of Plato's cave.

How about if we were to come to realize that the conceptual load isn't going to ever free us; but is actually what is weighing us all down... that perhaps we all could fly if the counter concept in that vibration cloud quit saying we couldn't.

Kinda like parents or administrators to a system that mostly everyone agrees is a bunch of crap. But perpetuate it anyway... echo it daily, teach the little one's the same failed systems as those programming boxes meant for entertainment keep dishing it out ad nauseum that it is no longer even effective... that it is a joke that the entire world and what is being clung to as belief goes is a joke and something to be mocked along with those perpetuating it.

Of course this goes on in the younger generation but when asked what is your suggestion for solving it? It becomes a bit more serious and less of a game because like it or not we are a part of a collective whole even when many in that collective are so oblivious and stuck in a which way did he go George which way did he go? talking about having some damned sense and when they finally get some sense? and I will love it and pet it and name it George... not even noticing it asked the last thing it named George where the new thing it wants to name George ran off too because it ceased to be new and became yet another George.

People are kinda tired of chasing the created and want to create, and well some say well damn what is there left to create... and why when there is so much left here in the wasteland of newer better faster to explore. How much of the music and movies etc are there that have yet to be seen and experienced by younger people? So much they would like and enjoy as much as we did, while not even paying attention to what they were growing up with... like naw dawg my stuff was better in the 50's because all our toys and games imitated history so we could keep repeating that madness in emulation and only think fondly of it because we were children... well howdy doodie time; you guys loved a puppet, so no wonder politics is full of them but surprise they thought you were the puppet.

Yoiks and away

Repetition forms a pattern nature does this but it is called cycles yet we think we are a straight line so lets all line up and kick from birth to death... here's your lot know your role kick kick kick I think I can I think I can no you think therefore you are ahhh all these thoughts came from you guys and your concepts they were already here when I got here... oh crap he/she is onto us, nothing to see here be all you can be go blow something up for patriotism unless you're not us then it's terrorism.

No the whole thing is madness... and most people trying to pretend it isn't. Well, ya want to be normal don't ya Johnny? Yes paw. Then do what everyone else is doing, unless they are jumping off a bridge. Yes paw.

From madness to stupidity because doing the same thing over and over again doesn't form a circle it forms a perfection... a fence, a prison, or a moat going round and round and round.

Nature of the universe so just put your forehead on the end of a baseball bat and run around it or run around and bat others in the forehead with it... you'll understand the gravity of a situation pretty quickly, as both will put you down rather quickly. So drink coffee and stay up as long as you can being active accomplishing nothing other than a bunch of other mini humanoids to do the exact same thing wah wah wah turns into why why why and the parents then go wah wah wah not wanting to say they don't know.

We're just here some of us queer all of us weird get used to it.

edit on 29-10-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The anti-Christ is not the second coming.

They are two separate things.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

So is the chicken and the egg

2nd though perhaps a beer would have sufficed

that 3rd round is on me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join