It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former DOJ spokesman blasts Comey after email letter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I find the complaint rather strange.

People need to be able to trust their candidate, otherwise, they should not be a candidate.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Funny how the proper administration of the rule of law is now a partisan attack.

The members of our kleptocracy expose themselves by the dozens each day.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I find the complaint rather strange.

People need to be able to trust their candidate, otherwise, they should not be a candidate.

As Willtell eloquently said

A little corruption is better than an outright fascist any day of the week.

With Trump we will likely have a civil war. (I don't think you'll be laughing much at that)

At least with Hillary the same old corruption were use to

Complacency, some people don't care about corruption.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The reason he did this is because if he didn't and someone got wind of it and leaked the info to a press outlet that would run the story it would explode into something more. Lol your a clinton supporter right? Having comey act as a goalie is your best option. He can get infront of what information is released like he has done and take the fall for her corruption in the publics eyes. I'm going to guess that he will put a gag order on some of the info"national security". Huma already has immunity.

Anyone guessing he will actually do his job after all the proof of his total corruption is living in fantasy land.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Funny... I thought this was the US election.

It seems however, to be something else entirely.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: TrueBrit

As Willtell eloquently said

With Trump we will likely have a civil war. (I don't think you'll be laughing much at that)

Bring that on it would be the shortest civil war ever!
A bunch of numales, social justice warriors,3rd wave feminist and black supremacists vs everyone else it wouldn't last a month.
edit on 28-10-2016 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's a US "election". With two "wounderfull" "choices".

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

A "little corruption" ? Are you kidding? This is corruption on a grand scale! This goes all the way up to POTUS, with the FBI and DOJ being complicit. Period. "Watergate" is amateur hour compared to the web of lies surrounding the Clintons. The Clintons have a body count.

Yes, I can foresee some protests, mostly in the larger cities if Trump is elected. It will be violence caused by pre-election rhetoric spewed by the left; perpetuated by the main-sleeze media.

If HRC is elected, we will be embroiled in WWIII within a year. Bank on it.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Ah...Newspeak.

You meant "clusterbang, with no way out or route of escape whatsoever"?

Right?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Haha yea Fml. The only reminisce of my country are in old books from before my time.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

And the Hits keep on Coming....

" Loretta Lynch 'Pleads Fifth' on Iran Ransom Probe "

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Kansas Rep. Mike Pompeo wrote in a letter that Lynch chose to "essentially plead the Fifth," after the Republican lawmakers presented her with questions about the cash payment.

In an Oct. 24 response, Assistant Attorney General Peter Kadzik responded for Lynch, refusing to answer the questions and telling the lawmakers that they are barred from publicly revealing details about the payment.

"Disclosure of this information beyond members of the House and Senate and staff who are able to view them could adversely affect the diplomatic relations of the United States, including with key allies," Kadzik wrote.

"It is frankly unacceptable that your department refuses to answer straightforward questions from the people's elected representatives in Congress about an important national security issue," Rubio and Pompeo wrote.

"Your staff failed to address any of our questions, and instead provided a copy of public testimony and a lecture about the sensitivity of information associated with this issue. As the United States' chief law enforcement officer, it is outrageous that you would essentially plead the Fifth and refuse to respond to inquiries."

They attached the questions again and requested that Lynch send answers by Nov. 4.

I see England , I see France , but I do not see Loretta Lynch's Transparent underpants . What does she have to Hide here ?

www.newsmax.com...
edit on 28-10-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

Why Comie did it. His excuses don’t make sense

Nick Akerman, a former assistant U.S. Attorney in the Southern District of New York, was more critical: "Director Comey acted totally inappropriately. He had no business writing to Congress about supposed new emails that neither he nor anyone in the FBI has ever reviewed.”

"It is not the function of the FBI Director to be making public pronouncements about an investigation, never mind about an investigation based on evidence that he acknowledges may not be significant," Akerman added. "The job of the FBI is simply to investigate and to provide the results of its investigation to the prosecutorial arm of the US Department of Justice. His job is not to give a running commentary about any investigation or his opinion about any investigation. This is particularly egregious since Secretary Clinton has no way to respond to what amounts to nebulous and speculative innuendo.”

His explanation on why he lobbed a nuclear bomb in the 2016 presidential election is that if he didn’t say anything now he would have been accused of withholding information before the election by people after the election.

HEY COMIE YOUR AT THE END OF A HARD FOUGHT PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION DUMMY!!!!

What if you announced the possibility that Trump is accused of rape or being in cahoots with Russia

YOU DON’T ANNOUNCE THAT EITHER ASSHOLE ELEVEN DAYS BEFORE THE ELECTION

Well the information is speculation not real proof or probable cause evidence then go ahead and investigate and if there is a problem you could still have Hillary impeached if she won. But if there’s nothing there then you may have besmirched her reputation just enough to hand the election to Trump and then you find out there’s no crime, then what have you done?

“The Justice Department’s longstanding practice is don’t do anything seen as trying to influence an election. That’s usually interpreted as 60 days, let alone 11....It’s completely unfair to Secretary Clinton and it’s really unfair to the voters. There’s no reason he had to send this letter,” Miller told POLITICO.

This is clearly a hit job, a black operation of a right-wing cabal in the government structure and in the FBI!

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

www.politico.com...

Why Comie did it. His excuses don’t make sense

Nick Akerman, a former assistant U.S. Attorney in the Southern District of New York, was more critical: "Director Comey acted totally inappropriately. He had no business writing to Congress about supposed new emails that neither he nor anyone in the FBI has ever reviewed.”

"It is not the function of the FBI Director to be making public pronouncements about an investigation, never mind about an investigation based on evidence that he acknowledges may not be significant," Akerman added. "The job of the FBI is simply to investigate and to provide the results of its investigation to the prosecutorial arm of the US Department of Justice. His job is not to give a running commentary about any investigation or his opinion about any investigation. This is particularly egregious since Secretary Clinton has no way to respond to what amounts to nebulous and speculative innuendo.”

His explanation on why he lobbed a nuclear bomb in the 2016 presidential election is that if he didn’t say anything now he would have been accused of withholding information before the election by people after the election.

HEY COMIE YOUR AT THE END OF A HARD FOUGHT PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION DUMMY!!!!

What if you announced the possibility that Trump is accused of rape or being in cahoots with Russia

YOU DON’T ANNOUNCE THAT EITHER ASSHOLE ELEVEN DAYS BEFORE THE ELECTION

Well the information is speculation not real proof or probable cause evidence then go ahead and investigate and if there is a problem you could still have Hillary impeached if she won. But if there’s nothing there then you may have besmirched her reputation just enough to hand the election to Trump and then you find out there’s no crime, then what have you done?

“The Justice Department’s longstanding practice is don’t do anything seen as trying to influence an election. That’s usually interpreted as 60 days, let alone 11....It’s completely unfair to Secretary Clinton and it’s really unfair to the voters. There’s no reason he had to send this letter,” Miller told POLITICO.

" This is clearly a hit job, a black operation of a right-wing cabal in the government structure and in the FBI!

The ONLY Reason Director Comey would have to Reopen the Hillary Clinton E-Mail case is Newly Discovered Evidence that would Warrant it . That Evidence will more than likely Not be Revealed to the Public until his Investigation of it is Over . Meaning , sometime After the Election .

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
He probably didn't have much choice. Public confidence in the FBI is already in the toilet after the conclusion of the prior investigation left many with the feeling that it was biased in Hillary's favor. If Comey had decided to sit on new information and the possibility of reopening the investigation until after the election, it would just further fuel that perception and further erode public trust in the FBI itself. For the same reason, Comey was probably under internal pressure within the FBI to make this public now rather than wait until the election was over, and likewise, it probably says something of the severity of the potential violations that he did make this announcement now instead of waiting.

Whatever the case may be, I think Comey appears to have made the right call, and under the circumstances, the public has a right to know if a presidential candidate is under federal investigation when they walk into the voting booth.
edit on 28-10-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

We had the right to know. Timing if anything, is late. But better late than never

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The question is why Comey did this.

There’s no way he was obligated to throw this into an election cycle by any law or rule.
Did he inform his superiors?

I think seeing so much terrible Clinton-related info coming out of WikiLeaks, day after day, after day, finally made FBI Director Comey realize that he made a mistake by declaring Hillary an innocent, short-circuiting, dummy. He does not want to go down in history as one of President Hillary Clinton's "ENABLERS", after she is indicted on past and future crimes.

Director Comey knows that he can stop this criminal in her tracks, and save the country from years of embarrassment on the world stage.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
My money is now on the possibility they found Huma's CYA stash against Hillary.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

isn't that like literally in his job title? reporting to congress/house/senate?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Comey would only do this if the evidence is so overwhelming that he had to do it. To fail to properly notify Congress would have earned Comey time in prison.

After all Comey has very old ties to the Clinton political machine and the DNC -- something apparently forgotten by those having a collective apoplectic fit over the Director doing his job.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

“Comey refused to even tell Congress if FBI was investigating Trump camp for Russia hack, but regular updates on Clinton are apparently A-ok,”

Look dude,

1. Trump can barely turn on a computer, let alone hack anyone.

2. There is zero proof Russia did any hacking, and Wikileaks has repeatedly said their source is not Russia. I guess I have to spell this out to you, blaming Russia is a desperate attempt by the clinton campaign to try and keep anyone from reading their damaging emails.

3. Comey already admitted in front of congress Hillary broke several laws, including lying to the FBI, destruction of evidence, and an attempt to hide evidence. If this was not political it is an open and shut case she broke the law numerous times and he was confident enough to state as much openly in front of congress.

You are pissed that Hillary is going down, but it's happening, even Obama has quietly canceled his campaigning events. He would not do that if he did not have an idea something bad is coming out.

edit on 28-10-2016 by proximo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join