It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former DOJ spokesman blasts Comey after email letter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Comey must be a Trump secret ally, without a doubt, to do this.

This ex-Justice department lawyer says Comey is blatantly helping Trump

SOURCE

A former director of the Justice Department’s office of public affairs said Friday that FBI Director James Comey’s letter to Congress announcing the review of more evidence in the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s private email server constituted “such an inappropriate disclosure.”
Matthew Miller, who served at the Department of Justice under Attorney General Eric Holder, blasted Comey's move in a 14-post spree on Twitter Friday afternoon, ripping the FBI director for his practices throughout the entire Clinton investigation. Miller said Comey “flagrantly violated DOJ rules” by holding a press conference in July to announce that he was recommending against charges for the former secretary of state, a decision the FBI director said at the time that he made in the interest of transparency.

“But today's disclosure might be worst abuse yet," Miller tweeted, adding that in his experience, the Justice Department “goes out of its way to avoid publicly discussing investigations” when elections are close.
Miller said those precautions are not just limited to public statements, writing that the department often avoids sending subpoenas or taking other steps that might become public until an election is over.

“Comey refused to even tell Congress if FBI was investigating Trump camp for Russia hack, but regular updates on Clinton are apparently A-ok,” Miller wrote, adding in the final post from his Twitter flurry that “they shouldn't be commenting on investigations!

But that should apply to all. Instead Clinton consistently treated differently/worse.”

.” Miller wrote that the new information being reviewed by the FBI “might be totally benign & not even involve Clinton. But no way for press or voters to know that. Easy for opponent to make hay over.”

www.politico.com...

edit on 28-10-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Sorry , but Justice trumps Mr. Trump . The American People Deserve to know the Truth , no matter how Ugly it may be .

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Because he knows Trump is going to get elected and wants to protect himself. Only way to make sense out of it from my vantage point. 3 of his field offices were already turned down to investigate the foundation by the DOJ. They are going to turn down this one as well. He is doing it because he knows the game is up.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here’s some more information and perspective on this breaking story

American law enforcement officials said Friday that the new emails uncovered in the closed investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server were discovered after the F.B.I. seized electronic devices belonging to Huma Abedin and her husband, Anthony Weiner.

Weiner is being investigated by U.S. attorney Preet Bharara for having possibly sent sexually explicit text messages to a minor. He and Abedin are separated.
Update, 3:10 p.m.: OK, there's a little more clarity developing here. Here's NBC's Pete Williams (who's been covering the Justice Department for decades and is presumably well-sourced) reporting that senior officials "familiar with the thinking behind [Comey's] letter" say the newly discovered emails in question 1) were not sent by Hillary Clinton, 2) do not appear to have intentionally been withheld from the FBI, 3) were not discovered via the investigation into the John Podesta or Democratic National Committee hacks. Williams adds (in a cautious, hedged manner) that the new development does not appear to be a "game changer."

www.slate.com...

I guess Hillary, if she wins, will invite Comey over to the White House to have a Weiner Roast!

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Here's what will happen.... Comey will mess up the investigation once more, again coming to the conclusion that nothing was done wrong.

When Hillary wins the election by fraud Comey will suddenly emerge as "CIA Director Comey" instead...

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

“Comey refused to even tell Congress if FBI was investigating Trump camp for Russia hack, but regular updates on Clinton are apparently A-ok,”

Correct me if I'm wrong, but investigating Trump over alleged Russia hacks makes zero sense. Talk about a bias stance.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

Here's what will happen.... Comey will mess up the investigation once more, again coming to the conclusion that nothing was done wrong.

When Hillary wins the election by fraud Comey will suddenly emerge as "CIA Director Comey" instead...

Not after this. This has seriously or can seriously hurt Hillary. Comey is no ally of Hillary for doing this.

The point is that Comey should have never had a press conference about Hillary's email scandal

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Says the same guy who was probably patting Comey on the back a couple months ago.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If I was a fly on the wall to hear Hillary flip out on Huma for being with this sleeze bag who might ruin everything for her.

.... Thinking on it maybe she will be understanding of the situation and give her advice on being married to a sleeze ball

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Haha isn't this the same group saying whine whine whine when the FBI didn't do their jobs in the first place?

This cycle has been the worst but at least it came with some laughs.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The question is why Comey did this.

There’s no way he was obligated to throw this into an election cycle by any law or rule.
Did he inform his superiors?

He had to know what he was doing?

I say he is part of a Trump Cabal inside the government structure

He's part of the right-wingers who want a fascist like Trump in office

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Huma is done even if Hillary wins. Maybe not since Hillary said she's her other daughter

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

“Comey refused to even tell Congress if FBI was investigating Trump camp for Russia hack, but regular updates on Clinton are apparently A-ok,”

Correct me if I'm wrong, but investigating Trump over alleged Russia hacks makes zero sense. Talk about a bias stance.
a potential us president being a puppet of russia would normally be investigated.
however, with everything presumably released via russia on clinton and, her opponents numerous rape charges, this isn't a normal cycle.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Haha isn't this the same group saying whine whine whine when the FBI didn't do their jobs in the first place?

This cycle has been the worst but at least it came with some laughs.

Yeah real funny we elect a fascist as president because an email was on Wieners Iphone

I guess that’s ironic as hell

FASCISM IS BACK!

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Haha, yea and above the law Hillary would have brought back justice and equality to us. She wants war with Russia, take donation money for personal wealth while they screw over Haiti. What a beacon of light for morality that woman is.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

A little corruption is better than an outright fascist any day of the week.

With Trump we will likely have a civil war. (I don't think you'll be laughing much at that)

At least with Hillary the same old corruption were use to

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
SEIG HEIL MEIM TRUUMP!

SEIG HEIL

SEIG HEIL

SEIG HEIL

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

" I say he is part of a Trump Cabal inside the government structure

He's part of the right-wingers who want a fascist like Trump in office "

Pure Fantasy . Mr. Comey's Connections to the Clinton Foundation , and the Monetary Rewards he Received from them , Point to his Refusal to Indite Her considering the Evidence he Refused to Interpret Correctly during the First Investigation .

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
SEIG HEIL MEIM TRUUMP!

SEIG HEIL

SEIG HEIL

SEIG HEIL

Triggered ^^^^^^^^^^

Way to exaggerate this though.

God forbid the DOJ do its job and enforce the law.

And people are sad to see the system not as broken as we thought.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I'm not sure who you're calling the fascist. The one who talks or the one who actually does things. Perhaps you missed the Libya memo? Perhaps you missed her supporters in San Diego back in June? Perhaps you've never read a single DNC e-mail?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join