It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The enlightened ones might lack aggression!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Yeah....I think you're right. I keep trying to convince myself that it would work. But as you pointed out people are still going to do things that requires policing. It would end up getting very complicated very quickly. As much as I don't like to believe it....It's not a problem that can be solved by human wisdom. It's something I need to let go of...because I will just drive myself crazy with it. ...and I'm halfway there already.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

I am grappling with the same realization that we humans, no matter our level of intellect or higher consciousness, may be naturally aggressive perhaps as a requirement to survival (evolutionary and modern survival as in encroachment to other occupied lands for survival).

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to:Inthelight.

God is the only one that can bring true peace here. In the mean time I will continue to do my best to love and to show mercy as much as I am able....I just have to trust that if the point ever comes when I am not supposed to show mercy...I will know.

It is certainly fearful times we are living in....and God is a fearful God. " The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom " humility and respect for others comes with that fear. I'm in the process of learning what that means in my own life.

What is your position on such things...and is your reasoning ?.....if you don't mind telling me.

edit on 1-3-2017 by HarryJoy because: add

edit on 1-3-2017 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It was a subtle sabotage. ...the 'operation ' itself was not so subtle just the effect thereof. Dig deeply and weigh carefully. God is a discerner of all thoughts and intents and divides even the greatest souls to their core.

What blind men see and children find is the undoing of the mighty. And if you have snared a child will you be held in high esteem ? His breastplate is empty and he is cradled in weakness having cast his fortune to the seeking of her.

And those that rush to seal a deal have the most to gain or the most to lose.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
a reply to:Inthelight.

God is the only one that can bring true peace here. In the mean time I will continue to do my best to love and to show mercy as much as I am able....I just have to trust that if the point ever comes when I am not supposed to show mercy...I will know.

It is certainly fearful times we are living in....and God is a fearful God. " The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom " humility and respect for others comes with that fear. I'm in the process of learning what that means in my own life.

What is your position on such things...and is your reasoning ?.....if you don't mind telling me.

Does not the reasoning vary with which version of the testament one is quoting? The old testament depicts a vengeful and wrathful God - one to be feared. So, is fear the answer to control violence and/or uprising? Did the programming of the collective consciousness via religious dogma from a vengeful/wrathful following to a peace/love following, which seemed to be done from the old to the new testament, work? It appears not.

edit on 03CST09America/Chicago01190931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I see the differences between the old testament and the new testament to be the result of the two 'systems' of salvation. The old system was based on justice. ..an eye for an eye. ...But God saw that the justice system failed to result in righteousness so He implemented the new system of Mercy....which came at a huge price.....But which has the potential to bring forth righteousness in those that apply it by faith..at least that's how I see it.
edit on 2-3-2017 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
That's you and me.

If you are everything good that's in this world incl. but not limited to helping the less fortunate, being kind to animals, telling the truth, keeping your word (even when it hurts), teaching your children good manners and politeness. If you hate war and racism and corrupt politicians. If you respect your fellow man and see beauty in nature. If you love living undisturbed in peace and security. If you value hard work and dedication and loyalty and integrity. If you don't steal or cheat, then you are one of the...

enlightened ones! Please feel free to add any quality you feel should be part of the list.

Why are the enlightened ones losing the war for planet earth? Is it because we are too passive and not aggressive enough?

The name for all the ones who are not enlightened are the un illuminated ones and everything they do is in the shadows. They are aggressive and mean! Shame how the world is run by such, I mean a real shame!

imagine that you have a child.
imagine a murderer willing to kill your child, in front of you.
you can stop him, but only by killing him. what will you do? "go ahead, karma will bite you in the ass"? oh, sorry, "ass" would be too mean, right?

not sure if you're just silly and naive, or trolling. being enlightened has nothing to do with swallowing all the crap being thrown at you blindly. it's not about not fighting at all.

it's about knowing when you're fighting for a greater cause, and when just for your own ego.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join