It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP VP candidate Mike Pence's plane skids off runway at LaGuardia airport

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Good thing everyone is ok.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Was this an assassination attempt by a rival party, maybe a female mafia boss??? Just maybe ... Perfect place, an airport known to have runway issues ...

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Trump commented at one of the debates how bad LaGuardia is
edit on 27-10-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I believe somebody needs to say it.

It was rigged!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Yes, he did. I remember him mentioning LaGuardia when he was talking about the need to rebuild so much of our infrastructure. He said it was 3rd world.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Runway 13/31 is 2 feet longer than 4/22. It's 7,003 feet long, compared to 7,001 feet. Add rain, snow, ice, or anything but perfectly dry, calm conditions, and you're begging for an accident. The biggest aircraft that regularly goes into there is an A321, and they get a lot of smaller planes, like the CRJ family into there.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: dashen

Yes, he did. I remember him mentioning LaGuardia when he was talking about the need to rebuild so much of our infrastructure. He said it was 3rd world.

And this unfortunate incident with Governor Pence's jet will give Donald Trump reason to bring up the need to modernize our airports, at his campaign stops the next few days.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Liberal weather conspiracy

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm sure that there are those that are disappointed that no one was hurt.

hate to be the one to say it, but it's true.

Good god, why would you say that?

Because it's true.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They've been working on it for years. But to overhaul LaGuardia would require completely rebuilding it, and installing completely new runways. It's not a matter of just needing more modern equipment, it's a matter of needing totally new runways, and there's no way that will happen.

Most airports, at least the larger ones, are quite safe and rarely have accidents. Some of the smaller ones, that get less traffic or smaller aircraft are the problems, but with those, most of the time it's the physical airport itself, which would require more money to fix than the FAA budget for the entire year.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Even for the most cynical mind, it makes no sense to attack Pence. His existence is a boon to the opposition, he's constantly disagreeing with Trump and signalling the fracture of the party. The only person who might want Pence gone is Trump

Of course, I'm sure it was an accident.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Glad everyone is ok.

I may not like his policies or that he has jumped in bed with Trump, but I will never wish another human harm.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
#MakeLaGuardiaGreatAgain

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
#buildtherunwaywall

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The damage to the runway reported was part of the engineered material arresting system that was installed at each end of the runways at the airport. It's designed so that if an aircraft enters that part of the runway, the pavement under the aircraft crushes, helping to slow the aircraft.

www.faa.gov...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join