It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP VP candidate Mike Pence's plane skids off runway at LaGuardia airport

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

JAMAICA, Queens (WABC) -- Republican Vice Presidential Candidate Mike Pence's plane skidded off the runway at LaGuardia Airport on Thursday night.

It happened just before 8 p.m.

Everyone on board is reportedly ok.

Just witnessed an emergency landing at La Guardia Airport. Hope everyone's safe. @ABC7NY pic.twitter.com/e4PtrsQDeo

— Xpl0iter (@itsmeJilani) October 27, 2016

It's not yet known what led to the mishap.

GOP VP CANDIDATE MIKE PENCE'S PLANE SKIDS OFF RUNWAY AT LAGUARDIA AIRPORT

Scary! No details as to what happened yet.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 27/10/2016 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I hear no injuries are reported and everything is fine. It's raining in NYC.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
CNN reporting that a witness from 27 years ago has come forward stating Trump told her he was going to kill Pence one day.

Details forthcoming

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
CNN reporting that a witness from 27 years ago has come forward stating Trump told her he was going to kill Pence one day.

Details forthcoming

That's funny.....as long as nobody was hurt, I guess a little humor is okay.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wonder if he made any negative comments towards opposition candidates this week?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

is this a joke.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Details forthcoming

The witness wishes to stay anonymous and does not seek legal action. They just thought this is a good time to bring it up.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The onl thing to add is that he was on his to a fundraiser that he will no longer attend.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

is this a joke.

Long day huh

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

yea it definitely has been eyes are re, and i need a beer so i dont get teh tremors...

anyway glad everyones ok

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm sure that there are those that are disappointed that no one was hurt.

hate to be the one to say it, but it's true.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm sure that there are those that are disappointed that no one was hurt.

hate to be the one to say it, but it's true.

Good god, why would you say that?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Fox had a producer on Board, and he is saying everybody is ok (were about 45 people on the plane).

Sounds like a real close call!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Fox had a producer on Board, and he is saying everybody is ok (were about 45 people on the plane).

Sounds like a real close call!

Good

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This happens several times a year at that airport. They built the runway too short.

Burbank airport in los angeles had a plane go off the runway. Through a fence and hit a bunch of cars in traffic on a major blvd several years ago

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Isn't that the one where a child was killed?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
This happens several times a year at that airport. They built the runway too short.

Burbank airport in los angeles had a plane go off the runway. Through a fence and hit a bunch of cars in traffic on a major blvd several years ago

I could never stand landing there. They make you fly so high above the city and then drop you like a stone on to a short strip. I would rather parachute In.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I worry about this sort of thing happening to Donald Trump as we get closer to the election, and he keeps gaining on Evil Hillary. I have no doubt that the U.S. government would sabotage some part of Trump's jet, if he gets too close for comfort.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

There’s a retro look to the aircraft flying Republican vice presidential candidate Mike Pence.

Aviation enthusiasts may recognize the Eastern Air Lines paint scheme on the Boeing 737-700 picked to shuttle Pence, Donald Trump's running mate, between campaign stops.
That’s because the old Eastern name and logo has been resurrected by a new Miami-based start-up carrier. The “new" Eastern made its first revenue flight in 2015 on a charter from Miami to Havana, Cuba.

Eastern spokesman Nicholas Loudon confirmed to Today in the Sky it is an Eastern 737 that's flying the Republican candidate for vice president. The aircraft is configured in an all-business class layout that can seat 62 passengers.

As for the current incarnation of Eastern, the company has said it intends to eventually launch regularly scheduled flights from U.S. airports. For now, however, the airline is focused on operating charter services to Cuba and destinations in the Caribbean region.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
LaGuardia frequently closes on rainy and snowy days, when it gets bad, because planes tend to hydroplane or slide on the runway. Delta lost a plane there last year, because they skidded off the runway, hit a wall and did significant structural damage to the aircraft. Southwest had a landing accident there in 2013, where the nose gear collapsed. There have been quite a few accidents at that airport, and it really should be shut down.

The aircraft was N278EA, a 737-700, construction number 28006. It first flew in 1998, and is operated by Eastern Airlines, who is leasing it from WLFC.
edit on 10/27/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join