It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm voting Trump because I care about women

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

You do realize that the title of your thread is "I'm voting Trump....." right???

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

those that worked so hard to ensure that he went down in history as the worst president (I have a feeling he isn't though). will now use his failure (which is really their failure to work with him on anything) as an example to be displayed for any other african american who might happen to run. it will be like..."see, this is what happened the last time we elected one of them!"..
and, more than likely they will try to do the same to hillary, or worse. but hillary has much more experience, might manage okay, regardless of what they throw at her, who knows.
but the op seems to be saying that we should vote for a candidate that doesn't really give much evidence at all that he is qualified for the position than risk a hillary failure.
only women didn't get to the position we are in today by avoiding such risks, why should we start now?
bush 2 was passed off to use a compassionate coservative, the chosen one of god, and well, quite frankly ended up being a war criminal, shall we now decide that no christian should over hold the office again?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I've shown complete respect for women this entire tread

I disagree.

Then please quote me and show exactly where I said something that disrespected women.

Her womanhood has nothing to do with it.

Tell that to America then. Some will listen, many won't. If you've read through this whole thread, you'll see my arguments on stereotypes. You'll need to read through all my posts anyway so you can find somewhere I disrespected women, so brush up on those arguments while you're at it.

The first American "black" president was illegitimatized as a non-American

Prove that

, foreign born,

Prove that

secret Muslim communist,

Prove that

married to a man

Prove that

and born of a white woman,

Is that supposed to be a racist comment?

who will go down as the "Worst president ever" that failed because of his health care reform policy.

How does that taint the office for the next "black" president?

Do you really have to ask? It's called a stereotype. You may not feel that his skin color had anything to do with it, and I certainly don't. But America is full of idiots who do, and each of their votes count just as much as yours and mine.
edit on 10/27/2016 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

You do realize that the title of your thread is "I'm voting Trump....." right???

Is there a point you are trying to make?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar
and how do you get the little girl with the math book safely to school with a bunch of religious wackos around waiting to throw acid in her face?

I'm not sure that's really been tried to be honest.
My solution would be free ipads with mobile data for all who request one and all who can't request one.

Unlimited access to educational material and each educational segment completed gives credits for full internet access.

The actual educational material would have to exclude anything which could be seen as biased. So it would be very basic, however it would also allow full internet access without restriction provided they "go to school".

Not a perfect solution, and there's thousands of aspects I haven't considered. But that's my answer.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

a reply to: windword
but the op seems to be saying that we should vote for a candidate that doesn't really give much evidence at all that he is qualified for the position than risk a hillary failure.

That seems to be wrong. It's a completely generalized statement that has nothing to do with the thread topic and what I've been saying. I put forth an argument about the negative impact that Hillary could likely have on women's rights. That's what this thread is about.

I feel like a kindergarten teacher right now trying to keep a bunch of toddlers in line.

only women didn't get to the position we are in today by avoiding such risks, why should we start now?

I have said I welcome a women President, but that Hillary will likely do more harm that good for women's rights. How is that so hard to understand?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Then please quote me and show exactly where I said something that disrespected women.

It's the whole premise of this thread. It's insulting to women, and the fact that you don't get that speaks volumes to your unawareness.

Prove that

Prove what? That that's the racist rhetoric going about?

Do you really have to ask? It's called a stereotype.

Try as you might, Barack Obama doesn't fit a stereotype.

Obama broke a kind of "glass ceiling" if its own. He was destine to bear the brunt of ignorant bigotry, and so is Hillary Clinton. It won't stop her, and it won't stop women from voting for her, any more than it will stop blacks, minorities, or anyone else really, from electing another black president.
edit on 27-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I put forth an argument about the negative impact that Hillary could likely have on women's rights.

Wait what? Which rights?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It's the whole premise of this thread. It's insulting to women, and the fact that you don't get that speaks volumes to your unawareness.

Then America is insulting to women, but not me. Are you saying it's insulting to women to bring up the fact that in America women are viewed differently than men? Cause that's all I've done. I've kept emotion and -isms out and talked about the situation as it is. And if you don't think people will look at Hillary differently than every President before her based on the fact that she is a women, then you really are blind to a huge problem in our society.

Prove that.

Prove what? That that's the racist rhetoric going about?

You're deflecting. The presidential nominees must be rubbing off on you. Prove (per your own words) that Obama, "The first American "black" president was illegitimatized as a non-American, foreign born, secret Muslim communist, married to a man"

Try as you might, Barack Obama doesn't fit a stereotype.

Lol, really? As un-PC as it may be, he's black, and to a lot of people that means he fits into black stereotypes.

Obama broke a kind of "glass ceiling" if its own. He was destine to bear the brunt of ignorant bigotry, and so is Hillary Clinton.

...And race relations haven't been worse since the Civil Rights movement...

It won't stop her, and it won't stop women from voting for her, any more than it will stop blacks, minorities, or anyone else really, from electing another black president.

To quote my OP,

And if you truly believe Hillary will be an amazing president (feminism aside), then, by all means, give her your vote.

Voting should be based on merit.

In addition, you're kind of proving my point here. You're saying that people are stereotyping and voting based on gender and/or race. That's what I'm saying will continue to happen, only that if Hillary does not do a good job, those stereotypes will get worse and the next female candidate will start in the mud because Hillary.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I put forth an argument about the negative impact that Hillary could likely have on women's rights.

Wait what? Which rights?

Women's rights, it says it right there. More so women equality, but that falls into women's rights.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You're saying that people are stereotyping and voting based on gender and/or race.

No, I'm saying that that is what you're saying.

...And race relations haven't been worse since the Civil Rights movement...

That's a bunch of (Republican) election hype. I don't believe that for a second!

Prove (per your own words) that Obama, "The first American "black" president was illegitimatized as a non-American, foreign born, secret Muslim communist, married to a man"

What?! This is the meme that Barack Obama has had to deal with, because he is our first African American president. Do you deny it? Hillary, if elected, will also have to deal with all kinds of lies and stereotypical memes. So what?

The reasons that Hillary Clinton is being criticized and categorized as "unfit to hold office" have nothing to do with feminine or womanly issues. If anything, she's proving that she/women can be just a cunning, corrupt and crooked as any male politician! She raises the bar for all women to be allowed to smile less, wear pants more often and be as nasty and calculating to our opponents as any man can.

And if you don't think people will look at Hillary differently than every President before her based on the fact that she is a women, then you really are blind to a huge problem in our society.

They'll look at a President Hillary Clinton not much differently than they looked at Hillary Clinton the Congresswoman, Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State, or Hillary Clinton, Democratic Presidential nominee. We've already seen whatever ramification of a female Hillary Clinton and we lived through it. We'll live through a female President Hillary Clinton too. History won't blame any Hillary Clinton Administration shortcomings on her womanhood!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Women's rights, it says it right there. More so women equality, but that falls into women's rights.

Like the right to reproductive choices?

What rights will women lose with her as president? What rights have blacks lost with Obama as president?

Do you think a female President Clinton will send women, barefoot and pregnant, back to the kitchen to make sandwiches? That's insulting! Sorry, it just it!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I feel like a kindergarten teacher right now trying to keep a bunch of toddlers in line.

and, I am getting the feeling that I am talking to a trump supporter who has come up with one of the lamest excuses ever as to why women shouldn't be voting for hillary!
so now that we've got our feeling out in the open....

I don't care what democratic women that would or could be put forward, people would start digging and digging, till they found some reason not to like her, as well as misrepresent stuff, heck even make up stuff to degrade her, just like they've done to hillary since the days of her husband's presidency.
so, by the time they got this close to the election, you would be saying the same thing about them....
heck I doubt if even condi rice would escape the onslaught!

I believe it was the last debate, I couldn't stay up late that night so the next morning I read the comments on this forum about it....
oh, hillary is about to cry, oh she's gonna pass out any minute, oh, oh , oh....
by the time I got to the end of that thread, I though for sure hillary must be on her deathbead!!!

I went and watched the debate.... she appeared healthy and holding her own throughout it. no tears.... nothing!!!!

ya know there is one thing that is for sure in this country....
lies don't help the voters make intelligent decisions they just leave the people frustrated trying to figure out just what is lies and what it truth till they finally give up on it.
and....
LIES AREN'T GONNA GET OUR COUNTRY OUT OF THE MESS IT IS IN!!!

edit on 27-10-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Your post doesn't make any sense to me. Vote Trump because Hillary will fail and make all woman look bad?

I got some advice. Take what you said and replace "Hilary" with Trump. I'll do it myself, here's a quote I redid for you:

However, if Trump wins, he will probably destroy any current positive perceptions of men in office. Should he win, after this extremely scandal-ridden campaign, I have no doubt he will continue to struggle with his past, present and future indiscretions. Any and all of his failures will be nationally known, so if he does not do a sparkling job with the presidency, there will be a skyrocket in stereotypes that say men are unfit for official positions. Looking at the long-term, I think electing him is really going to have negative repercussions for gender equality.

You're making the wild assumption Hillary will surely fail--and is already guilty of disqualifying indiscretions--and this will be pinned on all woman. Can't you see the problem? Even if you were right and she fails, why should it be pinned on all woman? The failings of one woman or one man don't reflect on the others. And you don't think it's possible your own prejudices or partisan bent is causing you to believe she has past and present indiscretions?

('m voting Hillary because I care about everybody. Trump is the biggest joke of a president I've ever seen. I have to vote Hillary just to make sure he doesn't get into the oval office. I know I've lived a short life and maybe there're worse nominees. It's a shame too. I might have voted for Jeb Bush or John Kasich. There're things I like about Rubio and Cruz. At least they respect government and have the experience to prove it, unlike Trump.
edit on 10/27/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

No, I'm saying that that is what you're saying.

You literally just stated, "it won't stop women from voting for her, any more than it will stop blacks, minorities, or anyone else really, from electing another black president." That's you saying people are voting based on stereotypes. Please try to keep up with your own thought process.

That's a bunch of (Republican) election hype. I don't believe that for a second!

Then you don't pay much attention to the world around you.

What?! This is the meme that Barack Obama has had to deal with, because he is our first African American president. Do you deny it? Hillary, if elected, will also have to deal with all kinds of lies and stereotypical memes. So what?

So I asked you for proof. You provided none because there is none. For Hillary there are mountains of proof to the allegations against her. Obama had to deal with memes that weren't true, not hard to do. Hillary, however, will have to deal with the REAL events that have happened in her life, the decisions REALly she made and the laws she REALly broke for the next four year... along with acting as President.

The reasons that Hillary Clinton is being criticized and categorized as "unfit to hold office" have nothing to do with feminine or womanly issues.

Right, but as you still don't seem to understand, my argument is that is not how many Americans will take it.

If anything, she's proving that she/women can be just a cunning, corrupt and crooked as any male politician

Yes, let us spotlight the woman who is a proven criminal. Who has escaped the laws of the justice system because of who she is. Let us show everyone that the law does not depend on whether you did something wrong, only whether you know the right people.

She raises the bar for all women to be allowed to smile less,

Why would anyone want to smile less?

wear pants more often

What's stopping them from doing that now?

and be as nasty and calculating to our opponents as any man can.

Trust me, I know how nasty and calculating some women can already be. I've never pissed off a woman enough to feel the wrath myself, but I've seen the terror.

And if you don't think people will look at Hillary differently than every President before her based on the fact that she is a women, then you really are blind to a huge problem in our society.

They'll look at a President Hillary Clinton not much differently than they looked at Hillary Clinton the Congresswoman, Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State, or Hillary Clinton, Democratic Presidential nominee.

You'd be surprised how many people don't know that Hillary was Secretary of State. However, everyone will know when she is President. Part of my argument on the exponential effects of her actions.

We've already seen whatever ramification of a female Hillary Clinton and we lived through it.

Um, her potential first term hasn't even started so how can you say we've seen the ramifications? We could have to wait as long as eight years before saying something like that.

We'll live through a female President Hillary Clinton too.

I sure hope so. But I'd also like my President to do a little more than just allow me to live.

History won't blame any Hillary Clinton Administration shortcomings on her womanhood!

History may not, but I can assure a lot of Americans will.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If you care about women so much, maybe you should ask women who to vote for.

What exactly makes electing a white man empowerment to women?

You can save me your sad sob story about Hillary, you owe America a Republican Woman nominee in the next election or I'm just never voting Republican again lololololololol. It's mind blowing you think the people expect the Democrats to hold your hand through this, and if your party dies, good riddance. I seriously hope it ends up over lack of diversity, the literal cancer the created politics in the first place.
edit on 27-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Like the right to reproductive choices?

What rights will women lose with her as president?

Ugh, the right to equality. Get your mind out of the gutter.

What rights have blacks lost with Obama as president?

Not sure why you keep bringing up Obama, his situation was completely different.

Do you think a female President Clinton will send women, barefoot and pregnant, back to the kitchen to make sandwiches? That's insulting! Sorry, it just it!

You're right, that's why I haven't said anything that even begins to broach that idea.

You have consistently overblown my comments into something more that they are in order to achieve a dramatic effect. I have tried to discuss the topic with you reasonably but you seem to only want to focus on how you believe I'm insulting women as opposed to discussing a perfectly legitimate concern about the negative impact Hillary's presidency could have on the women in America.

Are you really so hard-headed that you won't listen to reason? Then maybe YOU are part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If you actually cared about women you wouldn't want a conservative-dominated Supreme Court.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: scojak
a reply to: Black_Fox

If only... unfortunately we are stuck between a crock and an orange face.

Wonder what would happen.........

If everyone who said they wish they had a better choice, (which they do its called third party) ACTUALLY voted 3rd party.....

I bet you a peradime shift would happen......

"It will never happen" yeah because YOU NEVER MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Ugh, this old shtick. "Let's all think about what would happen if everyone did something and then blame the individuals for that not happening." Sheesh, give me a break.

My single vote is not going to change anything, so yes, it will never happen.

I'm not going to go be an activist because I honestly think it's a waste of time. People won't change their minds when presented with logical alternatives, so yes, it will never happen.

Oh so do nothing instead and continue to complain, and begrudge anyone who suggest ACTUALLY doing something........nice approach, been working out so well so far........
edit on 10/27/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

and, I am getting the feeling that I am talking to a trump supporter who has come up with one of the lamest excuses ever as to why women shouldn't be voting for hillary!

Lame how? If Hillary ends up being literally the worst President in history (like hand-down, WW3, collapse of the economy...), do you seriously not think that would have a sincerely damaging affect how people view women in positions of power? Of course it would. If you can't get past that then there is no point in even trying to reason with you.

And ya, that probably won't happen to that affect (fingers crossed), but her performance has to fall somewhere on a line of 'Complete Success' and 'Utter Failure'. My argument this whole time has been that should her performance end being closer to 'Utter Failure' it will have a huge ripple effect on the stereotypes of women.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join