It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC Pandering GONE WILD: "Iron Man" is now 15 year old black 'Iron Teenage Girl'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You're "disappointed" in me, yet you're the one who's making a huge fuss about Iron Man possibly being replaced by a 15 yr old African American girl? Not about the innocent victims of wars, the corruption in our banking system, or the fact that our supposedly wealthy country still has rampant homelessness. No; Iron Man's being replaced & that's the line you've drawn in the sand.

If you'd left it at that, I probably wouldn't have touched this thread. Characters change all the time & I remember when Superman died and then the 4 fakes replaced him. It happens. But then you tried to link this "scandal" to things like SJWs, PC culture, and even said this:

"Considering the primarily male demographic that are even in to comic books, business wise this decision by Marvel doesn't make any sense. "

If you notice, my first post in this thread simply addressed the fact that women now make up close to half of all comic book readers. So it actually does make sense for Marvel to introduce and highlight more female characters.

However, my 2nd post was a light hearted jab at the irony of people calling out SJWs and PC culture while being outraged over drawings for not being PC... uh, I mean, for not being "right". You honestly can't see the irony in this?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: introvert

Oh that's right, by denying social engineering's existence, in this conversation you're an expert on the subject and we should all just go back to bed. And CNN is truth. And Santa Clause is real. Anything else?

Yes, there is. Iron Man is a one-dimensional character drawn on a piece of paper, who in no way, matters.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Shut up.

Tony Stark is real.

Hater.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I dont know what article you read, but the one I cited explains it as him being replaced by 'teenage girl that nobody had better not mention what race she is or else'.

I linked it on page 1, but here I'll link it again:
io9.gizmodo.com...

Doctor Doom is one of the two new people taking on the role of Iron Man in this Fall’s “Marvel Now!” lineup, and to do so, he’s getting his own suit of Iron Man armor. In true Doom style, it’s been remade in his own image—and it’s a pretty awesome mash-up of Doctor Doom and Iron Man’s designs that really, really works.

edit on 25-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

"Rational criticism"?

You're being a cry baby... per usual.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: angeldoll

Shut up.

Tony Stark is real.

Hater.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

See my above response.

Social engineering is more about the targeting of youth (indoctrination).

The new ideology now is "Political Correctness", and its central tenet is that white men are white devils whom represent the Patriarchy, and all across pop culture now we see this sort of thing going on.

I.E. Ghostbusters, Star Wars, etc.

And when these overkill examples come along, and people criticize them, PC maniacs go nuts on those who DARE. Like we are seeing in this very thread.

It'd be entirely hilarious, except for the part that this very kind of stuff is part of the full scale social engineering effort to craft young minds into but more PC maniacs (aka SJW's).

edit on 25-10-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: enlightenedservant

UGH! I seriously can't with these people anymore, the whining and the tears is beyond human tolerance. Something tells me they were either smacked too much or not enough... either way someone messed up somewhere!

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind if they kept it to a minimum. But it's astounding that they apparently can't see that they have their own form of PC, and they loudly rail against anything that offends it. They keep projecting their own paranoia and insecurities onto everyone else, then act even more offended when people point it out.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Not if she "identifies" as a man. A middle aged white man.

Dude, is this an Atlanta reference? ;D

@Topic: Iron Man is/was a big movie franchise with a lot of kaboom and we know that Hollywood gets their equipment from the CIA, which in return get a say in the script.

This whole PC thing didn't came out of nowhere, someone is pushing this agenda really hard and it has diversion written all over it.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Didn't I just respond to a claim that she's only a mini-series sort of element?

This isn't about Dr. Doom. But now that you mention it, he's a man so they better replace him too.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Lol. Moving the goalposts back. First you were bitching about Iron Man being replaced by a teenage black girl and now that I showed you that there will still be a man as Iron Man, suddenly Doom isn't an acceptable conversation topic.

You are digging a hole now. You have no point for your OP and instead of admitting that you got outraged over nothing you are doubling down on your craziness.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind if they kept it to a minimum. B

Um, hello. I first noticed this story in July. I searched the site this morning and there were still ZERO results. SO i figured hey why not. But someone finally bringing it up in this huge diverse site is the real overkill here, not the story itself, nor this hateful barrage of responses I'm getting for daring to bring it up.
edit on 25-10-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: enlightenedservant

UGH! I seriously can't with these people anymore, the whining and the tears is beyond human tolerance. Something tells me they were either smacked too much or not enough... either way someone messed up somewhere!

Honestly, I wouldn't even mind if they kept it to a minimum. But it's astounding that they apparently can't see that they have their own form of PC, and they loudly rail against anything that offends it. They keep projecting their own paranoia and insecurities onto everyone else, then act even more offended when people point it out.

I like throwing their insults and hyperbole back in their face and usually label people like the OP as Conservative Justice Warriors (cjw's) and like telling them they get "triggered" over non-issues like in the OP.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Is that in the Dr Doom books, or in Iron Man main run? I didn't see Dr Doom in the TIME article. You brought it up. I didn't find any cause to bother responding, but now I'm the one moving the goalposts?

By the way, you guys really need to get more material than this 'moving the goalposts' thing that you over use not unlike you over react.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

My responses haven't been hateful. I actually think this is funny & the young lady character looks pretty cool. And like I said earlier, I wouldn't have even touched this if you didn't try to link this to PC culture, SJWs, and all that other stuff.

But you're the one who 1) made this into a political topic, hence the political responses; and 2) can't see the irony that's pretty obvious to most of us. The fact that you're seemingly offended by all of the critical replies is just making it even more ironic. It's like you intentionally stirred up a hornet's nest and then are crying foul when "hornets" appear.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Well clearly you didn't do enough research before jumping the gun and throwing a bitch fit. That's not my fault. It's yours. It took me two seconds of Googling to find that out about Dr. Doom and I hadn't even heard about this story before clicking on your thread here.
edit on 25-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

You didn't "dare" to bring it up. Bringing it up was asinine. I would like to see you say something like it was a spontaneous *brain drain" and now after looking at it, you regret it. Go ahead.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Responding to some other comments so far...

The election grows increasingly tedious, so I thought I'd throw some entertainment at the site. So far it's already proving to be a riot.

I dont read the IM comics. I maybe only had a total of 3 books as a kid. And like how I dont have to read it if I dont like it (for whatever reason), people dont have to read this critique.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

"Triggered"! I knew there was a buzzword I'd left out earlier. But yeah, I do too especially when it fits. I might have to borrow CJW...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

See my above response.

I have read all your replies on this thread.

Social engineering is more about the targeting of youth (indoctrination).

Social engineering is real and targets everyone.

The new ideology now is "Political Correctness", and its central tenet is that white men are white devils whom represent the Patriarchy, and all across pop culture now we see this sort of thing going on.

The new ideology is inclusion for all and there are white men whom have been so socially engineered that they believe any removal of their "power" is a slight against them. There are some white men out there that truly believe there is a genocide being perpetrated against the white man. OP do you believe you are being targeted? Do you feel you're on the endangered list? I don't.

I.E. Ghostbusters, Star Wars, etc.

Movies - They both had almost entirely white casts. How did these movies hurt your fragile ego?

And when these overkill examples come along, and people criticize them, PC maniacs go nuts on those who DARE. Like we are seeing in this very thread.

Look in the mirror.

It'd be entirely hilarious, except for the part that this very kind of stuff is part of the full scale social engineering effort to craft young minds into but more PC maniacs (aka SJW's).

So is your mind being crafted to hate anything that isn't white or male for the sake of being "anti-pc"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join