It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump PAC Caught Agreeing To Take Illict Foreign Donations, Promising Influence If Trump Wins?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This was just published on the Telegraph site a few hours ago.

Reporters pretending to be consultants for an unnamed Chinese donor contacted pro-Trump and pro-Clinton PACs. The pro-Clinton PACs didn't respond but the co-chairman of the pro-Trump Great America PAC, Eric Beach, called them back. According to the article this is PAC has the support of Giuliani and Eric Trump. Beach apparently had some concerns about the donor's identity and nationality but not so much that he didn't suggest that the reporters acting as "consultants" could funnel the $2 million through a 501(c)(4) — which aren't required to list donors or banned from accepting money from foreign donors.

Later, the reporters were contacted by a (one-time?) representative of the PAC, Jesse Benton. Here we'll pick up with the Telegraph article. (my bold below)

Exclusive investigation: Donald Trump faces foreign donor fundraising scandal

The reporter then received an email from Jesse Benton, a senior figure at the PAC until being convicted in May in connection with buying a senator’s endorsement on a prior campaign. He said he was a “consultant” and that Mr Beach had not wanted a “paper trail” of contact. He and the PAC later denied that he had worked for it at all since May.

Mr Benton proposed channelling the donation through his own company to mask its origin. It would then be passed on to two C4s before being donated by them to the PAC, or simply used to fund projects the PAC had already planned.

Mr Benton said the $2 million, for which he would submit an invoice for “appearances” would “definitely allow us to spend two million more dollars on digital and television advertising for Trump.” The Chinese benefactor's generosity would be “whispered into Mr Trump’s ear.” He said he had previously helped US donors conceal donations.

Mr Beach then said at the Vegas event last Wednesday: "Trump knows that you know, people have stuck with him … I’m not gonna twist your arm or anything, I just think that there’s no way that this group, and you guys have been participating indirectly or directly, won’t be remembered."

It defies reason to beleive that after Benton's contact wasn't at the behest of Beach. Clearly Benton contacting the reporter was a result of that reporter's call from Beach. A better excuse from Beach might have been that he'd mentioned it to Benton and Benton went rogue.

+31 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hoax bin.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Mr Benton said the $2 million, for which he would submit an invoice for “appearances” would “definitely allow us to spend two million more dollars on digital and television advertising for Trump.” The Chinese benefactor's generosity would be “whispered into Mr Trump’s ear.” He said he had previously helped US donors conceal donations.

Sounds like a SETUP Scam there .

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Sources within the other sources say.

Like'n it.

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Have you been reading Hillary and her evil trained minions emails?

This is all part of their desperate strategy to make Trump LOOK as bad as SHE actually is, lol. Go CTR somewhere else with this BS.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They've got the emails and I would image audio of phone calls.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Nice try. Next.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You mean like HRC did over the last 30 years? Good. I hope he does.

Im simply unconcerned with ANYTHING you have to say anymore.

We require no more of your input this election cycle.

TRUMP 2016.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This is all part of their desperate strategy to make Trump LOOK as bad as SHE actually is, lol. Go CTR somewhere else with this BS.

It's a Hillary plot because it is bad for Donald???? There is film and audio.
edit on 24-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

You mean like HRC did over the last 30 years? Good. I hope he does.

Im simply unconcerned with ANYTHING you have to say anymore.

We require no more of your input this election cycle.

TRUMP 2016.

30 years? This is the first time she has ran for President.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This thread is NOT in the Mud Pit.

It is safe to say that the T&C is in effect. As such, no personal attacks or muck raking or trollery of any kind will be tolerated. If you feel the need to troll, please find a thread in the Mud Pit -- really, it would be easier all the way around.

Anyway, please note that posts will be removed as deemed appropriate. You also run the very real risk of having your posting privileges suspended. Not at all a fun venture, so let's not go there.

Remember that posts removed as political trollery automatically count as TWO warnings.

Let's try maintain some semblance of civility. Consider this fair warning.

As always, do NOT reply to this post.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
odd, the article i read says

were prepared to accept millions of dollars

were prepared

Should trump have asked them to donate it to his charity instead? like Clinton?
Should trump have asked them to pay it as speaking fee's ? like Clinton?
Is there any proof this actually happened? or is this another DNC hit piece like the dozen women coming forward with bogus assault claims.

Funny that all these hit pieces of Trump that have no evidence or proof only come out when another damning hit piece on Clinton comes out. Vertias III.. has evidence and videos...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Metallicus

It's a Hillary plot because it is bad for Donald???? There is film and audio.

So what? Are we going to go vote for Hillary now? No.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I'm curious, what is it you like about a Hillary administration?

why do you insist on doing all you can to help her get into office?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
lastly... if you want to moan about foreign donations.. read this:

t.co...

If I told you that Democratic Party lobbyist Tony Podesta, whose brother John Podesta chairs Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, is a registered foreign agent on the Saudi government’s payroll, you’d probably think I was a Trump-thumping, conspiratorial nutcase. But it’s true.

The lobby firm created by both Tony and John Podesta in 1988 receives $140,000 a month from the Saudi government, a government that beheads nonviolent dissidents, uses torture to extract forced confessions, doesn’t allow women to drive, and bombs schools, hospitals and residential neighborhoods in neighboring Yemen.

The Podesta Group’s March 2016 filing, required under the Foreign Agents Registration Act of 1938, shows that Tony Podesta himself oversees the Saudi account. At the same time, Tony Podesta is also a top campaign contributor and bundler for Hillary Clinton. So while one brother runs the campaign, the other brother funds it with earnings that come, in part, from the Saudis.

this isnt a case of '' willing to accept '' this is a case of a foreign government (heavily involved in ISIS) funding the Clinton Campaign.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Also reported in The Hill

This bit was in the Hill report

Beach allegedly told the reporter to send the money through a non-profit, which does not have to disclose its donors and does not ban foreign money. Then, the non-profit could donate to the super-PAC legally with donations that originated from a foreign source. Beach, the Telegraph goes on to claim, told the reporter during a phone conversation that the donor could have access to Trump if he wins the White House

As I recall, this isn't the first time that the Trump campaign has gotten into trouble with this same issue (either through ignorance of the laws or deliberate attempts to circumnavigate the rules) - when they were caught emailing foreign dignitaries (who protested) asking for donations

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

You do know how to light a bonfire.

Didn't take long for the Fire Brigade to try to stamp it out.

Will be interesting if this is proven. I wonder if it will have any effect.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Will be interesting if this is proven. I wonder if it will have any effect.

Difficult to say. The Feds already called the campaign out earlier this year for attempting to solicit foreign countries for money. There is no evidence (that I've seen) that suggests Trump himself said "go find some Chinese"... but what it does speak to (if proven) is that he does NOT know how to pick people whose talents are appropriate for their job.

...similar to his not being able to pick contractors (after more than 30 years in business) who could not do a job on time and to satisfaction (based on the large number of people he has refused to pay because he said they did a poor job.)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join