It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two New Moonlets of Uranus and A Mysterious Object Headed Toward Earth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I just like to share a couple of space news articles I found, one regarding the recently discovered 2 moonlets on Uranus' rings that somehow reminds me of Norman R. Bergrun's book The Ringmakers of Saturn.

These rings display a previously unnoticed wavy pattern, suggesting that they're being pulled at by two tiny moons.

"These patterns may be wakes from small moonlets orbiting exterior to these rings," the researchers write in their paper on the pre-print site arXiv.org.

So why didn't Voyager 2 see these moons as it zipped past?

The researchers suggest these moons are so tiny, and also so dark, that they would have blended into the background for the spacecraft. Being "dark" means they barely reflect any light, as is the case with most of the moons in the area, and also Uranus's dark rings.

Source: We might have just discovered 2 dark moons hidden near Uranus

The other one is a Mysterious Object With 20,000-Year Orbit Headed Toward Earth:

The icy extraterrestrial body, which was supposed to have become dislodged from its orbit by now is gradually changing its trajectory and moving towards the sun from within the Oort cloud into the Kuiper belt, something that has never been seen before.

Researchers believe that L91’s trajectory is influenced by another mysterious body lurking in the outer reaches of the solar system, the unknown giant Planet Nine, aka Planet X.

There were 2 previous threads about this back in February 2008 by mikesingh and Terrapop, I'm not sure if they're connected.
edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

I don't think we have to worry

Although L91 orbits our solar system’s sun, it never comes closer than 50 astronomical units, and at its farthest extreme it is a whopping 1,430 AU away. Each AU equals the distance between the Sun and Earth.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I love when they find new items around Uranus!!

Thanks for the new info!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Mysterious Object With 20,000-Year Orbit Headed Toward Earth:

Should be changed to:

Meteor with 20,000 year orbit moving in vaguely general direction of Earth, but won't come anywhere close.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Haha my mind totally went in the gutter.

In all seriousness though, this planet X stuff never seems to go away, does it? I agree with the title change.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yes I agree another click-bait title and who doesn't like any news about Uranus? L91 has something to do with Planet Nine, still trying to figure it out. Here's a couple of more links last January:

Scientists Say A Neptune-Sized ‘Ninth Planet’ Lurks Beyond Pluto
Caltech Researchers Find Evidence of a Real Ninth Planet

Again in connection with the 2 previous threads by mikesingh and Terrapop... should I stop wearing my tinfoil hat? Why is this old Planet X/Niburu thing keeps popping up?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yep. Bogus headline from a bogus website.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
2 Dark moons hidden near Uranus?

I think I saw that movie on the interwebz...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_
That could be the case but I found this from nature.com, the caltech.edu link also bogus?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

YourNewsWire is not a legitimate site and appears to be quoting yet another dodgy site, ancientcode.com, which is probably quoting the legitimate site science.com

Unfortunately, each site appears to have taken the opportunity to add their 'spin' to the original article, making it something that it isn't, through a process of Internet 'chinese whispers'.

Here's the space.com article.

edit on 23/10/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers
Butt jokes? Oh hell, why not?

Asteroid.
Hemorrhoid.

Coincidence?

edit on 10/23/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
I love when they find new items around Uranus!!

Perhaps they're clingons.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva

Again in connection with the 2 previous threads by mikesingh and Terrapop... should I stop wearing my tinfoil hat? Why is this old Planet X/Niburu thing keeps popping up?

The Kuiper/Oort objects the astronomers call 'planet X' are not the same thing the Nibirunians call 'planet X'. Same words, different meaning.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Thank you for the link, it's similar to the nature.com article linked above.

a reply to: Bedlam
Thank you for pointing that out but what I mean is, please correct me if I misunderstood the anomaly in Neptune's orbit that points to Planet X/Nibiru or Planet Nine and L91 as an explanation to the Kuiper Belt exhibiting unexpected clustering and Neptune's weird behavior, that is, if the experts can figure out the math. Please see the Caltech article link above.

There's also this article from nature.com last March On the hunt for a mystery planet and another old article (2009) from iopscience.iop.org.

Maybe I'm trying too hard to connect it to the 2 old ATS threads?

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Greggers
Butt jokes? Oh hell, why not?

Asteroid.
Hemorrhoid.

Coincidence?

Both can create quite an inflammation.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

who doesn't like any news about Uranus?

Frankly, the less I hear from it the happier I am.

edit on 24/10/16 by Astyanax because: of another thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I vote to name these 2 new moons, Clinton and Trump

The perfect couple to hang around......... Uranus

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Village Idiot

More like ejected from

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

I don't think we have to worry.

Wrongo!

OP the purpose of the recent 'discoveries' is to pave the way for the imminent announcement of Planet X and its passage.

I have well over a years worth of documentation am it is now a proven fact that planet x is near and of coarse real!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Wrongo!

You've been spouting that "it's almost here" or "it will be here very soon" or "we will see it next week", yet it never has.

BTW, when's it due this time? Your last date of May/June completely failed, didn't it?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join