It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitchens and Fry: Debate- Catholic Church a Force of Good in the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I love listening to Christopher Hitchens demolish anything from political figures to the pious, and the day he died; the world lost a great, great thinker. Stephen Fry is also a tremendous voice when it comes to debating religion, the Catholic Church in particular.

Here are two videos, of the Late, and Great Christopher Hitchens, and the equally palpable Stephen Fry at a debate called "The Catholic Church as a Force of Good in the World"

I only wish to have been able to have had the luck and ability to experience Christopher Hitch-Slapping in my life, but alas. In my humblest opinion, he is one of the most well spoken activists to the religious, and the overzealous.

I hope you enjoy these wonderful speeches, and wonderful men as I do.
edit on 23-10-2016 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
I love listening to Christopher Hitchens demolish anything from political figures to the pious, and the day he died; the world lost a great, great thinker. Stephen Fry is also a tremendous voice when it comes to debating religion, the Catholic Church in particular.

Here are two videos, of the Late, and Great Christopher Hitchens, and the equally palpable Stephen Fry at a debate called "The Catholic Church as a Force of Good in the World"

I only wish to have been able to have had the luck and ability to experience Christopher Hitch-Slapping in my life, but alas. In my humblest opinion, he is one of the most well spoken activists to the religious, and the overzealous.

I hope you enjoy these wonderful speeches, and wonderful men as I do.

Fixed your links for you.

Looking forward to this discussion. Will watch the videos and come back.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

That's the full debate.
Apologies to anyone who clicks the link and has to listen to Ann.

Just thought the whole story should be shown.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Soft target, no points for going after a lame duck
Sawft

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Thank you. Dont know what happened there..

And krahzef, i was thinking about adding the full debate as well but thought three vids in one post was a little much. Thank you though

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Soft target, no points for going after a lame duck
Sawft

What?

Explain?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

Hitchens beat up a cripple
Eta, isn't it sad when you have to explain the obvious
edit on 23-10-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What are you on about?

Only results are of him being beat up by 6 or 7 thugs in Beirut

eta: He only beats up mental cripples. And beats up with his verbage
edit on 23-10-2016 by Iconic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hitchens was a knowledgeable and erudite journalist, critic, and essayist, but was just phoning it in toward the end of his career. His atheist book is a mess, and if it had come from a less-controversial writer the publishers would have sent it back to be rewritten while sober (at best) or just tossed it in the bin (at worst).

Stephen Fry is a moderately amusing comedian who has somehow become a national treasure, and has adjusted his opinion of himself accordingly.

I'm sure watching these videos would pass the time agreeably, and provide some entertainment, but...

new topics

top topics

join