It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People sure are reporting seeing a lot of strange things - Some reports from NUFORC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So, I happened upon the NUFORC (National UFO Reporting Center) website, and spent some time browsing through the reports submitted there.
I admit that I am not familiar with the NUFOR organization, and how it vets these kind of reports, but there was some pretty strange incidents published there.

I have just chosen two that seemed very interesting.

The first is an alleged pastor who had a daylight encounter with what would appear to be a "classic disc".

You can access the original report here.

In this instance he also reports having managed to take a photograph of this "object".

The other one I chose was a family who witnessed a "smear" in the sky that resolved into a "triangle" with a red blinking light.

Original report is here

I am posting this because one thing that I hear often is that all the "good UFO encounters" happened in the past, and now there are just CGI and hoaxers.
If you spend some time going through all these submitted reports, there really are some very odd things being reported, along with what would seem to be more mundane and readily explainable things.

I also wondered if anyone here is familiar with the NUFORC organization, and can tell us a little about what happens with reports such as these? Are they investigated at all, or are they just published on the website and forgotten?

It is, of course, entirely possible that a lot of these are trolls posting bogus reports for the "lulz", because some people are really that obnoxious, which would render the whole database entirely worthless.

This is another reason why I wondered if anyone knows how these kinds of reports are followed up.

Anyone?

BT

edit on 23-10-2016 by beetee because: I can't spell apparently

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

I wish we could obtain the picture the pastor took.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

Well, yes, that would be very nice. I am also a bit perplexed that did not publish the photo along with the report on their website. Seems rather odd that it should have been left out, if they ever got it in the first place.

I should think that if they were serious in investigating these kind of encounters they would have scrabled to obtain the photgraph and do a thorough interview with the good pastor.

BT

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Other morning out on the patio just before 7 am,I thought I saw a strange cloud,so I had my field glasses near it was a giant silver disc,I even got my ex who never believed in them to look at it,I;m a retired estimator had to be maybe 2 miles in circumference,moving very slowly,then disappeared,I've seen quite a few in my lifetime but none that big,it was over the Palm Desert,real high in sky

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Here are two more, this time the somewhat familiar triangles.

First is a mother and daughter that sees a low flying triangle while driving. The daughter takes a photograph, which causes the triangle to immediately react and then ..disappear.

Original report.

As taking a picture in the dark through glass with flash is hardly "best practice" I am guessing the picture did not amount to much, but I thought that the reaction from the triangle to the picture being taken was interesting.

The other one is a massive triangle that moves very fast (crosses entire sky in under 10 seconds).

Original report

I think we have seen qute a lot of these reports now, and they are all eerily similar.

No doubt there are still a lot of weird things being witnessed, so not only poor cgi on youtube after all.

BT

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

That is very interesting. Did you report it anywhere?
I am not going to ask if you took a photograph of it, because if you did I am sure we should have seen it by now.. :-)

Thank you for sharing.

BT

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Great thread and there really are some very strange reports submitted to the site, have you heard the audio archive - it's well worth a listen (although at 44 recorded hours it's a bit of a big one).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

No, actually I haven't :-)

LOL - 44 hours?

Thank you for the link.

BT

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Good idea for a thread. The NUFORC is basically the work of Peter Davenport. Virtually a one man operation with a bit of assistance.

The problem is that he seems to collate all these UFO reports (many filed on the web site by witnesses). But the data seems to be put to very little use. If it is then there is virtually no publicity involved. Peter Davenport appears quite often on Coast to Coast AM radio in North America. See : www.coasttocoastam.com...

He basically gives a shout out of a few cases and then he's gone for another month.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Well, it is a bit sad that all these reports are just sitting there gathering ... not even dust I guess..

I found the organization has an entry on Wikipedia.

Allegedly some police departments are even forwarding information to his database.

But if here is little vetting of information and no follow up, I guess there is no way to separate the wheat from the chaff...

BT

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'll just add one more report to the thread for now and encourage everyone who are interested (and maybe a bit tired of the usuall youtube stuff) to go have a look at the database for themselves.

Maybe you can find some other really interesting ones, as there seems to be no shortage of reports to sift through.

I picked this one because it is from the UK and allegedly was both reported to the police, the local press and the reporter claims to have been in the airforce himself and thus being somewhat qualified to evaluate what he saw.

Read full report here.

If this was indeed reported to the police and the press then maybe someone might have seen this report before and can comment on it. There were also multiple witnesses.

BT

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think there are probably far more strange sightings than the less strange UFO sightings, it's just that they're either ignored or the sighting is not reported due to the high strangeness.
A sighting I had earlier this year, was of a non moving orb of light which appeared at one point in the sky before fading away, then a few seconds later it reappeared a small distance (about an outstretched hands width) away, again not moving only fading away. Then the strange part, seconds after the second orb of light faded away, a plane (could only see its lights) appeared from where the first orb of light appeared, flew towards where the second appearance of the orb took place, reached that point and just disappeared.
A family member witnessed it with me, but I never reported it.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Jake27

Hey you saw a countermeasure sysyem that they rig to military aircraft. It creates a dielectric field around it to change the refractive index of large band radar and optical ranges of EM.

It is a rig built into the plane. When an incoming missile is launched at it the device activates. Essentially it warps the light emminating or reflecting off it much like a funhouse mirror..

A bettar anology would be how the refraction index of a pencil inserted into water is different from the part above the water. It looks warped or bent. If you were to try and stab at the tip of the pencil in the water using your perspective from outside the water as a reference point youll find the tip of the pencil is not where it appears to be and you miss all together.

So same idea but for incoming missiles (in particular soviet ones that have very good optical tracking) that utilize visual tracking to hone in on their target (a b2 bomber or b21 or whatever)

So even though the aircraft may still be travelling on a normal course to the observer it will appear like streaks or hovering and then teleporting. Etc. Its not. Its an optical trick.

When you observed it it pulled the same trick on you. Including the second orb. When it shut off the system they were testing there an aircraft was right where the first irb seemed to be.

Also there are other even moreinteresting types of irbs out there that exploit the fact that a plasma bloom when teased just right will function like a non linear medium. You can get all sorts of voodoo out of those and theyre scaleable from softbal sized to aircraft and can be mounted on aircraft or even man portable and carried around in the field. But not aliens.

Same trick works on certain wavelengths used by radar too. So it casts off the radar or optical EM at all sorts of craxy angles and you radar station and missile are spoofed.

OP.

The silvery discs. Similar concept for altering in freaky ways the refraction index but used instead for propulsion. They may be dull in color but again due to the funhouse effect may look shiny and glinting. Or blurry or invisible at least from your point of vantage.

They are more oldschool and inherently dangerous. And unstable. Which is why they sometimes look wobbly.

The triangle with the deep red light in the center us using a process called quantum optical squeezing. If you look up the term youll see a bunch of vanilla stuff about compressing information in fiber optical lines. Dig deeper. See what you can do with it when combined with a super conductor and how that effects the signals mixing properties and results.

That glowing sometines pulsing, deep red light is a type of phase conjugate laser creating a "dark" soliton to manipulate a thin layer of plasma surounding the triangle. It essentially creates a EM resonant plasma cavity to fit the craft inside of. Inside that cavity you can using that laser and signals mixing and a few superconductors (3 in this case) to achieve a special form of quantum optical squeezing that replicates casimir like effects on a macro scale. Reduces mass. Much safer than the old discs. Basically uses Cavity Quantum Electro Dynamic concepts.

Also smeared streaked light. Someones altering refractive indicies for ECM, radar evasion and if tuned right sonething very very interesting propulsion wise.

UFOs may look strange but if you understand their propulsion theyre less mysterious.
edit on 23-10-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Interesting post, thanks. I can't think of anything to add, other than F22s were visiting during that time.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Peter Davenport is very interested in fireball sightings.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

That makes sense. F22s gotta evade optically tracking surface to air and air to air missiles too.

PM me if you want and i can elaborate on much of the above.

Also the triangle that just went invisible. Not so strange either. There are ways to emit photons so they dont get observed literally from a quantum decoherence stand point by the brain. Youll see everything except the craft emitting their specially tuned photons. Youre literally not physically capable of "observing" the triangle. No the photon remains a waveform and not an observable particle. To your brain the light emitted from the craft literally doesnt exist cause you cant reconstruct the quantum data of its photons anymore and thus observe them. The old is it a wave or a particle question. Being a particle in this case is highly dependant on the person doing the observation in the first place.

Does have some flaws though like if your sick and have something interfering with your senses like severe colds etc.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Also sorry about my spelling. Im not drunk just handicaped by my android and its cracked screen.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Yes, there are numerous sigthings not very different from your own in the database NUFORC has up.
I guess I succumbed to my own bias of what constitute an interesting UFO sighting when I picked the ones I did, because I will freely admit to being bewildered by much of the so called High Strangeness cases.

But it is there in the database, in astounding numbers.

I will try to find a few and post as examples.

BT

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Hi BASSPLYR.

Thank you for contributing.

It is, in my view, quite possible that many of the UFO cases are indeed glimpses of highly advanced military systems. That's why such a raw database of unfiltered reports is so valuable. Until such systems are aknowledged, I guess we shall have to keep referring to them as Unidentifieds.

As a matter of fact, I think I also caught a few references to a fast moving green light in a few reports too... ;-)

BT

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Well, it is a bit sad that all these reports are just sitting there gathering ... not even dust I guess..

....But if here is little vetting of information and no follow up, I guess there is no way to separate the wheat from the chaff...

Exactly.

It seems to be just Peter and his webmaster. While I commend both their efforts, what does Peter really achieve by collecting all these reports? He can't really investigate them himself. Yes there are some nice accounts of cases he considers best cases : www.nuforc.org...

The website is still using old fashioned HTML when web technologies have got far beyond this. No criticism intended again. I assume this is all done for the love of the topic, probably budgets are tight and skills are limited to the two people running the site. To their credit it is fully functional as well.

I'm sure we could all scan through for an interesting story and do a few internet searches to corroborate it. But all that information is just sitting there. It could be cross referenced with weather reports, flight paths, star maps, planetary alignments and other UFO reports for a clearer and deeper analysis. Perhaps it's lack of interest or maybe lack of trust with other parties? I don't know.

I know Peter Davenport has worked hard to get NUFORC where it is today and without him there may well be nothing at all. I just feel the data collected is mainly going to waste.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join