It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefights, Airstrikes, and Battles: Highlights of World War 3

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

They didn't call them home. All but Eisenhower have either been in workups or maintenance for the last year or more. Eisenhower ended her deployment, and the Navy declined to extend it. As of the end of December, the only deployed carrier was Ike, who had left the Gulf to return home after 7 months.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

well then, I guess there are not 3 carrier groups deployed in Asia Pacific. my bad. Must be that fake news again.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Pacific covers everywhere from a couple hundred miles off the West Coast doing workups, to Australia. All that tells you is that they left port.

Nimitz completed testing and evaluation December 8th, and as of the 21st was in Washington. She still needs to qualify air crews before she can deploy.

Vinson is probably deploying. She completed exercises late in November, meaning she was ready to deploy. She's most likely heading to 6th Fleet to replace Ike.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Thanks just checking my Sources. It woudl be quite odd if all of them were called home at the same time.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Last I looked, just off the West Coast is the Pacific. The Navy status link just shows "Pacific" for Nimitz and Vinson.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

They're years behind on maintenence and it finally caught up to them. Lincoln just got back in the water after RCOH, with Washington playing training carrier while she waits to go in, after Lincoln is moved clear. The rest have been in more minor maintenance, but the average has been 3-6 months minimum.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Patrick Lancaster reporting from Ukraine December 22.

Ukraine force opened fire on LPR positions with artillery, sniper fire, and small arms breaking Minsk agreements. We were in the LPR trenches when intense battle erupted, Here is unedited video of the point when the LPR position we were in was complete bombarded with artillery.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Information War! White Helmets - The Mask of Terror is an expose by ANNA News agency into the truth behind this white helmets myth of a neutral agency tasked with helping civilians. The reality is a bit more complicated, with insiders confessing they were told they had to be actors in order to be paid from foreign sponsors and even having to work alongside the same men who beheaded a Syrian child last year. Truly disturbing material.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Carl Vinson is now heading to WestPac. She departed San Diego Thursday morning with USS Michael Murphy, USS Wayne E. Meyer, and USS Lake Champlain, and Carrier Air Wing 2 embarked on board. This will be the first time a carrier has crossed the International Date Line, and remained under Third Fleet Command since WWII.

I did some more digging, and Nimitz won't be eligible to deploy until later this year. She went out in October to perform post maintenance trials, and is out now beginning her aircrew qualifications, and more trials. She completed a 20 month maintenance cycle that started in January 2015, and finished in September.

edit on 1/8/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/8/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

cool! Here is a video I found in that regard.
I think there are preparations for some interesting events this year, which some on the inside would know about more-so than any of us civilians. But we can speculate.

Also, the Iranians approached another Naval vessel again in the SoH, but were shooed away after some warning shots were fired.

I can't imagine why they have grown so cocky after the Nuclear agreement.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
We been hearing about the rotation of NATO armor going into Poland this last week, so lets take a look at some of that armor during loading and transport.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

You put allot of work into this thread...right or wrong S&F

One good resource on the strategic picture of Syria (when the channel is not begging for money) is Southfront youtu.be...

As far as China and the island building campaign it is not going away anytime soon... so yes one way or the other if the USA pushes it there is going to be more than just a war of words unless someone backs down. youtu.be...

The Australian PM is getting cold feet and wants no part of a conflict with China... Probably rightly so for they would be in the thick of a shooting match. youtu.be...

A major fly in the pudding is India.. On one hand they say they will not put up with Chinese aggression and are supposedly building up their military assets to counter China... But...everyone is building up their militaries...S.E. Asia not counting Vietnam IMO will go with who ever seems to have the upper hand; but will change sides at the drop of a hat if which side they have picked appears to be losing...
Japan and Taiwan would fight to the last man IMO.

Now anyone with half a brain or some skyfairy to pray to, better hope and pray none of this goes down and ends up in a real shooting war. War is not nice and this time I doubt the cities of the USA will be spared just as other cities through out the world will get to see massive destruction in their own back yard. What a friggen waste

edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Thank you for contributing
. I have been out of the loop since the New Year on China Pacific front. I don't believe a blockade is even going to be effective as China will confront and counter any such moves with direct force. I believe Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar will end up swallowed up in a Chinese USSR type dragon hybrid collective. Thailand may try and remain neutral, and could get away with it if the actual shooting is limited to Naval skirmishes out on the water.

These modern operations do not really call for mass invasions of the cities and countryside, but will end up with lots of Island Hopping like WW2. The Koreans would pretty much use it as an excuse to go hot with each other for a quickie me thinks. Hopefully We are as committed to Japan as we say we are, as I suspect that will be where China pushes its leverage with Diplomacy, as well as a bit of arm twisting.

I don't believe India wants any part of a mass war, and will likely remain neutral throughout such a conflict. The Chinese tend not to be as coercive as India's Western partners, and any push to elicit compliance from India may turn them towards our rival rather than just staying neutral. The mindsets right now in those two countries is, "we are the 21st century of Earth". It would be prudent to not be pushy with both of those nuclear powers at the same time. They do essentially make up nearly half the entire human race population after all.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a recent naval skirmish off Yemen coast. Saudi ship shells coastal targets, is then hit with guided missile in return fire.

Published on Jan 30, 2017

At least two sailors were killed on board a Saudi warship during an attack on the vessel off the coast of Yemen, with footage purportedly showing the strike released on Monday. Local Houthi forces, who are currently battling Saudi-backed fighters loyal to exiled President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi in Yemen, have stated the vessel was hit by an anti-ship missile. However, Saudi military sources have claimed that the attack was caused by “suicide boat” attack.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Thanks to D8Tee for letting us know that the Baltic war games in Poland's Zagan Military Training Area have begun. I'll keep an eye out for some good highlights through the week, but here is what we have so far.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: D8Tee
And now some footage from the training exercises.

Germans are also deployed

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
There was some recent activity on the Syrian front near some place called al-Bab over the last week. This first clip has tanks, artillery, helicopter strikes, MLRS, technicals with AA, ground battles, ATGM strikes, mortars, and other such activity from start to finish.

Here some more ground forces engaging each other from a different day.

ISIS claims to have repelled the attacks and advance against them, who knows if thats true.

ISIS has claimed that they were able to repel an attack by Euphrates Shield forces on Bazzah. Bazzah is located 2 km East of the strategically important town of Al-Bab, just 30 km south of the Syria-Turkey border. It was previously though that Euphrates Shield seized the town from ISIS militants earlier today. ISIS didn’t provide any data regarding casualties sustained or inflicted, but they did say that two SVBIEDs were used to hold off the Turkey-backed FSA’s assault.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
i found this, a compilation video of many Russian and Syrian airstrikes (maybe Turkish a well??) that someone put together. There are actually many good close in camera shots of these things dropping ordnance, and some of them trying to shoot them down with AA from pickups.

Also this recent upload from purports to show a weaponized drone produced (or perhaps provided to?) by ISIS. I may not be an expert in digital CG, but this looks more like some clever visual effects on a PC with some possible acting. If its real though, it seems they have managed to attach explosives onto this solar powered drone and can drop them over a target with moderate accuracy. It looks like they have to be right above hem though, maybe no more than a couple hundred feet, if that. I still think its just propaganda though..

edit on 2-5-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Here the Saudi's continue to demonstrate to the world just how much they suck at their ground game. How very typical of them. They should really get some lessons from the Israeli's or Germans or something.

Al-Masdar News
Yemeni Houthi forces have foiled two attempts by the Saudi army and its allies to advance toward Medi area. The Houthis militia were able to ambush two convoys of the Saudi forces resulting in the destruction of five armored vehicles and killing of at least 20 saudi and its allied fighters. Following the attack on the Saudi forces by the Houthis, their media team released an eight minute video of them repelling the attack and ambushing the opposition forces in Medi on the outskirts of Saudi Arabia’s southern Jizan area.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

War in Syria - FSA Fighters with Turkish Forces During Clashes Around al-Bab

The Battle of al-Bab includes a military offensive launched by Syrian rebel groups (including groups affiliated with the Free Syrian Army) and the Turkish Armed Forces north of al-Bab in the Aleppo Governorate, and a separate Syrian Democratic Forces offensive east of the city. The northern operation intends to capture al-Bab from the Islamic State as part of the Turkish military operation in Syria.

Al-Bab is a town administratively belonging to the Aleppo Governorate. Al-Bab is located 40km northeast of Aleppo, 30km south of the Turkish border, and has an area of 30 square kilometres (12 square miles).

In December 2016, following the fall of Aleppo to the Syrian government with assistance from Russia and Turkey, al-Bab came under renewed attack by Syrian rebels backed by Turkey.

The rebels moved their focus from the western countryside of al-Bab so to avoid confrontation with the Syrian Democratic Forces, and launched an assault against the Islamic State north of al-Bab.

Rebel forces managed to enter the northern outskirts of al-Bab, but were facing stiff resistance.

After failing to penetrate al-Bab from the north or west, rebel and Turkish forces started assaults from the east. On 8 January, Turkish-backed rebels captured Um Adasa and Makri Hill near Bizaah. The next day, the rebels once again advanced near Bizaah, capturing Zammar and Asfar Tepe. With these advances, the rebels were attempting to flank al-Bab from the east. Still, in the period between 1 and 14 January, the rebels made eight attempts to capture the nearby village of Al-Suflaniyah, with all of them being repelled. At one point, on 13 January, the rebels managed to capture Suflaniyah temporarily, but had to retreat from it after an IS counter-attack.

The Syrian Army launched an assault led by Tiger Forces on 17 January from the south, capturing a village to the south of the city. The United States Armed Forces meanwhile stated that they had carried out airstrikes against ISIL near al-Bab. Russia and Turkey meanwhile carried out their first joint airstrikes against ISIL, targeting it in suburbs of al-Bab.

Battle of al-Bab continues.

POV Cams

Video footage shows Turkish backed Syrian FSA rebels in heavy clashes, fighting and firefights with ISIS in northern Syria.

The fighting features several GoPro cameras strapped on Rebels fighting with AKs and on the top of pick up trucks with heavy machine guns such as the Browning M2 .50 cal

Video shows GoPro tank turret cams of Syrian rebel tanks in heavy combat with the Syrian army in Syria.

edit on 2-10-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Oh it appears there has been renewed fighting near Donetsk in the Ukraine. Looks cold out there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join