It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefights, Airstrikes, and Battles: Highlights of World War 3

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Man I should do a thread just for Aleppo, the Russians are showing the world EVERYTHING from both sides. This stuff is, well I am glad I don't know anybody there. Wouldn't wish this stuff on anyone.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well, some serious clashes, heavy shelling, and other reports from the front in Aleppo.

Plus Russia just stomped some serious ass in the last 24 hours.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Etherguide

here some details

Published on Nov 15, 2016

The Russian military has launched a large-scale operation against terrorists stationed in Homs and Idlib provinces of Syria, Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu said. Terrorist positions have been hit with cruise missiles from the frigate ‘Admiral Grigorovich.’ The strikes are targeting factories and arms depots operated by the jihadists in Syria.

And this one has some shots of the targets hit. Nice.

And the Syrian Army was attacked with chemical weapons a couple days ago, more Chlorine going by the reports.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Lets not forget there is an information war as well.

At this point, I suspect what they are calling hospitals are merely fortified locations where they continue to fight from, while treating their wounded. Basically you setup a handful of guys who been shot or caught flak damage in a room in a shot out husk of a random building. When the Syrians return fire and shell it, they claim a hospital was bombed.

Then there are allegations that protestors were rising up against the militants in East Aleppo for confiscating aid and refusing to allow them to leave, only to be cut down by machine-gun fire.

Not much corroboration though.

Something to contemplate though, whichever one of these 'children dying in hospital strikes' stories is even remotely true, maybe they should allow them to leave and stop killing the # out of them, hmm ??

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
so yesterday was my bday, but these were the battles in Aleppo. Warning, war is not pretty, cute, cool or fun.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is all footage from opposition fighters in Syria. There is even what looks like an antique cannon mounted on a tow truck at 9:30.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

edit on 11-26-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
some Baltic war exercises with NATO member states. Lots of nice practice with tanks and infantry fighting vehicles from earlier this year.
NATO & Romanian Tanks & Infantry Fighting Vehicles. Massive NATO Build-Up In Eastern Europe.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Israel is becoming more involved it seems.
BREAKING: Israeli jet carries out airstrike near Damascus

Moments ago, an Israeli jet fired four longe-range 'Popeye' missile upon the government-held town of Al-Saboorah, west of Damascus.

The overnight explosions were so loud they could be heard by an Al-Masdar News field correspondent in downtown Damascus.

The jet did not penetrate Syrian airspace but did allegedly breach Lebanese airspace in order to come within striking range of its designated target.
UPDATE: The latest report (not confirmed by Al-Masdar's military sources) suggests the missiles struck a Hezbollah workshop for vehicles. No casualties reported as mechanics had retired for the night.

So either they were just sending a message, or the mark was not there and they got bad intel. I think it is important to take note that unlike previous years, Israel jets did not violate their airspace. At least they are being more respectful on that front, even though they had to violate Lebanese airspace to do it.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
!!WARNING!! Graphic documentation of war! Viewer discretion is advised.
Aleppo

Palmyra

Hydra DAESH Attack Once More Historic City Of Palmyra.

ISIS has recaptured the historic city of Palmyra having driven out forces loyal to Bashar al-Assad during a sneak counter attack.
The governor of Homs province confirmed on state television that the army was trying to regain control of the city.
In the government's first official admission that Palmyra had fallen once again to the militants, Talal Barazi was quoted on Ikhbariyah TV as saying the army had pulled out of the city.
He said: 'The army is using all means to prevent the terrorists from staying in Palmyra, by regime forces, ISIS jihadists made a lightning-fast advance across Palmyra, sparking new worries for its remaining ancient treasures.
According to Russia Today, ISIS managed to muster 4,000 terrorists supported by tanks and truck mounted with heavy machine guns.
Forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad have been focused since mid-November on second city Aleppo, where they have retaken about 85 percent of the one-time rebel bastion in the city's east.
On Sunday, they pounded the shrinking rebel enclave in Aleppo's southeast with artillery and air strikes, seizing a large part of the Maadi district, a monitor said.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said more than 10,000 people had fled the remaining rebel-held districts since midnight, heading to government-run west Aleppo and newly retaken areas in the city's north and centre.
An estimated 120,000 people have poured out of east Aleppo since late November, according to the Britain-based monitor.
State news agency SANA said at least 4,000 people had fled rebel districts in just hours on Sunday and were taken by bus to temporary shelters.
Heavy bombardment on the east could be heard through the night, rattling windows across the city in the west.
US and Russian officials were expected to continue talks in Geneva Sunday on trying to reach a ceasefire in Aleppo, but a week of intense diplomatic efforts have failed to stem the fighting.
Backing from Moscow, which launched an air war in support of Assad last year, has been crucial in the Syrian army's ability to make gains across the country.
Russian raids overnight bolstered Syrian soldiers fighting off an ISIS offensive on Palmyra, the renowned UNESCO World Heritage site in central Syria.
But the jihadists launched a fresh attack on Sunday, the Observatory said, recapturing all of Palmyra after Syrian armed forces pulled out.
'Despite the ongoing air raids, ISIS retook all of Palmyra after the Syrian army withdrew south of the city,' said Observatory head Rami Abdel Rahman.
The ISIS-linked Amaq news agency also reported that the terror group regained 'full control' of the city on Sunday after taking the citadel, which overlooks Palmyra from a strategic hilltop.
Capturing Palmyra from ISIS in May was considered a major symbolic victory for Assad's forces -- and for its Russian ally.
Russia has come under severe criticism in the West for its continued political and military support for Damascus as the regime pursues its all-out assault on east Aleppo.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

edit on 12-15-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The Iraqi and Kurdish force are in serious need of some better defense for their armor. These daesh bastards have a compilation video of many they have destroyed. I don't like it, but seeing it hopefully can spur Congress to allocate funding for better defensive technology for not only our armor, but hopefully the poor bastards that have to use them against daesh.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
found this intense piece of mountain warfare today. Kurds vs. Turks. Starts off with a bit of grenade dodgeball, and progresses throughout. These are some serious rugged wild men here.

And some recent news!

At Least 14 US Coalition Military Officers Captured by Syrian Special Forces in East Aleppo Bunker officers from the following foreign states were allegedly detained:
*Turkey
*USA
*Israel
*Qatar
*Saudi
*Jordan
*Morocco

edit on 12-17-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The second to last video in the opening post ... the night vision one is very very old. Sorry I'm being an ass I can't vouch for the other videos though. And yes that all I'm replying with sorry I'm having one of them days and no I haven't read the rest of the thread ... sue me

Apparently this video is from shock and awe .. way back

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

No that is fine, thank you for the correction. I was fifteen in 03, I never saw this. I love it! Shock and Awe indeed. Are there more like it

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'll be honest when I posted my reply I wasn't in the best of moods I was actually saying to myself 'oh FFS someone's passing off old footage for recent footage from Syria etc etc' which kind of makes you wonder what to believe these days

Anyway I'm in a better mood and hope my reply didn't come across rude in anyway. As for more videos just sit on YouTube for an hour that's how I stumbled across that particular video

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
diplomat assassination. That is totally a World War 3 proof mark right there. First USA lost one, and now Russia too. Im telling yall, NAZI's are fulfilling Tom Clancy's Sum of All Fears movie plot!

edit on 12-22-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

edit on 12-25-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The French are not out of this fight! Here are some of their activities in Mali from back in May 2016.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Russian Special Forces showing off in Syria

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Is it true that the US have called home all their air Craft carriers?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Not as far as I know. We just deployed a third carrier fleet to Asia Pacific to support two already there. Thats alot of projection power right there.

Status of Navy
edit on 1-2-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join