It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First World Rant. Transitional Friendship Periods.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

When all else fails .... time to remove the fuses from all electrical entertainment

items in the house!

You need to inform all your friends that for your sanity and the best outcome of

peace and quiet for your new baby to adjust to the world and a routine, in the

short term visits will be by invitation only ...

You will have your hands full, and too busy to entertain ... and they will soon get

used to it.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

originally posted by: snowspirit

originally posted by: 123143
No sympathy for whiners.

You made your bed. Lie in it.

She's about to give birth "at any minute now" or anytime in the next 4 weeks. That alone changes how the bed she made is feeling.

I'm not one of those idiots who worships the pregnant.

She is responsible for her condition.

As I said, no sympathy for whiners. You made your bed. Lie in it.

"Idiots who worship the pregnant!?"

No, I've been pregnant, I know how it feels, it's nothing to do with worship. The body and baby need extra care to be going through the birth in a healthy way.
It's a health issue.

"Responsible for her condition".

Really bad wording, it makes it sound like a bad thing.
From that wording alone, I'm guessing you're an older man.....if not older, sorry, but the "older man" grouping used to call pregnancy an illness.......🙄

Hormones change, causing the "condition" she's in, to be making her feel less tolerant of things that likely never bothered her before.

As far as "making her bed", she's been open to many friends dropping by at any time. That's not a bad thing, they just need a kick in the butt to realize that there's no time left to get the renovation work done...

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just start talking about all the gross stuff of pregnancy, mucus plugs and whatnot. . .

Good luck. And congrats!

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Let's just let 123143 leave his/her comments. They're making their own bed as well.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I kinda, sorta had my breakdown after baby came. During our move. It felt good.

Good luck with the work and baby!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
If your 30 years old I'm guessing that those friends are late 20's early 30's as well. That means they should already know that babies change everything. If they are not trying to help you nor are they finding another place to hang out that just means that they never had real care for you and are just using you. This may not be what you wanted to hear but it's just how people are. I say tell them to ether help , pay rent or get the F out. Those that love you will understand the ones that were just using you will be bitter and mad. But at least you will know the truth of their hearts. I'm speaking from experience as I have been both the person on the couch and the person with the hangout house. Believe me you do not want to wait till your baby is nursing to finally tell them how you feel. Stress like that is not good for nursing children. If you don't have it in you to make them do what you feel needs to be done than make your husband/boyfriend do it. If he can't then get your father to do it. If he can't I'm sure you must have some strong assertive friend who will. Assertive people love laying down the law.Don't be afraid to ask.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: snowspirit

Let's just let 123143 leave his/her comments. They're making their own bed as well.

THAT has got to be the highest road statement I have ever seen.
at 38 weeks pregnant, and in the midst of renos I'd have strangled somebody for making a flippant comment like that.
Glad you sorted out the house guest issues. If in future any of them so choose to park it on the sofa when you need your own space...It only takes one instance of changing a crying infants diaper on said couch to make people scatter for awhile.
Good luck on the delivery..I assume any day in the next two weeks.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I just read your thread and I am glad that your issue has been resolved. Your Dad sounds like an amazing man and his approach sounds like something my Father would have done. My brother would bring car loads of folks from where he lived to work on the property on the weekends. Mom would feed them, there'd be campfires and parties in the evening. Always something going on.
Congratulations on the baby and to a healthy delivery and newborn!

I think, sometimes, we just need to vent and get opinions from other people (not in our social circles) and that doesn't make us weak, in my opinion. It makes us human to need/desire support. To be willing to listen to new ideas and different approaches makes us a more rounded person.

First world problems? Sure.
Does that mean they should be ignored or aren't important for you? No.

Good luck with everything and please post baby photos (If you're comfortable), I love new humans!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Hi TN!

Baby Fielder came 3 weeks early on October 23rd. We stayed 8 days in the hospital and now all is well. Here's a photo for you!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Hi TN!
Baby Fielder came 3 weeks early on October 23rd. We stayed 8 days in the hospital and now all is well. Here's a photo for you!

Oh my gosh look how beautiful!!
Absolutely breathtaking is new life and don't you wonder what those little innocent dreams hold that can bring such a happy smile?
So peaceful and content.

Thank you so much for sharing. My children are adamant about never having children of their own so I must enjoy new humans vicariously.

Thank you for sharing and thank you for bringing me a smile as well.

((hugs)) from me to both of you!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Aaack! At 38 weeks and tons of stuff to do - now is NOT the time for politeness. Be candid and clear. Your true friends will understand, your best fiends will want to help and all the rest can beat feet.

Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS!

ETA: Ahhhh...I see a cute baby!

edit on 11/4/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Wow, I was right when I said your baby would come "any minute now"!!

Congratulations, lil cutie has a smile already 🙂

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Congrats mom and dad !!

Baby looks plump and healthy !

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

OMG! Congratulations! Hope your both doing well. So Handsome!!!!

I can say, having "That" house back in the day, we lost track of several friends, after the boys came along. But it turned out, the ones I cared about the most, stuck around, and are still here, now that the boys are grown and gone.

@ TNM, come to MI for a weekend and I will get the grandsons. They just turned 3. That ought to hold you/scare you off for a few more years. LOL

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
@ TNM, come to MI for a weekend and I will get the grandsons. They just turned 3. That ought to hold you/scare you off for a few more years. LOL

Ah, I would love an escape and to romp around with three boys in the woods and the mud?!! Heaven!

I have nieces, currently, and their mother's aren't fond of them getting too dirty...yet

The day will come

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Ah, I would love an escape and to romp around with three boys in the woods and the mud?!! Heaven!

I have nieces, currently, and their mother's aren't fond of them getting too dirty...yet

The day will come

He IS a beautiful baby

Oh and I just had a grandson almost 4 mos ago. It was a gruelling pregnancy for me as I had to deal with my oldest daughter... she whines a lot. Now I get to babysit my grandson. I do outrageous things with him and text the pics to her. Today I was on here mostly ( Im on mental health off time rotation w work) and she kept texting me sayin MOM.. MOOOM.. Mom answer me NOW!
hehehehe... paybacks are a bitch.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

The day will come

He IS a beautiful baby

Oh and I just had a grandson almost 4 mos ago. It was a gruelling pregnancy for me as I had to deal with my oldest daughter... she whines a lot. Now I get to babysit my grandson. I do outrageous things with him and text the pics to her. Today I was on here mostly ( Im on mental health off time rotation w work) and she kept texting me sayin MOM.. MOOOM.. Mom answer me NOW!
hehehehe... paybacks are a bitch.

Haha!

Fantastic.

Congrats on the new baby.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I have never understood households where people always drop in unannounced. Whilst much yapping and coffees etc going around, it always seemed like a waste of time. Cars unrepaired on the front law....

My home is my sanctuary - When you have a new baby on the scene you want peace and quite for the parents and the baby to start the process of learning good habits. You don't get that by people always drooping over to "hang out" on the sofa and drinking

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join