It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts and Apologies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

There have been times where I've given considerate thought to questions or comments. That's one of the reasons I've stuck around. That kind of interaction. Can't say I've ever been angry and certainly wouldn't stretch out past the boards.

A member here put it pretty plainly and eloquently. It went something like; The debate goes much smoother if you can imagine that person across from you with beers in your hand. It's good advice.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
- double post (facepalm) -
edit on 21-10-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

Ah, wait, I can salvage this double post...

a reply to: JinMI

Ironically, I treat every other driver on the road as if they're either intoxicated or are a nervous/new driver. That stops me from getting road rage. So a similar approach would probably work online. It's usually the BS stereotyping that hits too close to home that gets under my skin.
edit on 21-10-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Always good to have this kind of tone set JiMI, we are all here sharing our ideas and trying to figure out this crazy world that is going on around us and it is wise to remember our similarities as opposed to differences.

This selection season has truly divide so many, here on ATS we have even seen the fevered pitch that can come with differing views. I appreciate your input and have enjoyed you sharing your views!

Honoring each other is important and I thank you for taking the time to do so!

To you

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I've noticed your responses to stereotyping.

That's funny, I do the same thing with other drivers. I mostly drive at night or during rush hour. (feast or famine) I get upset fairly quickly in during the day, but it's pleasant at night.

On the boards, I don't mind the blatantly ignorant so it's kind of switched.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
True Friends are often Quiet and Unassuming

ok so, this Vid is probably for people under 19... mostly.

haha... But still, my intention was good right?

I've yet to see anyone over 30 have a sleep over unless they're single weepy and possibly nuts.

Ok i'm done.

edit on 21-10-2016 by Encryptor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Encryptor

Does your friends passing out on your floor count?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Does your friends passing out on your floor count?

haha... NO.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Perfectly said and I couldn't agree with you more! I was lucky enough to have lurked long enough, which wasn't long at all, to realize that the folks here don't play around. I'm not gonna lie, they intimidate the hell outta me! So I tend to stay VERY neutral, IF I ever state an opinion.

I joined not wanting to pretend like I knew anything but openly admitting that I knew nothing at all. Lol. And over the few years I've been part of this community I've grown to really respect the people here.

I still lurk in the shadows more often than you'll see me participating in any thread. Lurking is fun and it keeps me from getting my head bit off
edit on 21-10-2016 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

That what was made me want to jump in. I knew i would be a fool for abit. The lumps I took helped

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Lumps you took?

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Figure of speech for taking hits. AKA spewing poorly/no sourced information on ATS!

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Shhhhhhhhh...

Ahahaha! The Shed lurkers need to pop in with that pic once in a while. Hey Jin, this could be another one for you to use. I do love the other one you use when lurking though. LOL

Great thread jinMI

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

In real life, I try to remember that it's okay for friends to disagree and that it's okay to acknowledge an "opponent" is correct on something. Doing that stops me from holding grudges, though that's something I'm still working on.

Just remember...life is too short and it is the small things that matter most, like compassion, kindness and love. Humor helps too. One day when you pass on from this world, you won't have to regret that you weren't kinder or whatever. You seem like a wonderful and respectful man to me. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

edit on 21-10-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Meh, the election is making a lot of folks crazy.

I sure do hope this all dies down after its over, but then again, I thought a lot of it would all die down once Obama was elected too and it didn't.

Shows what I know.

I think there is an increasing number of very angry and bitter people out there. I don't think you are one of them though. Honestly, while I think they have found their way here from time to time, they don't last long. The problem is that they do exist in greater numbers out there, and that anger and bitterness flavors everything. So, indirectly, it spills back onto all of us here whether we want it to or not.

I wish that wasn't so, but it is. The only way to fight that is to try to keep reminding yourself.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I'm not gonna lie, they intimidate the hell outta me! So I tend to stay VERY neutral, IF I ever state an opinion.

Just remember Page, your opinion matters just as much as anyone else's. If someone tries to bite your head off, bite back, but nicely. Never allow another member to keep you from saying what you'd like to say. There be many others who feel the same as you do, but are also intimidated so it doesn't get said.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Oh, just say what you're going to say. Just try not to be aggressively nasty. Give yourself time for folks to get used to your tone and learn the tone of others and you'll get a feel for when you're really getting verbally called on the carpet.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hmm, I should steal that from BigB. I don't think he'd mind, and if he does. Neeneeneener neeeener

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'd like to think my opinion matters, but most of the time some one has a much better opinion than mine. Hehehe

Of course, there are certain topics where my views can't be swayed and that's where you'll see me chiming in. More recently here on ATS there seem to be a number of people who will take things in the complete opposite direction of how it's intended. Yea most of us know how to ignore bait, even unintentional bait, but they're still "bites."

Although, those are more like the bites of a chihuahua that annoy the poo outta you, kinda making you want to punt the little monster across the room. But you can't because it'd most definitely be frowned upon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join