It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Wow, Mafia 3 really is being rejected. From what I hear it is essentially GTA which I do like, but Mafia 2 had something GTA does not. That is the reaction of the law enforcement(not necessarily kill on sight), the pick lock(into cars), traffic laws and the simulated driving.

As to what I would name the most immersive game. I am not arguing Rockstar games are not some of the most immersive, but Far Cry 2 is great(walking in the pitch black dark and seeing headlights was actually a cause for concern, for me anyways), The Long Dark(Survival game on Steam), This War of Mine(another game on steam focusing on survival(this time of a group), conflict and morals of war). Many would say Skyrim, I'm not sure myself. There are other games, but it depends on if you like the sort and how much are you able to immerse yourself such as Crusader Kings 2, a grand strategy game focused on relations between individuals and of course warfare. I'll give an example of a play through I had.

I aimed to create the Kingdom of Poland, but throughout my time I conquered land and of course my king died. This is normal. Thing is my land was divided into three regions as separate entities between 3 daughters. I held the central position, my sister held a similar sized region to the North that was conquered by foreign powers and my other sister was a one province minor. I ended up conquering the latter one and made her vassal. Tried to imprison her for whatever reason, she revolted and I captured her and now took her power away. I exiled her and she fled to Krakow(not under my control). I created a plot to murder her and shortly after she was killed while in exile after being blinded in prison all by her own sister. This female ruler ended up not doing anything important in terms of conquest. Powerful Lithuania had a revolt where a sister usurped her sister's power and imprisoned her. This usurper had friendly relations, but declared war on me. My troops never entered her land and she did not enter mine. War ended with no troop movement. Future king, either son or grandson of my female ruler created the Kingdom of Poland in order to preserve the kingdom(it would have been divided between 3 sons...).

Not all play throughs are as fun I assume, but it was a more interesting one. Depends on the player.
edit on 21-10-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join