It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Finally. I've been wondering when Rockstar was going to release another gem.

The first installment was awesome. Imagine how good it will be on next gen. Here's to hoping they incorporate a GTA style online mode.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Wow that looks beautiful. I haven't completed the first one. I plan on restarting it sometime in the next months when life gives leeway to doing so. I hope the water is as beautiful and that there are perhaps more random events and activities. I loved the treasure hunting in the first one, the way it worked. Bounties were also fun, though in a less curious way.

I remember in the multiplayer of the first I had 6 bears(I counted) chasing me at once. Thankfully I was playing with a friend who had better gear than me and helped take them out as I came out of the bushes running towards him.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

No PC announcement......

Eff you Crockstar

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

I haven't played it in quite a while, but I remember the hours I put into it. Won't spoil the ending for you.

Rockstar always creates the most immersive environments IMO, and they always pay attention to detail.

Conclusion: dammit, I have to wait another year.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

We all know it will come. Probably two years after launch lol

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I heard Micro$oft paid Rockstar to make this an XBOX exclusive.

Hahaha, just kidding.

This game looks amazing!!!

After I told my ex to hit the road, I self medicated by upgrading my AVR and TV. Primed and ready for 4K and though it won't be native, the HDR aspect alone is going to do wonders for this game.

If you listen carefully, you can actually hear the sound of my wallet crying...

Rockstar

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Haha, word is Xbox is gonna ditch the gaming wheel and release the virtual saddle.

Pony up

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I hear the ending poetic justice. Not sure what that would be specifically for the game. Can't wait to find out though.

I agree they do create some of the best environments. I am not sure the best. Is Rockstar involved in the Mafia series? I haven't played Mafia 3(do you still have to obey traffic laws or get identified as an idividual or your car identified as in the second?)

I wouldn't say the most immersive necessarily.
edit on 20-10-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

There was never a pc port for the first.. I'm on pc myself.. I'm getting tired of always waiting for something good...
Anyone know if Skyrim Remastered on PC is launching on the same day as console versions?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Been working my way through Mafia 3 since it launched. It's fun, graphics are good, map is large, great story, but it is pretty repetitive. You don't have to follow traffic laws, but the cops can be a bitch, especially with the driving mechanics.

Rockstar wasn't involved with the development of Mafia 3.

I'm curious to see what you think the most immersive game is.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
I haven't played Mafia 3

Avoid it

And no, it's not done by Rockstar, developed by Hangar 13 and published by 2k (2k are usually decent but in this case not so much)

edit on 20/10/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Is Rockstar involved in the Mafia series? I haven't played Mafia 3

No and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not buy Mafia 3, in fact its so bad just burn every copy you find.

I shelled out full price for it on its release and it has to be one of the worst games i have every had the misfortune of buying. The only good thing is the sound track, game play is dull and repetitive, the story starts strong but descends into boring repetition. The real kick in the balls however is the bugs, the sky box looks like it was built in the 1990's its really awful how this can count for next gen graphics i have no idea. To be clear bad graphics can be tolerable in a good game but when they are so bad you cannot actually see where you are going somethings wrong.

After the 4th hard crash i traded it in.

Just don't get it, so many other better games coming out in the next few weeks you would be better spending your cash on

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
That's exciting!
I still play the first installment...it's the only video game I'll spend time with. I've played through it a number of times and it still is as fun as the first go 'round.

I'll tell the wife I'm gonna go ride my horse for a bit and just cruise around the countryside enjoying the landscapes and sounds.

Ima have to pony up for a new system by the time this gets ready for release.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Can't wait!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Bummed about it not being on PC. It will at some point you can bet your house on it. R* are merely helping Micro$oft and $ony to sell a few more of their Next, Next Gen consoles, Xbox $corpio and Play$tation Pro respectively and then do what they did with GTAV, port a belter whilst maximising profits across the board.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they announced a remastered version of RDR if you purchase a high end bundle, might wanna take out a second mortgage and bet that aswell.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Must admit one of the best games I've ever played. Loved the storyline. The music and the environments.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Finally!
That's awesome!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The Zombie spin off was sick.

You could saddle up on the 4 Horses of the Apocalypse.
If you could break them.

Played it almost as much as the original.

Can't wait for this instalment.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

And there was much fappage!

Jesus I can't wait

Come to PC!

Otherwise I have to play on ps4
with the other plebs

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Looks good. I somehow missed Red Dead when it came out (probably playing WoW). Gonna try to get the first one, heard a lot of good things about it. Not available on steam store, so I might have to sub to PSnow

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join