It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the sexuality of Jesus be finally revealed to the world?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You need to dare to compare the dead sea scrolls to what we have in the bible today before you can make that claim .There is the complete book of Isaiah .Lots of partial scripts . best of luck though .

You know they keep those under lock and key. Same with the bones that 'prove' evolution.

I own the entire Dead Sea Scrolls collection in English, you can also read them on the internet. They are not under "lock and key" anymore since Eisenmen published the remaining Scrolls.

The majority of the Scrolls have 3 translations available for purchase, I bought a brand new hardcover Wise edition for 6$.

As mich as I appreciate the input, nothing but nothing gets me to believing the 'official' narrative.

Good luck with that, too.

I am surprised that you think that the Dead Sea Scrolls are a secret when they are available at the click of a button.
edit on 21-10-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
This is a lecture on the subject by Dr. Micheal Heiser

Heiser exists solely for people who are too l azy to do their own research and want everything mainstream Christianity says is true to be true.

He is not very honest compared to scholars who don't make their living pandering to the naive and gullible Christian.

I really hate this lying sack of crap.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
a reply to: namelesss
No one can say it has never been said therefore it didn't exist.

Everything exists. *__-

Denying 'ignorance' seems to be a stated 'ideal' of this site.
Delving deeper and deeper into ignorance is bound to get one or two people pointing that out.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio

I own the entire Dead Sea Scrolls collection in English, you can also read them on the internet. They are not under "lock and key" anymore since Eisenmen published the remaining Scrolls.

You don't own the dead sea scrolls, the originals aren't on display either, just replicas.

I'll say it again if you like.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You don't own the dead sea scrolls, the originals aren't on display either, just replicas.

I'll say it again if you like.

Say it all you want but my bookshelf says different.

I own both the Dead Sea Scrolls by Michael Wise and the Dead Sea Scrolls uncovered by Robert Eisenmen and Wise.

Would you like ISBN numbers or to question me of the contents?

Pick a page, I will tell you what it says.

How are you going to tell me what books I do or don't own?

What a ridiculous thing to do.

How do you not know that the Dead Sea Scrolls are available for purchase in English from any distributor of books?

I don't care about originals or replicas as long as I can read what the originals say.

And I can, anytime I want, as could you if you just Googled it.

Who are you to question the contents of my personal library?

Sad. Are you jealous? It was 6$ for the larger Wise edition, by it yourself.
edit on 22-10-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Stuck in Plato's cave. Its okay and all, enjoy the shadow dance.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Stuck in Plato's cave. Its okay and all, enjoy the shadow dance.

So besides not knowing of the existence of the published Dead Sea Scrolls you specialize in ridiculous statements when confonted with your own error?

You are something else. notice you declined my offer of proof. Interesting, could it be you feel ridiculous for questioning the contents of my library and not knowing that the Dead Sea Scrolls have long been translated, published and read by millions?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Or that Jesus was even 1 individual - more likely a composite of agitators present at the scene

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

So besides not knowing of the existence of the published Dead Sea Scrolls you specialize in ridiculous statements when confronted with your own error?

The only thing you confronted me with is the official story.

Like I always believe that, nowadays even. Why are you defending it to me? I don't really care what you believe that you are told to.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Let it go, intrptr was simply stating that you don't own the original papirii, no big deal; lighten up.

They're only books.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So what books do I own, since you know better than I my own possessions?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Malocchio

Or are you the author of a conspiracy theory that the scholars responsible for translating the Scrolls are actually the authors or didn't properly translate them?

Because you won't have much company, that theory is patently false and ridiculous, Geza Vermes and Robert Eisenmen, Michael Wise, are all reliable scholars who nobody claims did anything other than translate what was written.

I am afraid making vague statements about being trapped in Plato's cave are not going to erase the fact that you didn't know that the Dead Sea Scrolls are easily available and not ''under lock and key."

That's something you will have to accept.

What kind of fool says "You do not own the Dead Sea Scrolls" to someone who has both editions on his shelf as we speak?

One who thinks he knows all but doesn't know even the most freely available facts such as the Scrolls were published ages ago.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Most of the Dead Sea Scrolls are located at two sites in Israel. One is the Rockefeller Museum in East Jerusalem, which is under the authority of the Israel Antiquities Authority and for which access is grated only to certified researchers.

Are you 'certifiable'?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

So besides not knowing of the existence of the published Dead Sea Scrolls you specialize in ridiculous statements when confronted with your own error?

The only thing you confronted me with is the official story.

Like I always believe that, nowadays even. Why are you defending it to me? I don't really care what you believe that you are told to.

Nobody has ever told me what to believe.

I am not stupid enough to believe that you actually knew that the Scrolls were published, you didn't.

Trying to pigeon hole me as naive is yet another erroneous assumption made by a typical fool.

Official story? The official story, that the Essenes lived at Qumran and wrote the Scrolls is not something that I believe, or most modern scholars for that matter.

I didn't do anything except prove that you are unaware of something easily available and well known, the existence of the publication of the Scrolls.

I don't really care about official stories, however what you're implying is nothing less than a paranoid conspiracy theory not held by the most crazy of conspiracy theorists.

I certainly am not going to buy that someone who didn't know they were even published knows anything about them.

You are obviously compensating to save face for not knowing that the Scrolls have been translated and published by reputable scholars.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Tilt. You yourself said your highest source of truth is books.

Books are written by others.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Most of the Dead Sea Scrolls are located at two sites in Israel. One is the Rockefeller Museum in East Jerusalem, which is under the authority of the Israel Antiquities Authority and for which access is grated only to certified researchers.

Are you 'certifiable'?

Who cares where they are stored?

The point is they have been translated and published and whoever possesses the original manuscripts is wholly irrelevant.

And that you didn't know this and are creating a conspiracy theory to save face.

Of course they are closely guarded, they are the most important archeological find of the last century.

Nothing about that means they weren't faithfully translated, it just means they are secure.

You are certifiably naive thinking that keeping ancient priceless documents secure after translation equates to the non existence of reliable translations.

OMG.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Tilt. You yourself said your highest source of truth is books.

Books are written by others.

I actually never said that so keep digging that hole of lies and falsehoods and I will keep throwing dirt.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

So what you believe is the originals are the word of God and exactly transcribed, but hidden away from view.

Have you personally been there and seen them with your own eyes, personally translated them to confirm this? Or again, is it what you have read somewhere?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

So what you believe is the originals are the word of God and exactly transcribed, but hidden away from view.

Have you personally been there and seen them with your own eyes, personally translated them to confirm this? Or again, is it what you have read somewhere?

I don't know about the word of God but I have absolutely no reason to doubt that the scholars who translated them didn't do it faithfully.

I never said ''original word of God" so keep putting words in my mouth, that's a great strategy!!

Just because I have never seen Rome doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The information in the Scrolls is too damaging to Christian origins to be a work of conspirators not wanting the Scrolls to be available to the public.

If you have some reasonable evidence that the every Scholar, Catholic or otherwise, conspired to produce phony translations bring it forward.

Otherwise it's a crazy conspiracy theory.

You just didn't know that they were even available for purchase and thought that they were hidden from the public since their discovery.

Knowing that you were wrong you have invented a conspiracy to save face.

How honorable.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Every time I refute you you change the subject and claim I said things I didn't, believe things I don't.

All because you didn't know that a translation of the Scrolls is easy to get as a book or read online.

It's not my fault you thought that no translation whatsoever existed or that you think them being secured means they weren't translated and made available to all.

And that realizing I was going to prove you wrong you change your story to say a conspiracy existed to produce fake translations.

You are awful.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join