It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to respond to any new US sanctions with 'painful' measures – deputy FM

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The "essence" of the present crisis in relations between the US and Russia lies in the fact that “under the current administration, [US foreign policy] became even more arrogant, forceful and focused on the attempts to impose its will on other countries,” the diplomat said, adding that such policy "is doomed to failure from the start in relations with our country."

"The White House has only itself to blame for the problems in many parts of the world as well as for the difficulties in relations with Russia," Ryabkov said.
SOURCE

This isn't saber rattling because it's not related to the military. I think that point alone makes this kind of talk extraordinary. I don't recall reading anything like this kind of talk from one superpower to another in my lifetime. If you have, please post the source.

As to Russia's frustration, the thing that scares me is the fact that Hillary Clinton has a reputation for being even more arrogant and forceful than Obama. I feel like we could be out of the frying pan and into the fire in no time.

Anyone who thinks cooler heads are prevailing could be right. They could be wrong as well. It's too soon to say.
edit on 19-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The US administrations treatment of Russia sure has been entertaining to watch.

It went from off mic comments of being more 'flexible'. 'reset buttons' to outright intentionally trying to snip them off.

For the last eight years they have been all bark no bite until it came to this election.

After it's over expect things to go back to the way they were with appeasement.

The 'saber rattling' is only for show. After the election.

Back to the status quo.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
“under the current administration, [US foreign policy] became even more arrogant, forceful and focused on the attempts to impose its will on other countries,”

Enough said, Hilary will just continue on destroying relations with Russia and it will lead to a very unstable world.. The establishment must go (GOP/Democrats) we need a people driven government not elitist running the country..

Trump 2016!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
They want Trump to be president because they know it will make us weaker. So they do everything in their power to influence the election. Even trying to scare the US population into believing a vote for clinton will result in nuclear war.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If certain members are to be believed, the U.S will wipe Russia off the face of the Earth.

Do we really believe that 2 Nuclear powers will not use a tactical Nuke if they ever go head to head? If they had nothing to lose they would, I'm certain of it.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tearman
They want Trump to be president because they know it will make us weaker. So they do everything in their power to influence the election. Even trying to scare the US population into believing a vote for clinton will result in nuclear war.

If anything, they want Trump to be president because that believe they can make a deal with him - and the want to make a deal. And we should want them to want to make a deal.

The alternative is .. unspeakable.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Maybe they are just telling the truth...maybe it's all just all just reverse psychology and there will be those calling for a strong president to stand up to those nasty Russians.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

To expand on the above post:

I really fear that Hillary's cold war rhetorics will push the world into just that; a new cold war. The constant vilifying of Russia and the character attacks on Putin - whether justified or not - seems so very, very dangerous a tactic to garner votes.

If you know a little bit about the insanely macho-oriented political culture and power hierarchy of Russia, you will know, that appearance means so, so much to them. Some might say that Trump praises Putin, but the reality is that be recognizing Putin as a strong leader, Trumps puts Putin in a position wherein he (Putin, that is) can make a lot more compromises.

"One strong leader to another", Putin can negotiate pragmatic deals with Trump. That he cannot with the disrespectful Hillary.

And that would make for a good reason for them to want Trump to be president.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Why the hell are we antagonizing the Russians?

Do we as average citizens benefit at all from our Government acting like bullies?

We would be better off marching on Washington before they launch the nukes.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I think it's funny when he TRIES to match up Putin with his ACTIVIST methods from Chicago.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Why the hell are we antagonizing the Russians?

Do we as average citizens benefit at all from our Government acting like bullies?

We would be better off marching on Washington before they launch the nukes.

We need to do it soon, I have been lobbying for a march on DC..

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hillary knows she's on her death throws, she is so narrisistic that if she dies she might as well take the whole planet down with her, she can't handle the fact life goes on when she's dead, unless she can help it.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
"......a few may kill us all, and that disappointment will be the legacy of the human race."
-Me

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Strange happenings regarding Russia…and other countries

Why? Is America really so invested with the MIC they have to bring back the drama of the cold war?

Look at the conflicting signals regarding Turkey. There’s never been such confusion I’ve ever seen.

I mean whose side is Turkey on now. Russia or NATO and the west?

There’s a deep deception going on somewhere under the surface we don’t know about.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hillary has a history of being arrogant and forceful with those that do not donate to the Foundation.

She will be President, she will become a multi-Billionaire, there will be no war.

Easy-peasy.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Sounds like Russia might stop exporting vodka...

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

It happened all the time during the cold war. Another example that Putin is incapable of existing in the 21st century and is stuck in the 1980's.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I suppose one sanction Russia can apply to Europe is gas. All Russia have to do is turn the gas of temporarily, say 1 month, that should do it, and Europe will be looking at what sanctions they can throw out the window.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

It has not happened in the past when Russia cut the supplies so why would it be different this go around?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

How is this Putin's fault?

The U.S. are the ones meddling all over the world and antagonizing them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join