It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media as Candidates: Colbert/O'Reilly 2016

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You CAN'T be a target YOU are duped, DUH.
YOU won't EVEN try to fight on my turf ,You only will get the results.
ONLY an idiot kills the ants and NOT the queen.

Hey. Take some deep breaths. Remember, I'm on your side here. Just like I know you're on mine.

I can very easily be a target. My husband will protect me.
I'm not an idiot, either, if that's what you were trying to declare-------

????

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Really? People? THIS is all we have?

yikes

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Hypnotized would be a less prosaic term HOW I still haven't got it all.
I'M talking nationalists here like ME,YOU are a civilian incapable of any offensive position in THIS case.
I am talking about OFFICIALS after long last NOT the people.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Hypnotized would be a less prosaic term HOW I still haven't got it all.
I'M talking nationalists here like ME,YOU are a civilian incapable of any offensive position in THIS case.
I am talking about OFFICIALS after long last NOT the people.
ok...

I worry about you, man. I really do.

anyway - our dialogue just reminded me of this:

If I did this, it might offend someone. ?? Maybe?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Now, the afternoon after....we've all had time to digest the aftermath....(adding up what happened, subtracting crap - you know, "aftermath").....to think it over, take some deep breaths, and see where we are.

I've spent the last 18 hours paying attention to this whole thing..........

and now, this Colbert/O'reilly interview is even more poignant. Shameless bump of the thread...

Trump did not, and can not win the debate.

O'Reilly - whom I have heretofore despised openly - has healed my impulse to spit like a cat and use my claws, and he would get my vote over Trump. And that's really saying a lot.

Then again, four years ago I had a Stewart/Colbert 2012 sticker on my car.
Thank god for the voices of reason and reality that we have, few and far between as they are.

If I have to dog-paddle in the sulfur peat bog........I still would not vote for Trump.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Here's another candidate:

Yes. Give us your answer. Now.

For those unable to view - it is Keith Olberman addressing the debate, and how he views Trump's refusal to say he would accept the results of the election. He accuses Trump of treason.

edit on 10/20/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Trump did not, and can not win the debate.

Why can't he? Is it because it's rigged?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Here's another candidate:

Yes. Give us your answer. Now.

For those unable to view - it is Keith Olberman addressing the debate, and how he views Trump's refusal to say he would accept the results of the election. He accuses Trump of treason.

How long did it take gore to accept the result?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

No. It is not rigged.

The whole argument speaks to education........about how some citizens are unable to make sound decisions through no fault of their own.[/quote

Which is when we have rural areas that are still able to censor out (or deliberately) to do with brains. The brains of people listening.....the brains of people cheering.......

The media is, nevertheless, manipulating this entire production.

Still, and again:
I'm embarrassed.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

No. He can't because he is unable to string together twenty words into a coherent sentence. He can't because he's an interrupting cow......

He can't because he's an embarrassment to everyone except his few sycophantic fans.

He can't because his vocabulary and understanding of the issues, the pressing problems, the climate and the attitude of our nation (and world) are sorely lacking.

His vocabulary is lacking.
His understanding of the issues is also lacking.
His ability to speak coherently to educated people is lacking.

But -- yeah, he has 'the look'....and the 'sound'....but he has no substance.....

That's why he can't. He's ridiculous.

edit on 10/20/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Gore is not the subject of what is happening now.

Do try to keep up.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Chris Wallace kicked some real butt.....

Colbert reviews the 3rd debate....

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Yeah, that was pretty good. Colbert, while trying to keep it comical and also keep himself as the host, allowed room for OReilly to state his points. I did like it more though when Stewart had OReilly on and introduced him with a big red carpet and flower girls tossing rose petals in his path.
And like Colbert himself, I am still waiting for Trump to accept and invitation to join him on the show. As Colbert says, until Trump accepts the invitation Colbert will have to continue to think of him as a pussy.

Do you feel the same way about Clinton on O'Reilly? The invitation has been out there for months.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is what happens to children who are isolated and controlled by eccentric parents.

Don't mean to spam, but it's really pertinent here and in my other thread also.

A group of brothers come of age in Manhattan and go from total isolation with only movies and a home-schooling mom and a controlling antisocial father who "doesn't love the idea of work."

His children are kept confined, but not poorly educated or neglected. Abused, absolutely.

This is what happens when the alt-right infects a family. It portrays a family with a patriarch who has bought Prison Planet and David Icke and all the most diabolical psyops.......a mother who was a "flower child" from a midwestern farm and always wanted her kids to be raised with meadows around them, and being outdoors. She is a licensed teacher and homeschools them.

The dad rarely comes out of his room.

The kids fulfill their creative impulses by re-enacting and by participating in costume while watching movies. The mom included.
Finally, one of them at 15 decides to sneak out wearing a home-made mask (very convincing as a 10th floor window face) similar to Michael in the Halloween or whatever slasher series....

Anyway --- the kids 'bust out' in an original and quite poignant way. It's extraordinary.

It's quite disturbing, and very pertinent....maybe as dessert after the election.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join