It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Takei Nails What’s So Dumb About Trump’s ‘Rigged Election’ Gibberish

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hey George Takei was... number 5 ?, William Shatner is numero 1

I do confess I'm a Trekkie and have been in capt. Kirk's audience
and the guy is amazing, nice and a darn good entertainer.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
So, the fact that Trump is rich means that we should ignore the proven fact that the media is colluding with the Democratic Party to defeat Trump's election? Or that our election system is increasingly looking like a sham on par with the worst third-world banana republic?

The corporate media's doing exactly what their rich masters tell them to do. It's easy to call some media outlets liberal and some conservative (e.g., CNN and Fox); however, at the end of the day the media is CORPORATE--you can trace the ownership up to 5, maybe 6 conglomerates. The real influence runs much deeper than the surfacy paradigm of opposites they use to manipulate us. As an example, look into the intelligence community's back-room influence over ABC. Hard to call that liberal.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Oh my!

Love George!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Also, do you really not get why Takei would oppose Trump? Trump is the one has proposed rounding up Muslim Americans and either holding them or relocating them. Do you think that rhetoric might remind Takei of anything?

Where did Trump say he was going to round up Muslim Americans and 'relocate' them? Make sure you quote his exact words.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: NthOther
What's funny is this:

Sanders v. Clinton. Clinton is cheating.

Trump v. Clinton. Clinton is not cheating.

Same people saying it.

These are completely different allegations, you understand.

Hillary Clinton leveraged the political machine of the DNC to sway the party's own internal mechanisms against Sanders.

What Trump is alleging is something totally different. He's saying that actual voter fraud is going to take place. Widespread, rampant voter fraud.

There is no evidence of this whatsoever.

Voter fraud is how Hillary won the nomination. Search the internet for "2016 election irregularities" if you dare. The Democratic primary was a total trainwreck. For example, in Arizona (a closed-primary state), thousands of Sanders supporters found their voter registration had mysteriously been changed from "Democrat" to "Independent" or "No Party Affiliation", so they couldn't vote in the primary. Other sates (like New York) saw thousands of voters mysteriously removed from the voter roles, preventing them from voting in the primaries. Multiple states saw the Clinton campaign engaging in blatant electioneering at polling sites (which is illegal). It was easily the dirtiest presidential primary in many years, at least on the Dems' side.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

So, the fact that Trump is rich means that we should ignore the proven fact that the media is colluding with the Democratic Party to defeat Trump's election? Or that our election system is increasingly looking like a sham on par with the worst third-world banana republic?

The corporate media's doing exactly what their rich masters tell them to do. It's easy to call some media outlets liberal and some conservative (e.g., CNN and Fox); however, at the end of the day the media is CORPORATE--you can trace the ownership up to 5, maybe 6 conglomerates. The real influence runs much deeper than the surfacy paradigm of opposites they use to manipulate us. As an example, look into the intelligence community's back-room influence over ABC. Hard to call that liberal.

True, but it goes even higher than corporate to corporate's owners: our oligarchy.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Not to mention collusion with the media and manufacturing violence at Trump rallies.

Also voter fraud from all over the country where democrats are operating.

I wouldn't put it passed the GOP to be engaged in shady crap either.

But to come out and deflect like this is simply another reason not to trust democrats.

Can't be honest to save their lives.

Just a suggestion, don't make this about "all democrats" or "all liberals." A lot of us are against all of this. It's the power elite we are fighting, not rank and file of either party.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

True, but it goes even higher than corporate to corporate's owners: our oligarchy.

Indeed, indeed. The nameless oligarchy. I suspect if the names of the true wielders of power were suddenly leaked, we probably wouldn't recognize any of them....

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Another celebrity who's opinion about politics is completely irrelevant.

Hey George!

No. One. Cares.

Yeah, I do care what George Takei has to say.

He's a very smart and insightful man.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Trump has made no bones about it: he is taking advantage of the existing tax laws, which are clearly designed to make rich people richer. In fact, he's doubling down on that; he wants to give more tax breaks to wealthy people. It's Reaganomics all over again--more trickle-down BS. The sad part is, no matter how many economists point out that nothing really trickles down, people still think giving money to the rich will somehow benefit them. Keep believing the lie, and someday you too can live like a rich Republican.

So are you saying Clinton will bring an end to trickle down economics and will shrink the wealth gap?

No, I'm not saying that at all. To be clear: The rich will get richer either way. TPTB know how to bet on both horses.
I'm glad someone else knows that Trump ain't the answer. This whole system isn't about Hillary, she's just symptomatic of it.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What is so dumb is that poor George does not realize a voting system can be rigged.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: NthOther
What's funny is this:

Sanders v. Clinton. Clinton is cheating.

Trump v. Clinton. Clinton is not cheating.

Same people saying it.

These are completely different allegations, you understand.

Hillary Clinton leveraged the political machine of the DNC to sway the party's own internal mechanisms against Sanders.

What Trump is alleging is something totally different. He's saying that actual voter fraud is going to take place. Widespread, rampant voter fraud.

There is no evidence of this whatsoever.

Voter fraud is how Hillary won the nomination. Search the internet for "2016 election irregularities" if you dare. The Democratic primary was a total trainwreck. For example, in Arizona (a closed-primary state), thousands of Sanders supporters found their voter registration had mysteriously been changed from "Democrat" to "Independent" or "No Party Affiliation", so they couldn't vote in the primary. Other sates (like New York) saw thousands of voters mysteriously removed from the voter roles, preventing them from voting in the primaries. Multiple states saw the Clinton campaign engaging in blatant electioneering at polling sites (which is illegal). It was easily the dirtiest presidential primary in many years, at least on the Dems' side.

I agree with you on the electioneering. Clinton should have been charged for that. But electioneering is not voter fraud.

I'd like to see what evidence you have of the other stuff (which to me sounds more like registration fraud than voter fraud, even if it's true -- which I highly doubt, just because most of the time these sorts of allegations don't hold up to being scrutinized after the initial press buzz).

In either case, that does not appear to be what Trump is talking about. Trump is suggesting that invalid votes are going to be recorded and counted. That simply does not happen in any appreciable number.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Another celebrity

Exactly, Coldwisdom -- The man is a celebrity with the wisdom of a thousand (or more) republicans (It takes so many because Republicans aren't usually very wise, lol). As such, we must revere what he has to say -- he's a clever man with insights that the commoners couldn't conceive. For real -- common americans are pretty dumb (you know, the 2nd Amendment loving right-wingers -- they're not known for their "brights").

I tell you what, Cold wisdom, I woke up this morning and had myself a hefty serving of Hillary Pudding. It tastes like butterscotch, raisins and sweet, sweet victory. Why? Because we're going in for four years with Clinton 2.0 as president. And I like the taste of that.

So, come on in for the ride, be part of the winning team this time!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
What is so dumb is that poor George does not realize a voting system can be rigged.

Yeah, isn't it amazing how quickly everyone forgot how W was selected? Talk about rigged...

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

Yeah, isn't it amazing how quickly everyone forgot how W was selected? Talk about rigged...

That election is what happens when the margin of victory is less than the margin of error. The only way to decide the winner is via the courts.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Yes, a conservative-leaning court who refused to allow the recount to continue. Hence, the president select, commander-in-thief, etc.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Well, to be fair, whining about Trump's "privilege" and the tax system proves NOTHING--not one damn thing--about the election system, which is what Trump was referencing.

This is called changing the subject--Mr. Takei didn't "nail" anything "dumb" about anything that Trump said. He simply changed the subject in order to create a different narrative. He created a distraction to take the focus off of the election system, which is rigged (but in whose favor, it doesn't matter, because it is the America citizen who loses).

Straw man arguments--gotta love (to hate) them.

I used to like Takei--even went to see him at the Oktoberfest Zinzinnati a few years ago--but I realized a while ago that he's just an ideological mouthpiece who often lacks constructive thinking in his comments. This is a perfect example.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Greggers

Yes, a conservative-leaning court who refused to allow the recount to continue. Hence, the president select, commander-in-thief, etc.

Yes, but that's not voter fraud. That's turning the count over the the courts because the count itself is inconclusive.

Is THAT what Trump is suggesting is going to happen? I don't think it is.

I think it goes without saying that if you can't defeat your political opponent by an amount greater than the margin of error, you sort of deserve whatever you get.
edit on 19-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Xcalibur254

Also, do you really not get why Takei would oppose Trump? Trump is the one has proposed rounding up Muslim Americans and either holding them or relocating them. Do you think that rhetoric might remind Takei of anything?

Where did Trump say he was going to round up Muslim Americans and 'relocate' them? Make sure you quote his exact words.

Internment camps will be a reality - where do you think we're going to put those incoming immigrants for their patriotic evaluations? He did say he would kill the families of people even suspected of being a terrorist.
I wonder if that will extend to domestic terrorist as well. I am aware off at least 3 "patriots" that planned to murder somali families.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
MORE rigging here..www.tmz.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join