It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Takei Nails What’s So Dumb About Trump’s ‘Rigged Election’ Gibberish

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
Trump has made no bones about it: he is taking advantage of the existing tax laws, which are clearly designed to make rich people richer. In fact, he's doubling down on that; he wants to give more tax breaks to wealthy people. It's Reaganomics all over again--more trickle-down BS. The sad part is, no matter how many economists point out that nothing really trickles down, people still think giving money to the rich will somehow benefit them. Keep believing the lie, and someday you too can live like a rich Republican.

So are you saying Clinton will bring an end to trickle down economics and will shrink the wealth gap?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Why is it irrelevant? Simply because he's a celebrity? Not only is he a homosexual but he also got to spend part of his childhood in an internment camp simply because of his Japanese heritage. I'd argue that his experiences give him a unique look at intolerance in this country. But please elucidate why the views of this intelligent man have no value.

Him being a homosexual is completely irrelevant.

IIB pointed out the major flaw in Mr. George's position.

It was actually the democratic party that rounded up George and his family into Japanese internment camps during WW2. Yet somehow he is convinced that Hillary Clinton is going to do more for gays and veterans because she has the D next to her name.

George has now been demoted to 'tool' status.

- - - - - -

And let me remind you, that it was Clinton & Obama's failed system of 'checks & balances' that allowed Omar Mateen to purchase firearms and shoot up the Pulse nightclub in Orlando.

Not to mention, the father of Mateen was seen strategically placed behind Clinton at one of her Rally's in ORLANDO.

The fact that the father of one of the worst mass shooters in modern US history (and also someone who was radicalized by the Islamic State) publicly supports Hillary should really tell you something about his so called 'concern' for this country.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
The evidence of voter fraud is clear. It is happening.

Not it's not.

You're welcome.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Everyone's opinion matters when t comes to matters of the country, whether we like it or not.......

If they didnt we wouldnt have elections..........

Just saying

Everyone's opinion only matters in the voting booth. It's not a requirement that you have to use your celebrity status to try and persuade the masses.

link   
What's funny is this:

Sanders v. Clinton. Clinton is cheating.

Trump v. Clinton. Clinton is not cheating.

Same people saying it.

link   
a reply to: Byrd

Just your garden variety straw man by George Takei and the OP.

edit on 19-10-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Maybe Trump should just release his tax returns.
What's he got to hide? Why won't he do it? If everything's on the up-and-up, what's the big deal?
No doubt he's just taking advantage of the existing laws. But wouldn't a little transparency be nice?

Oh right, it might contradict the utter tripe his supporters lick up and parrot every day.
Can't have them thinking the rich man really isn't the messiah who's going to make them rich too, now can we.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I care, people care. I really can't speak for the nobodies though.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
America is an oligarchy.

Elections are a farce, rigged or not.

The last time a populist became President, it was JFK. He had to be eliminated. The powers that be will never take such a risk again.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I really can't speak for the nobodies though.

If you can't speak for yourself, why should I listen to you speak for anybody else?

link   

Trump has made no bones about it: he is taking advantage of the existing tax laws, which are clearly designed to make rich people richer. In fact, he's doubling down on that; he wants to give more tax breaks to wealthy people. It's Reaganomics all over again--more trickle-down BS. The sad part is, no matter how many economists point out that nothing really trickles down, people still think giving money to the rich will somehow benefit them. Keep believing the lie, and someday you too can live like a rich Republican.

So do I. The laws are set up to give anyone who puts in the time and resources relief. Look at all these professional athletes with their foundations just like Hillary but on a smaller scale. The intent is to keep more of what they earned because that is what the law allows. The tax laws encourage it.

What Trump did and Hillary did is legal. I defend both of them until the IRS tells me otherwise. Three field offices wanted to investigate Hillary's foundation but were told no by the DOJ. I respect that as well...do not agree with it but I accept it and move on.

Screw the poor. I was poor once but did something about it. Got an education, saved money, invested money. Worked hard. I hated being poor. It's not my responsibility to take care of every single person who struggles in life for whatever reason. Nobody gave a s*** about me when I was eating leftover pizza crust in college. Nobody cared when I would jog 4 miles a day to get to my part time college job to survive. Now that I have achieved something Hillary want to tax the living s*** out of me. Not gonna happen. I will use the tax laws and give her two big middle fingers.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

So are you saying Clinton will bring an end to trickle down economics and will shrink the wealth gap?

No, I'm not saying that at all. To be clear: The rich will get richer either way. TPTB know how to bet on both horses.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

LULZ - your messiah is a reality TV star.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's one celebrity no one will be following.
The REAL silent majority is going to show
Trump exactly what they think.

Beyond that I agree with Gandal77

"I think the system's rigged, but not in the way Trump is suggesting.
TPTB always bet on both horses. They'll get what they want either way."

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
A Huffington Post article (yeah, I know... liberal bastion) about a couple of tweets by George Takei (yep. Liberal, gay, actor and politician)

So let me just cut to the chase here:

George Takei Nails What’s So Dumb About Trump’s ‘Rigged Election’ Gibberish
(Link to HuffPo article with details)

Unless you have been nowhere near a television, computer, smartphone, tablet, human being or major metropolitan area in the last week, you have probably heard Donald Trump rambling on about his baseless assertion that the 2016 election has already been “rigged” in Hillary Clinton’s favor.

On its face, it’s a ridiculous claim, and one that could potentially lead to dangerous consequences should Trump actually lose to Clinton on Nov. 8. But George Takei, local genius, thinks Trump could be onto something, albeit not in the way that the GOP nominee intended. As he concisely stated on Twitter on Tuesday:

George Takei ✔ @GeorgeTakei
It's rather galling, isn't it, to hear a billionaire, born into money and granted every advantage, claim the system's rigged against him.
5:44 PM - 18 Oct 2016
11,453 11,453 Retweets 22,203 22,203 likes

and

George Takei ✔ @GeorgeTakei
You know what's rigged, Mr. Trump? The tax system. In your favor, and quite heavily.
7:35 PM - 18 Oct 2016

The article also links to another one that suggests Trump won't release his taxes because he's worth less than 2 billion dollars.

For a white billionaire who's been gaming the system since birth, claims of everything being rigged against him just don't wash. Heck, if he had that much money, he could probably buy a fleet of buses to take people to voting stations to vote for himself.

From my perspective, the system is rigged against people from small towns, against mom-and-pop businesses, against the poor, against people who can't afford a good education -- but it's rigged in favor of people who can afford instant lawyers and who can buy cars from their spare pocket change.
i also want to point out that I agree that our country is "rigged" in favor of the über wealthy or powerful. This is born out by research across multiple domains. However, it's also "rigged" in favor of politicians who sell themselves to those very powers. This is much of the problem with our current political situation.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So, the fact that Trump is rich means that we should ignore the proven fact that the media is colluding with the Democratic Party to defeat Trump's election? Or that our election system is increasingly looking like a sham on par with the worst third-world banana republic?

Sorry, George, but you have failed to convince me that a washed-up Star Trek actor holds any kind of profound wisdom.
For that matter, why is George Takei even in the spotlight these days? Because he's gay? (I suppose it would be rude to point out that he spent his entire career in the closet, and only 'came out' long after it was socially acceptable to do so.)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

What about when all of these people said the election was rigged?

What makes it so bad now? Trump is the one saying it? lol

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Since you feel that the actions of a single man that died 50+ years ago reflect the current DNC platform then I guess it's also fair game to point out that it was the Democrats that also got rid of internment camps.

I also think it's worth pointing out that Public Law 503 was approved by both Democrats and Republicans.

Also, do you really not get why Takei would oppose Trump? Trump is the one has proposed rounding up Muslim Americans and either holding them or relocating them. Do you think that rhetoric might remind Takei of anything?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
What's funny is this:

Sanders v. Clinton. Clinton is cheating.

Trump v. Clinton. Clinton is not cheating.

Same people saying it.

These are completely different allegations, you understand.

Hillary Clinton leveraged the political machine of the DNC to sway the party's own internal mechanisms against Sanders.

What Trump is alleging is something totally different. He's saying that actual voter fraud is going to take place. Widespread, rampant voter fraud.

There is no evidence of this whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
So, the fact that Trump is rich means that we should ignore the proven fact that the media is colluding with the Democratic Party to defeat Trump's election?

Could you please reference the leak that you believe proves this? If it's the one I'm thinking of, it proves no such thing. But I'd like to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
'Ridiculous' they say!

Smartmatic, a U.K.-based voting technology company with deep ties to George Soros, has control over voting machines in 16 states including battleground zones like Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Other jurisdictions affected are California, District of Columbia, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, New Jersey, Oregon, Washington and Wisconsin.

Its website includes a flow-chart that describes how the company has contributed to elections in the U.S. from 2006-2015 with “57,000 voting and counting machines deployed” and “35 million voters assisted.”

Remember people it's not who you vote for or how often, but WHO counts them in the end.

I'd say Trumps concerns are justified.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join