It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Hicks unleashes on the elite.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Great compilation of clips put together of Bill Hicks stand up routines. We could use another Hicks right now, everything in this video can be applied to this current day and election, it's just been a continuation of the corrupt system.

Do you let the media defy your voice of reason?
edit on 19-10-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

...everything in this video can be applied to this current day and election...

Amazing when you think about it.

Not many people are ahead of their time. Bill was (still is in some ways).

Peace.

Edit: if you want someone similar (because let's be honest there'll never be another) to Bill Hicks check out Steve Hughes.
edit on 19-10-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Noted.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

the guy is the man.. him and Carlin both had an eloquent way of sharing their messages and helping people to realize more of what's going on and why it's so concerning. Thanks for sharing Lysergic

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Always like a dose of Hicks. About six minutes in he launches into advertisers. "If anyone here is into advertising, marketing, shoot yourselves.

However the vileness of this video is apparent to any who truly love Hicks and knew his work before he died. Hicks was an across the board observer of the world. This video uses him to promote their own biased agenda. While Hicks talks about politicians in general and our dystopia, the makers of this film focus on Obama who was elected after Hick's death.

Hicks would take this video and tear it to shreds for making him out to be a partisan hack.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

everything in this video can be applied to this current day and election

That statement would apply to all those stand ups and artists who have rallied against capitalism and war for at least the last 50 years and probably further. Things haven't changed in the slightest and if anything, you could say it's only gotten worse

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Nice, thank you

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum
Exactly. I love the bit very near the end where he says something like 'when whoever is elected president, he is taken into a smokey room with the twelve industiralist, capitalist dumpfxxks who got him there.
This is not only funny and sad at the same time but more to the point that Hick's when taken apart piece by piece can be used by either side to promote that side. While in reality Hicks saw capitalism as a force behind the sickness he railed against.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It's the ride they've all invested in.

One thing I didnt like about the video is how it took some audio from different sets that had nothing to do with what was being said.

I dont feel it was being used by a side, if it is, which?

I feel it's saying it doesn't matter which one we pick, its business as usual.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm now 3 years older than hicks was when he died, he still seems more grown up here than I am now.
Him and George carlin are two of the greatest minds to ever have lived. Timeless.

top topics

join