It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish cities welcoming jihadist terrorists with open arms, offering benefits

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

A Swedish city is considering giving jihadists returning from Syria and Iraq free housing, a driver’s license, and tax benefits to ease their reintegration

The support for extremists was proposed by Anna Sjöstrand

“There may be criticism, but [I think] that you should get the same help as others who seek help from us. We can’t say that because you made a wrong choice, you have no rights to come back and live in our society,” Sjöstrand said

The proposal has been eviscerated on social media, however, with users saying that Sweden is forgetting about the terrorists’ victims.

a similar ‘welcoming’ approach is also being considered in the Swedish cities of Malmö, Borlänge, and Örebro

Örebro was severely criticized in January after two IS terrorists – Liban Qadar, 23, and Mahamed Farah Osman, 24 – were offered internships in the municipality, but chose to return to Syria, where they were later killed in battle.

Source

What the HELL are these people thinking?!
4 Swedish cities want to not only welcome jihadist terrorist fighters with open arms, but give them benefits such as free housing and tax perks. One of the cities in question previously faced severe criticism earlier this year after ACTUAL ISLAMIC STATE TERRORISTS WERE OFFERED GOVERNMENT INTERNSHIPS.
Sweden, you should be absolutely ashamed!

"We can’t say that because you made a wrong choice, you have no rights to come back and live in our society,”

YES YOU DAMN WELL CAN!!!
edit on 10/19/2016 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Studio A SverigesRadio

I just looked at the translation of the article. It is about Swedish citizens that decided to come back after going to fight for ISIS. In more general terms, it is about supporting people in Sweden who decide to leave an extreemist group.

In regard to Malmo, Borlange and Orebro, they already do this, after an investigation.

They mention benefits others get who have not committed a crime in Sweden. They don't list off particular free things for people returning from fighting in Syria.

That people drop out of extremist movements are nothing new. In Sweden, people have left the gang engaged in organized crime, as well as extremist movements that Nazi Swedish Resistance Movement, or the now defunct Party of the Swedes.

It is Sweden and they are dealing with Swedish citizens, They can handle this how they want.
edit on 19-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Sorry reldra but if you decide you want to go play terrorist there should not be a get out of jail free card .
edit on 19-10-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Sorry reldra but if you decide you want to go play terrorist there should not be a get out of jail free card .

It is up to Sweden what they want to do in Sweden. It looks like a lot of people went to play Nazi and din't even have to leave Sweden and then left that group behind. This is more about the dynamics of someone needing support to leave an extreemist group. Many were picked for their vulnerability and ease of brainwashing.

Sweden is already letting them come back and not jailing them. The OP seems more concerned that they receive benefits all others get when returning to their home. It is probably best that if they are coming back and Sweden is letting them, they integrate into society.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Spin it anyway you want , my comment stands .

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Spin it anyway you want , my comment stands .

Yes, you can belileve they should be jailed. But I am not spinnning the article. I looked at the original source, translated and the OP is spinning what it means.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Thankyou for translating the article.

So just to confirm again, .......A "Swedish" citizen, can become a radical terrorist, blow up some people in Sweden, rape some young girls, as long as they are of the White tribe, go to a foreign country, join a deemed terrorist group, kill and behead a few foreigners, and Yazadi women, change their mind, Go back to Sweden and say, "Oh Im sorry about that, I made a mistake....now Im better, I want to be a happy Swede and listen to AbbA and Harpo"...........
And everything will be OK by the Swedish Govt and people, and you can live happily ever after in Peace?

Is that what the article says?

Cool, All I can say is.....Allloooha Ackbeer!!!

What a fantastic country......I want to live there too.

Do you have surfing?
edit on 19-10-2016 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
What is happening today, referred to by some as "The Great Replacement", is not taking place by accident. Phase One of the Globalist plan cannot come to fruition if people have affiliations to their sovereign state.
One very effective way of removing that loyalty to state is to make native populations believe that the state despises them, which of course, in most western nations, is completely true.

While initiating Phase One, Phase Two of the plan is executed, in which becomes it necessary to make the political leaders of the state understand that the only way of preserving their sinecures is to go along with Phase One.

AS we can see, it is a beautifully simple, subtle, and highly effective strategy. Stand by for much more of the same.
edit on 19-10-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Rarely do I agree with Reldra,but in this case I do.No matter what our opinions are(whether they be valid or not) this is a Swedish issue.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I think the Marx bros, you know Grouch, Chico, Harpo and Karl.....wrote a contract about this in the 30s...

Its called the Sanity Clause...

The party of the first party will deem the second party first, unless the second party deems the first last, in which case.....
etc etc.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

Thankyou for translating the article.

So just to confirm again, .......A "Swedish" citizen, can become a radical terrorist, blow up some people in Sweden, rape some young girls, as long as they are of the White tribe, go to a foreign country, join a deemed terrorist group, kill and behead a few foreigners, and Yazadi women, change your mind, Go back to Sweden and say, "Oh Im sorry about that, I made a mistake....now Im better, I want to be a happy Swede and listen to AbbA and Harpo"...........
And everything will be OK by the Swedish Govt and people, and you can live happily ever after in Peace?

Is that what the article says?

Cool, All I can say is.....Allloooha Ackbeer!!!

What a fantastic country......I want to live there too.

Do you have surfing?

NO, that is not what it says. They who are people who left the country and joined a JIhadist group in another country. Afetrwards, they decided it was a mistake to leave and to join the group. They then return home to Sweden. They are investigated. If it is determined they are no longer a threat, they are not jailed and given support to reintegrate into normal society.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Oh, ok.
Can you please explain what it actually means then.....other than...its a Swedish issue.

Thanks.

Cheeky thing, you threw that in after I did this.
But thanks for answering the question.

So basically, they are criminals, conducting crimes against Humanity, ....and then Sweden forgives them,,,

No problems....

So.....What do the majority of Swedish citizens think of this?
edit on 19-10-2016 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The other Marx, you know Karl, would have probably privately approved of what is going on today. a reply to: gort51

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Well that is messed up.....free pass for murder and war crimes? Hell....why didn't they just offer that town up to Nazi's back in the day?

Well...let them populate an entire town with them....then drone the hell out of it.

Talk about a safe haven for plotting and conspiring.

WTF is wrong with these people?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

Oh, ok.
Can you please explain what it actually means then.....other than...its a Swedish issue.

Thanks.

Cheeky thing, you threw that in after I did this.
But thanks for answering the question.

So basically, they are criminals, conducting crimes against Humanity, ....and then Sweden forgives them,,,

No problems....

So.....What do the majority of Swedish citizens think of this?

I do not know what they did while they were away. That is up to the people who investigate them when they return.

The actual source article starts with this :

Whether or not to file a Nazi organization, or if you fought for an Islamist extremist organization in the Middle East, there are some common denominators when it comes to leave or to drop out. Without help from the community, it is often doomed to failure.

and this

It is the beginning of 2015 in Lund. A 17-year-old boy did not come to school. Later, it is clear that he traveled to Syria to join the Islamic State. Pictures on the Internet shows a young man in white clothes posing with an AK 47.In August, he is back in Sweden. On his Facebook page he is publishing a repudiation of IS. " It is incumbent upon a Muslim to publicly correct himself when he made a mistake," he writes, and continues:In recent months I spent in the Islamic state appeared another reality before my eyes squeezed my breast.(...)I do not support IS, partly because of their behavior against innocent Muslims and non-Muslims. I do not support them when they kill Muslims, breaking confidences and promises, do not follow our religion balance in all aspects (...)

The RT article the OP uses, supopsedly sources the StudioA Sweden article, but twists it. The RT article says 'this practice has been eviscerated on social media'. The Studio A article RT is sourcing says no such thing.

300 people left Sweden to join either ISIS or another Jihadist group. 140 have returned. Some of the remaining 160 were killed in Syria.

So this is really about 140 people that have returned and some were given government help to reintegrate into society.

I just like facts in threads.

The OP is hyperbolic and they should have looked at the article RT said it was sourcing.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Ha....I love how that 17 year old boy reiterates that he does not support them when they kill Muslims....

Screw these 140. Punish them for war crimes....it isn't like the Nazi's got a second chance. Difficult to reintegrate? TOUGH....you made a "big boy" decision now deal with the consequences.

What is it with people never wanting to hold anyone accountable for their decisions anymore....yes, let's cradle and help the poor troubled ISIS fighter who had it really rough and was afraid of dying if he left and realized it was a bad decision to go fight for an organization that was known for beheading and killing en masse.

Spare me the bleeding heart. Tell them to go back and fight for Sweden and kill ISIS fighters if they want to live....

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Ha....I love how that 17 year old boy reiterates that he does not support them when they kill Muslims....

Screw these 140. Punish them for war crimes....it isn't like the Nazi's got a second chance. Difficult to reintegrate? TOUGH....you made a "big boy" decision now deal with the consequences.

What is it with people never wanting to hold anyone accountable for their decisions anymore....yes, let's cradle and help the poor troubled ISIS fighter who had it really rough and was afraid of dying if he left and realized it was a bad decision to go fight for an organization that was known for beheading and killing en masse.

Spare me the bleeding heart. Tell them to go back and fight for Sweden and kill ISIS fighters if they want to live....

He's 17 and he was somehow preyed on. Again, probably someone easy to brainwash. It's lucky he came back and it appears it wasn't too late. I am not a bleeding heart, it is a psychological problem, in some cases, that can be fixed.

People in the US go and join Nazi groups or cults and there are organizations that help them leave. They are afraid to leave. Why is this different? I am not saying is is a solution for all nor would it fit most cases. But Sweden decided it was worth it to try. And not all 140 got help. Some were investigated and jailed.

That is the point of the article. You can disagree. I was mainly digging for the source of the RT article and the actual story.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Why even bother letting them back in?

There is something deeply wrong in Sweden when jihadists, who may have committed the most heinous of crimes, are rewarded for their efforts.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Why even bother letting them back in?

There is something deeply wrong in Sweden when jihadists, who may have committed the most heinous of crimes, are rewarded for their efforts.

The key word is MAY. Reward? The small number of people decided they should not have gone and came home.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Well that is messed up.....free pass for murder and war crimes? Hell....why didn't they just offer that town up to Nazi's back in the day?

Because Sweden was Neutral during WWII so couldn't offer anything up, apart from Steel / Iron that is.

It may be f**ked up but Reldra is right, its a Swede issue. Now, if the OP was about the UK in the same light i would certainly voice an opinion, strongly voice! I'm kind of laughing right now about the "child" refugees being taken in from Calais who look about 30 years old, a child is a child by definition if you have a mother or father living in the UK but wait, i thought the original concept was to take "vulnerable youngsters", not men of fighting age

Oh well, you reap what you sow

ETA: I know its from "The Sun" tabloid so take it or leave it ....... a picture of one of the child refugees below, child? let me know

edit on 2016-10-19T07:13:16-05:002016Wed, 19 Oct 2016 07:13:16 -0500bWednesday1310America/Chicago167 by corblimeyguvnor because: child pic added

top topics

<<   2 >>

join