It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Discusses Chris Kyle & Lawsuit on Joe Rogen show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
So former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura appeared on Joe Rogen's podcast to discuss the details of his lawsuit with American Sniper Chris Kyle.

Chris Kyle lied in his book about punching Jesse Ventura in the face for condemning Chris's heroism. Jesse Ventura actually had to threaten to sue Warner Brothers to not have any mention of him in the film American Sniper.

All of that is really interesting but the real meat of this story for me was how Jesse Ventura laid out the MSM's agenda to run a smear campaign against Ventura in order to discredit him. Jesse claims that it was the intervention of the MSM into his case that got his show Conspiracy Theory cancelled.

See 20:28 for the bombsell Jesse drops.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

At the precise runtime of 20:28, it is Mr Rogen who is speaking. However, Mr Ventura does suggest right toward the very end of the video, that his being discredited prevents him from running for president.

If you had told me, five years ago, that Jesse Ventura was thinking of running for president, then I would have laughed till my eyes watered, not because it's a stupid idea, but because I never would have believed for a minute, that the man would ever have made it work. He does not fit the mould, he does not talk like a political animal either, and a great many other things besides.

But now? If you told me today that Mr Ventura will be running next election, then I would probably breathe a sigh of relief, because compared with the dross that was the pool this time around, at least you could be sure that the man would not be bragging about how much crotch he can grab on one day, or making defamatory comments about women, or expressing hatred toward both neighbours of his nation or immigrants to his nation.

But as he says, his being discredited in the eyes of the unwary, which accounts for the majority if this last election cycle is anything to go by, would make it hard for him to acquire enough support. Interesting times though, when a former wrestler, movie star, and Navy SEAL is a better candidate for high office than those on offer, but cannot run because of a bogus claim in a book.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

At the precise runtime of 20:28, it is Mr Rogen who is speaking. However, Mr Ventura does suggest right toward the very end of the video, that his being discredited prevents him from running for president.

Well yea. You have to hear what Rogen is asking him in order to put it into context.

But now? If you told me today that Mr Ventura will be running next election, then I would probably breathe a sigh of relief, because compared with the dross that was the pool this time around, at least you could be sure that the man would not be bragging about how much crotch he can grab on one day, or making defamatory comments about women, or expressing hatred toward both neighbours of his nation or immigrants to his nation.

I was actually really hoping that he would run for POTUS. He would have been a breath of fresh air in this repugnant political climate.

Interesting times though, when a former wrestler, movie star, and Navy SEAL is a better candidate for high office than those on offer, but cannot run because of a bogus claim in a book.

Don't forget former governor of Minnesota!

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Indeed so!

To be honest, I think he has a better grasp of world affairs than Trump does, and a greater amount of compassion for those that the US, and its western allies like the UK and others, have screwed over during the War on Terror, than any potential candidate, other than perhaps Mr Bernie Sanders. He also has the advantage of being a man that the far right cannot accuse of being weak, and that the left cannot accuse of being a corporate puppet.

It is a shame people are so easily led.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I watched this last night. It was a pretty good talk and I'm glad that he came on Joe's show to clear the air.
I doubt that any other outlet would give him the proper time to spell out the situation and let him explain in a way that Joe did.
That being said,(and I've always kinda knew this) Jessie is a bit of a strange bird...
The whole time he was moving his head erratically and rocking back and forth quite a bit. I found that to be odd.
Likes to interrupt a lot as well. Either way, he is a cool dude.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Its only a matter of time before they go after Rogan and Sam Harris. Having people discuss philosphy, cosmology, sociology, neuroscience, etc is just too dangerous.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

he didn't need the msm to discredit him. jesse the body ventura's show and forum here were nothing bad sad joke. never proved or disproved a damn thing.
and he stunk as a actor.

i wouldn't vote for him,

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Have you not seen Predator?
"I aint got time to bleeed"

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

The whole time he was moving his head erratically and rocking back and forth quite a bit. I found that to be odd.
Likes to interrupt a lot as well. Either way, he is a cool dude.

According to Ventura, all the stress of having to deal with being blacklisted because of Chris Kyle is what caused him in his old age to have seizures. Then he said that marijuana saved his life and allowed him to recover.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

yes i did plus many others, and that one line is the only one that stands out and he didn't even write it.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Don't forget he was also a champion wrestler.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

a champion wrestler.

the WWF WCW and WWE are not wresting, it a show. a phony show.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

he didn't need the msm to discredit him. jesse the body ventura's show and forum here were nothing bad sad joke. never proved or disproved a damn thing.
and he stunk as a actor.

i wouldn't vote for him,

Really? Clinton, Trump or Ventura? Pick one. LOL

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

hey snarl,
i've made it clear that neither one gets my vote, mine goes to Limberbutt McCubbins! for president.

top topics

join