It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Internet outages America... Wikileaks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Where can i buy some stars?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

It's just a part of the game. You are a part of it?

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes I do.

Every ISP? Really?
100 complaints. Really? Out of how many users?
Does a dropped cell connection equate with an internet outage?

You talked about percentages. Ok. How many twitter users are there on "every ISP" in 15 minutes? Divide that by 100. What's the number you get?

Give me statistics, not anecdotes.

And creating new numbers out of already existing ones doesn't constitute a finding.

Their graph is an aggregate of complaints in Twitter per defined service in fifteen minutes.

No need to further create new numbers with different math, their determination should justify the stats given.

No need to divide a thing, or cross services. Just look at numbers service by service.

Edit: note time, and most users won't complain on Twitter. God knows I wouldn't.
edit on 19-10-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I have Centurylink it's running fine,in Colo spgs.

Same server here in Albuquerque (Kirtland AFB). I'll be returning to Denver (Buckley AFB)
next week. We'll see what that is like.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Comcast internet in MI is fine. 2 years with this ISP and I've yet to have a problem in the metro area I'm in.

Twelve years prior ISP service from bouncing between Bright House & Verizon in a metro area in Florida, never had an issue aside from a lightning strike frying both the computer & the router. I don't think that was a connectivity conspiracy, however.

Ergo, my sarcastic anecdotal evidence says the OP needs to learn how to interpret report maps, understand the report source(s), figure service customer percentages regarding outages in service areas, and know when to admit utter ignorance.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Ah yes this does make far more sense!

Good catch and thank you for pointing it out.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I hear our internet service is pretty fragile. Three to note which may affect the ISP backbones...

A Space Weather alert was issued last week for possible outages.

John Kerry warned that too many air conditioners are running, causing unknown consequences.

Al Gore says when he invented the internet, it wasn't designed for traffic negative to Democrats. Too much, and he throttles the chit out of it.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Nope...not where I am. Comcast on all day and night...still on...all pc's and devices with Internet on as well....no problems, yesterday, last night or now.

Suggest its an area thing only.

MS
Michigan
edit on 19-10-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: elliotmtl
I know, right.

People pay astrologers money.

Funny that....I just saw a public auction sign being posted in a yard a couple days ago that had a "Psychic" sign/billboard up....guess he/she wasn't very psychic.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Playing with lasers are we?
Kirkland used to be the main weapons lab.
As a kid I time at Lovelace in the 60s

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Heh, interesting. Mine was down for 3 hours the night before last (night before the debates). When I called Cox, there was an automated message saying they were aware of the problem and working to get service restored. I'm in NW Arkansas.

<< 1  2   >>

join