It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion Please. Thank You

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This is a rant but I have used four days to calm down so my language will be collected excluding excessive linguistic innovations.

Imagine you work in food service, with immediate contact to goods that will be served to hungry customers.
Some of which will not be heated after handling.
You are training a new person, she has puss filled abrasions on face and arms, not large but visible and one the size of a doughnut bellow her neck.
Uncovered, yellow, surrounded by bright red.

You are horrified and quickly ask/demand that you cover this up, and has she seen a doctor for it? Yes we cover it up, no she hasn't seen a doctor.
This person barely has a vocabulary.

Next day, the woman calls in and says she can't come because she is having it looked at. Good.

Now I am talking.

The day after the doctors visit, who must be an absolute idiot, she comes in on antibiotics with out a diagnoses and claims the doctor said her employer could make the decision as to whether she was fit for work or not.
A CYST the size of a doughnut and she is allowed to touch food.

I overruled my manager who had instructed her to wear gloves at all times. I told her not to touch any thing that would not be heated. Not do dishes and not serve costumers.
She left, with out telling me and complained the next day that I "wouldn't let her do any thing" so I was reprimanded, but held my ground and said I would hold the costumers safety above production any time.
There was plenty she could do, and who wouldn't jump for joy not to have to do dishes. Phyf.

Silent treatment.

I was so angry that they would put any one in danger for a couple of bucks.
Fools, nincompoops, idiots.

Your opinion please?

This felt good.

edit on 18-10-2016 by WalkInSilence because: phyf

edit on 18-10-2016 by WalkInSilence because: shameful

edit on 18-10-2016 by WalkInSilence because: jeez, just spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Call the health department in your area. They will then determined what needs to be done.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
In some jurisdictions, and perhaps your own, you and your employers would have been committing a legal offence if you had allowed her to approach food preparation.
That would be an unanswerable argument.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Call the county board of health and then call your attorney incase your employer decides to retaliate.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You were and are absolutely right.

I'm now in charge of food service for over 200 sites across the country and I would have made the same call.
She could mop the floor, clean under and behind stuff, the exhaust hoods always need cleaning...

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I agree with what you have said.

No way in hell would i let this person handle food or do any preparations (people may get sick), if anything she needs time off to heal and go see a doctor or pharmacist that can help her till it's time to go back to work.

I'd also (as you did) stand up and say no to my boss cause it's a health scare/problem.

link   

Which Medical School did you go to? xxx

link   
Good for you. Glad you held your ground.

originally posted by: shipman

Are you that idiotic?
edit on 10/18/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

link   
Good for you! At least someone in the food business has some common sense! Stay AWAY from the food please!

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You are a good person. Your qualities, good people will see and you will find a better situation in the end. That is what happened to me my entire life. Selfishness, greed are horrible qualities. Sometimes those people get ahead but more often than not they fail. Really proud of you. You wear a medal that nobody sees except yourself. Those are the best types of medals to have.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Good on you for doing the right thing and speaking up on the job. I understand your concerns and they are completely justified, but I will say that referring to someone as "Cyst Lady" can be offensive to others who have medical conditions.. just a word of caution.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You never should have been reprimanded for being concerned about the health of others. Calling the health board would be a good idea.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

You did the right thing.

I sometimes get a small circle spot of psoriasis on my left hand like stigmata. When I did and I worked in the hospitality industry I shunned myself from customer contact and food production.

I would throw on some gloves and do other work.

This person does not belong with food.

gross.

Real talk, screw her feelings, its a business not a not-for-profit.

This person needs to work in something else.

edit on 10 18 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

You are right that was uncalled for, she is not blame.
Thank You for calling me on that.
That was a shameful comment.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
I truly apologize if my previous referral to the woman was offensive.
Your condition is only cosmetic and never posses a threat.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I will never eat another creme filled donut.

Nor wil I probably eat for four days.

Thanks for the VISUAL...

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shipman

Pardon me. I fail to comprehend the intent of your inquiry? Please elaborate.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

nah its cool, and you and I know that, but customers dont. Its about getting their loyalty bro. No need to mince words. They need to see polished and presentable people.

Thats just part of the sale.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Of course - you truly did what was in the best interest of everyone's safety, and did it appropriately so. You employer is lucky they've got people like yourself looking after safety - I'm surprised you had to do it in the first place but thank goodness you did

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm not sure where you are locate ...but most restaurants or food establishments require each staff member dealing with food to take a "Serve safe course " ...perhaps this girl being new needs this course to understand food, food born disease and illness , and her potential health issue ....with that being said...since she is already complaining about you to management , .sounds like you will continually have issues with this girl . Good luck with that ...

<<   2  3 >>

join