It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls for congressional term limits

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

term limits bypasses the idiodic amout of money to be made by LIFELONG members of congress

with a mandate of voters in the general term limits could be done

obamacare was pushed by a mandate

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: interupt42

POTUS can't do sh*t about congressional term limits... just like Gary Johnson - if supporters use this as a reason to vote for him, they're idiots plain and simple

nobody is sayong he can do anything. however we are so f ck8d that him talking about congressional term limits is progress.

talking about the same bs dnc,gop, and msm hyper issues for the last 5 decades hasn't done squat. simply because you cant fix anything until we focus on corruption and term limits is part of the solution.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Pffffffffffffffffft....

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Pffffffffffffffffft....

hahahahahaha
"correct me if im wrong"

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: interupt42
I believe trump as much as I wish I had his hair and not sure I take him seriously in doing anything about Congregational term limits.

Just more Trump "game playing" IMO.

regardless i would rather game play that focus on term limits rather than the same bs over and over and over again . term limits is a real issue not a manufactured distraction.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

guess what, the cult followers will agree.

this is the behavior with people in this mind state, or lack there of; just like a cult leader can say anything and the followers will construe anything in their head to make it acceptable and eventually 'not wrong', we're seeing the same thing here.
trump can say anything, because his followers, in some trance-like mind-state, will always agree.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

so Trump can't set up term limits because of congress, but somehow he'll be able to ban everyone, build walls, kill small kittens, start wars, abolish women's rights, and destroy America.

I really like the idea of term limits for congress and the supreme court.

yeah i noticed the same thing,lol

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

the point being made is that he can not, by his little ol' self, do anything at all about term limits.

Only Congress can. He could most certainly encourage it, then sign it were it to become law. But nothing else.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

so your saying you dont support term limits...

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

guess what, the cult followers will agree.

this is the behavior with people in this mind state, or lack there of; just like a cult leader can say anything and the followers will construe anything in their head to make it acceptable and eventually 'not wrong', we're seeing the same thing here.
trump can say anything, because his followers, in some trance-like mind-state, will always agree.

what cha talkin about willis?

are you against bringing attention to a real issue such as term limits for congress?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

not only could an executive order make such a change, a second executive order could restrict congresses ability to undo such a change, so yes executive orders do have everything to do with this. and definitely do give the president such ability

peopleof.oureverydaylife.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: watchitburn

He could most certainly encourage it, then sign it were it to become law. But nothing else.

that would be more progress than what the last 5 decades have given us in regards to fixing the real issue.
edit on 191031America/ChicagoTue, 18 Oct 2016 18:19:51 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I realize that and addressed it in my post. Thank you Captain Obvious

My contention is that just leaving it at "He can't do it" because they don't like him is stupid and defeatist. No one else is talking about it, even though it is one of the single greatest issues facing the country.

Is Hillary talking about it? Is she even talking about anything other than Trump?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
How about we make em show to work, like regularly. The only time all of Congress is ever present is when they get together to vote for raises for themselves, and up their pensions. Or we could just fire them all, I'm OK with that too.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

No argument there.

Congress will never go for it.

Some years ago, my Congressional rep was Thomas Foley--later became Speaker of the House. Well, we got tired of him never coming home to see us, so we replaced him with George Nethercutt...yeah... Anyhoo, his main schtick was Congressional term limits. He even supported a statewide initiative here in Washington to do just that. He was elected in a landslide...just a monstrous one.

The very first thing he did upon reaching Washington DC was help file suit in Fed. District court to have the results of the initiative over turned--it had won with nearly seventy percent of the voters saying "Hell yes, this is a great idea."

He was unelected the very next go 'round, by just about the same margin that he'd won by previous.

The voters will support this, it's been proven. But it's going to take replacing Congress-critters, with ones more compliant to the wishes of their constituencies--which would kinda remove the necessity of term limits--but the voters have to be willing to do the work. No one person, not even super-Trump, can do it alone.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Constitutional Convention

1. Two-thirds of state legislatures (34) pass bills applying for the Term Limits Convention.

2. Congress is mandated to call the Convention.

3. The Convention, which features delegates chosen by the states, proposes one or more term limits amendments.

4. Three-quarters of states (38) must ratify the amendment, either by legislature or state convention.

Other issues are outside the scope of the Convention and thus not permitted.

Source

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm not sure term limits are such a good idea.

Millennials will get into power that much faster.

Do you really want that?

I don't. That's simply accelerating Idiocracy. But hey, the sooner we get it over with, right?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No lots of people have said he can't do those things by himself either... Just that he talks like he is going to regardless of what rules he needs to follow.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
term limits is a winner

does anyone actually oppose term limits?

I am in favor of term limits. I am opposed to opening the can of worms the Constitution requires to change them. A constitutional convention would open the entire Constitution to changes. Anything would be possible. Do you trust anyone in Washington to do that?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: shooterbrody

I don't and have no qualms saying I agree with Donald here.
But that won't make me vote for him.

And IMHO this is just an empty promise.

I love the idea too, but Trump won't be able to accomplish this. I don't think he'll accomplish much of anything, he has too much opposition from both parties.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join